PDA

View Full Version : found a pic of Jim

ysr612
07-09-2003, 02:43 PM
pic at the true grits http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~libssd/tg2002/photo08.jpg http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~libssd/tg2002/photo36.jpg

R Eads
07-09-2003, 03:36 PM
the guy on the 99 bike is Anthony Smith.
Good thing he kept his helmet on.

The year before, Jim made it onto speedvision, with Brain Drebber. It was on one of the shows that speed axed.

Later,
R Eads

ysr612
07-09-2003, 07:34 PM
thought I knew him.

anthony c smith
07-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Hey Glen, What site did you find those pics at? Thanks, Anthony.

ysr612
07-10-2003, 01:45 PM
to tell the truth I got them from your site. your squid link then there true grits link then the photo links. check the properties on them they are links not on my site.

anthony c smith
07-10-2003, 01:47 PM
Thanks Glen, I had no idea? Anthony.

ysr612
07-10-2003, 01:48 PM
who is going this year???

anthony c smith
07-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Jim, Ricky, Myself, Possibly Rob Rundell, Clayton Mcdowell. Of course all are invited and the more the better. I think they are putting a cap on the entrys to 120 this year. All and all it is pretty cool. An un official race down and then back up the Georgia mountains with cars and all on the streets. I remember passing a family in a mini van going down the mountain, boy did I get the "what the crap" look. Some of the corners are the coolest that I have ever rode on. One was a chicane with a tight increasing radius going in then it leveled off going up hill into a decreasing radius with a 100 ft straight down drop off to the outside of the turn. Needless to say I took it slow through that one. It would be cool to organize a cmra mini section or something.
It is also all layed back there with nice scenery. Saturay is practice for everyone up and down the mountain (you will need it to scout the route). Saturday night (boy can Jim snore)everyone hangs out and talk minis and shoots the potato gun etc. on the runway that is on top of the mountain. Sunday (halloween) there is a parade and then the "race" starts. There is just way to much to see and do. Words dont do the experience justice. I think the best thing of all is the police are totally cool. The VFD actually uses this as a fund raiser in the form of a donation. It is a 1200 mile trip from Rockdale to give you an idea of the distance.
Do you think you may attend? More later, gotta go work, Anthony.

ysr612
07-10-2003, 03:22 PM
sounds to good to pass up. Last year it was the weekend of the dual sport ride in Tulinqua (sp) so I missed both.

tinman
07-10-2003, 07:12 PM
glen are you talking about the same place as the chili cookoff? i didnt know anyone else knew the place it existed. that would be an interesting place for a dust race.

ysr612
07-10-2003, 07:46 PM
houston trail riders used to do the ama suz dual sport ride out there by big bend. I alway ment to ride it but never did. I thought it would be a nice ride over there then ride a few days and come back I do not know if they do a cook off but that sounds good too.

they were soposed to have two types of trails one for pigs like the transalp (my bike) and one for real dual sports like the xr650l or the drz.

tinman
07-10-2003, 07:59 PM
man talk about a place to not run out of gas!!! its cool country but sure is far from civilization. they have a big chili cookoff there every year and lots of people drive in and fly in. guess you can get away from it all there.