PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone need.................................

Alan Phillips
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Does anyone need a consistant rider for Big Bike Endurance or Mini Endurance. I would like to ride a 600 in the BBE and or Formula 4 in the mini endurance.

I will be riding in f4 sprints and f5 sprints along with C and D SS and SB so I was just looking for a way to get some track time so if any of you can help a kid out then let me know.

-Alan-

Alan Phillips
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Does anyone need a consistant rider for Big Bike Endurance or Mini Endurance. I would like to ride a 600 in the BBE and or Formula 4 in the mini endurance.

I will be riding in f4 sprints and f5 sprints along with C and D SS and SB so I was just looking for a way to get some track time so if any of you can help a kid out then let me know.

-Alan-

Alan Phillips
01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
come on guys I would really like to find someone to ride with. Mini and big bike endurance.

-Alan-

Alan Phillips
01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
come on guys I would really like to find someone to ride with. Mini and big bike endurance.

-Alan-

Alan Phillips
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
come on guys you know you want to help out a kid racer

-Alan-

Alan Phillips
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
come on guys you know you want to help out a kid racer

-Alan-

Dirk Anderson
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Trying to play that card are we?

Dirk Anderson
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Trying to play that card are we?

Ronnie Hay
01-08-2008, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan Phillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body">come on guys you know you want to help out a kid racer
</div></div>

Perhaps not the best approach.

Who are you? To many, it's just a 5 day old name on a message board. Do you let strangers ride your bike?

What do you have to offer an endurance team? Financial help? Setup? Pit assistance? Bike purchase? Bike maintenance? The list goes on and on.

What type of attitude do you bring to the track? Many of the endurance teams are composed of friends! People that even when things are not going as well as they would like, they still enjoy their company.

If you want someone to seriously consider your request, give them a reason to do so.

Ronnie Hay
01-08-2008, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan Phillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body">come on guys you know you want to help out a kid racer
</div></div>

Perhaps not the best approach.

Who are you? To many, it's just a 5 day old name on a message board. Do you let strangers ride your bike?

What do you have to offer an endurance team? Financial help? Setup? Pit assistance? Bike purchase? Bike maintenance? The list goes on and on.

What type of attitude do you bring to the track? Many of the endurance teams are composed of friends! People that even when things are not going as well as they would like, they still enjoy their company.

If you want someone to seriously consider your request, give them a reason to do so.

John Lincoln
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
It sounds like you already have a bike, so why don't you round up some people and run a team on that?

John Lincoln
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
It sounds like you already have a bike, so why don't you round up some people and run a team on that?

Alan Phillips
01-08-2008, 04:46 PM
if I run a endurance on my bike (which is not mine) and it crashes then what am I going to sprint on if it cant be fixed.

the reason I was trying to find an endurance ride is so that I can get a lot of seat time. and normally a endurance team has bike only for endurance.

Alan Phillips
01-08-2008, 04:46 PM
if I run a endurance on my bike (which is not mine) and it crashes then what am I going to sprint on if it cant be fixed.

the reason I was trying to find an endurance ride is so that I can get a lot of seat time. and normally a endurance team has bike only for endurance.

John Lincoln
01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
If you crash my endurance bike, and it can't be fixed, what am I going to endurance on? Your bike that's not yours? Now do you see what Ronnie was talking about in his post?

This is a tough hobby to ask for charity in brudah.

John Lincoln
01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
If you crash my endurance bike, and it can't be fixed, what am I going to endurance on? Your bike that's not yours? Now do you see what Ronnie was talking about in his post?

This is a tough hobby to ask for charity in brudah.

matt911
02-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Just a little help....I would think a good endurance proposal goes something like this.
Hello my name is XXXXXX,(if you don't have a good network in the CMRA introduce yourself and your experience) and I've been racing off and on with the CMRA for XX year. I have mainly focused on sprints, but I would like to get on an endurance team this year. I'm pretty laid back and my main objective is to get some seat time during endurance races so being on a laid back team would be ideal(not necessarily a bad thing, just a win or lose have fun team instead of a win or nothing else deal). I've got a worst case scenario backup bike (RSXX,EX250, etc.) that I also sprint race (instills your priorities once again) and can contribute my fair share. I am not rich, but can definitely be consistent and contribute time as well (let's people know you're not a freeloader). Just wondering if anyone was looking for an extra rider. Also let people know if you want to run a whole season or would be content being a backup rider or just a rider for the longer endurances.....
Just trying to help you out some...
-Matt

Ronnie Hay
02-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Very good post!

Thanks Matt.

Ronnie Hay
02-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Very good post!

