PDA

View Full Version : Teknic's handling of.........

Nathaniel Orona
07-08-2003, 11:12 AM
I am sure most of you read the thread that I put regarding " Problem with Teknic." Teknic has evaluated my leathers and said that the reason they came apart at the stitching was because it was the old stitching technic that they no longer use. They now have some new way they stitch their leathers. So be wary if your Teknic suit it older than 2002. They have restitched my whole suit, with the new way, for me and threw in a new pair of gloves for my trouble and the hole in my knee. The contact at Teknic was very cooperative and concerned about the suit coming apart like it did. I only hope that this does not happen to someone else because the hole in my knee is still not fully healed from TWS. It might be ready for Hallet. Anyway, just updating fellow racers on Teknic's handling of customer service and quality control. See you all at Hallet.

m novak
07-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Very cool, most folks would only update if they were mad or mistreated.

Glad they worked with you, says something about the company.

Mitchel
07-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Did they describe the difference in the stitching between the new and old?

Thanks,
Mitchelin

Jack Giesecke
07-08-2003, 02:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nathaniel Orona:
I am sure most of you read the thread that I put regarding " Problem with Teknic." Teknic has evaluated my leathers and said that the reason they came apart at the stitching was because it was the old stitching technic that they no longer use. They now have some new way they stitch their leathers. So be wary if your Teknic suit it older than 2002. They have restitched my whole suit, with the new way, for me and threw in a new pair of gloves for my trouble and the hole in my knee. The contact at Teknic was very cooperative and concerned about the suit coming apart like it did. I only hope that this does not happen to someone else because the hole in my knee is still not fully healed from TWS. It might be ready for Hallet. Anyway, just updating fellow racers on Teknic's handling of customer service and quality control. See you all at Hallet.</div></div>Thanks for the info. If they'll stitch mine over the off season, I'll send them out. I found their web site via a search engine and shot them an e-mail. This could be a serious liability problem for them, or in the least a bad PR thing. I think they should restitch any and all suits that might be suspect and do it on a recall. I'm quite sure my suit is of such a construction since the stitching has already failed, fortunately without holing anything on my body.

Nathaniel Orona
07-09-2003, 08:29 AM
They did not go into any detail as to the new stitching process, only stating that it is new, called the TASC( Teknic advanced seam construction) for better and stronger seams and abrasion resistance.

Fermin
07-09-2003, 08:45 AM
It is good to see a company that is responsive to customer's needs without being hounded. This is especially important for something as critical as leathers are to roadracers.
Fermin
Am #509