PDA

View Full Version : bike shoot out (7/11/03)

anthony c smith
07-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Temple Academy dragway (254-982-4512) will be having a bike shoot out this friday. The entry fee is $10 for the races and test/tune. It is single elimination and you dial in your time. The gates open at 6:30 and the competition starts at 9:15. If you are having trouble getting off the line at the cmra races, this will help you out alot. Helmet and leather jackett/gloves are required. If you run faster than 10 second quaters, bring full leathers. Thanks, Anthony.
http://teamozracing.com
http;//mailtoaelectric76567@yahoo.com

David Branyon
07-09-2003, 02:13 PM
City or at least state where this track is located? Since you're in Rockdale, can we assume that's the location?

Thanks,
David B.
#87 exp FZR400

tinman
07-09-2003, 06:31 PM
academy, texas on highway 95 between temple and taylor. dont speed thru academy!!!!! the track is on the west side of the highway.

anthony c smith
07-09-2003, 08:59 PM
If you are having trouble locating Academy, TX. it is located right next to Temple, Tx. Rob is right about the speeding deal as well. The track is just below and runs paralell to the long bridge. So if you are coming from the Austin area and pass the bridge you have gone too far. If coming from the Temple direction, the entrance is just past the bridge. Good fun for a cheap price! hope to see you there. Anthony.

anthony c smith
07-11-2003, 12:13 AM
ROLL CALL!!!! Anyone besides me going to this? Hey if it is just me that shows up then I am assured a podium finish! How about you Rob? You wanna come in from Lousiana to play?
Seriously we have 5 riders confirmed and there are always a bunch of guys that show up from FT. Hood. Anyone else? Anthony.

UglyR6
07-11-2003, 10:46 AM
There is nothing better for your roadracing starts as drag strip launches. there's nothing like being on row 13 at the start only to head into the first turn ahead of all of the 2nd wave. I know this from experience. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

hell if i had been in the first wave, i might have had a top 5 finish instead of 10th at msr.

i manage a 1.75 60' with a 10.66 at Texas motorplex on my fz1. but it takes practice.

Why racers dont go practice at the strip i'll never know. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

anthony c smith
07-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Hey Rick , does this mean that we will be seeing you tonight on that R6 you have been trying to sell? Heck if I decide I like it I may even buy it from ya? So you coming down would be a like killing 2 birds with one stone... or amI just reaching? Later, Anthony.

UglyR6
07-11-2003, 09:41 PM
anthony, i wish i could go. trying to sell both bikes and not put any miles on either of them.
my r6 isnt going to sell on ebay unless something magical happens in the next hour. the auction is almost over. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif