PDA

View Full Version : Little Bikes...Big Fun!

Linz Leard
07-03-2003, 09:33 PM
That's mini-motocross...indoors! Yeah, that's cool.

If you live in or around Houston, I would suggest you bring your mini motocrosser out to Johnny Nash Indoor Arena and get some air time. The track is awesome fun and will wear you out! There are several CMRA guys who already know of this place - John Haner, Mike Case and Joe Prussiano to name a few, and it's pretty freakin' cool. Everything from XR50s and PW50s with kids (and adults) to XR100s, CRF150s and TT-R 125s. You'll see a BBR of some sort there once in a while as well. It's a gnarly track with fast laps being in the sub 30 second bracket. Here's the skinny from the flyer:

"Houston's First Indoor Mini/Small Dirt Bike Track. Practicing now Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays 6pm to 9pm. Races will be starting soon. Age groups, stock and modified classes. Track info numbers (713) 991-0671, (281) 300-4032. Located at Johnny Nash indoor arena, 6200 Willardville Road, Houston, Texas 77048."

The location is on the south side of Houston about five minutes from Hobby Airport. To get you and your bike on the track is a mere $10, and spectating is free. Did I already say it was cool?

Jack Giesecke
07-04-2003, 08:16 AM
No triples, eh? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Mmm I might try this. Need to put the dirt suspension on and knobs. Gotta pull the rear wheel anyway cause it's got that old XR problem, popping spokes. Need some heavy ones from Buchanan's before I try jumping that thing with my fat butt on it. Joe's running his XR there?

Linz, e-mail me some directions to the place.

Jack