Thanks Matt.

ChemiKaze
02-15-2008, 11:29 PM
I hope once I get my license, I can ask around for recommended teammates... here's to hoping no bad luck turns me away! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ChemiKaze
02-15-2008, 11:29 PM
I hope once I get my license, I can ask around for recommended teammates... here's to hoping no bad luck turns me away! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

matt911
02-16-2008, 12:26 AM
I should start a dating service.....except I won't be hooking up guys with women...errr...I could hook up endurance team teammates...I think it's a sure fire idea...lol..j/.k.

matt911
02-16-2008, 12:26 AM
I should start a dating service.....except I won't be hooking up guys with women...errr...I could hook up endurance team teammates...I think it's a sure fire idea...lol..j/.k.

ChemiKaze
02-18-2008, 03:28 AM
buahhahha.. funni!! :P

ChemiKaze
02-18-2008, 03:28 AM
buahhahha.. funni!! :P

James Keenan
02-18-2008, 07:20 PM
hey matt, i'm a free loader and slow, but i'll never be as slow as you.

i only ride suzuki's so if you are goign to endurance that rc, you'll need to put a GSXR sticker somewhere on it - THEN i'll be up for a free endurance team ride - i'll do 5-10 laps come in, and expect to ride again on the hour!!

James Keenan
02-18-2008, 07:20 PM
hey matt, i'm a free loader and slow, but i'll never be as slow as you.

i only ride suzuki's so if you are goign to endurance that rc, you'll need to put a GSXR sticker somewhere on it - THEN i'll be up for a free endurance team ride - i'll do 5-10 laps come in, and expect to ride again on the hour!!

matt911
02-18-2008, 09:56 PM
lol....riiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhtttttt......you'll only have the chance to be as slow as I am if...and when....my bike is ready to race...

matt911
02-18-2008, 09:56 PM
lol....riiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhtttttt......you'll only have the chance to be as slow as I am if...and when....my bike is ready to race...

TX_03_RC51
02-23-2008, 04:28 PM
SWM 5'11" 220 lbs, college educated, house broken, employed, and I do the dishes, my own laundry, and I know how to cook. Any one need an endurance team mate? Oh, and to quote one of my law school classmates, I'm kind of a big deal. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

TX_03_RC51
02-23-2008, 04:28 PM
SWM 5'11" 220 lbs, college educated, house broken, employed, and I do the dishes, my own laundry, and I know how to cook. Any one need an endurance team mate? Oh, and to quote one of my law school classmates, I'm kind of a big deal. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

ChemiKaze
02-25-2008, 10:08 PM
^ LOL that is funni 2!

ChemiKaze
02-25-2008, 10:08 PM
^ LOL that is funni 2!

Ronnie Hay
02-25-2008, 11:05 PM
My Humble retraction:

Finally put a face to the name this past weekend. Alan is the son of our starter Jeff Phillips and one of the siblings of our gate ward Sarah Phillips.

This little upstart has been cultivating his talents in the TMGP ranks and thus should be reasonably adept on a motorcycle. Apples rarely fall far from the tree and with Jeff as his Dad, it is very safe to assume that Alan is a stand up young man.

See you guys at MSR!

Ronnie Hay
02-25-2008, 11:05 PM
My Humble retraction:

Finally put a face to the name this past weekend. Alan is the son of our starter Jeff Phillips and one of the siblings of our gate ward Sarah Phillips.

This little upstart has been cultivating his talents in the TMGP ranks and thus should be reasonably adept on a motorcycle. Apples rarely fall far from the tree and with Jeff as his Dad, it is very safe to assume that Alan is a stand up young man.

See you guys at MSR!

Roger Albert
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
I was wondering when you'd figure that out Ronnie /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

&gt; little upstart

Little? 2 years ago when I started, he was like 4" shorter.
Came back after break at the start of the last season looking me eye to eye (admittedly not a giant accomplishment) Came back last week at OHR and I had to put a crick in my neck to look up at him.
Jeez. At least he's losing some of his aero-advantage. On that mini, he's starting to look like Xaus. All arms legs and tires. I think there was a bike under there somewhere.

Alan, you need to quit eating or brush up your basketball skills.

Seriously, Alan would be a great addition to any team. If we had an opening, I'd try to talk him into riding with us in a heartbeat. He has tons of tmgp endurance experience too. Couldn't go wrong.

Roger Albert
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
I was wondering when you'd figure that out Ronnie /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

&gt; little upstart

Little? 2 years ago when I started, he was like 4" shorter.
Came back after break at the start of the last season looking me eye to eye (admittedly not a giant accomplishment) Came back last week at OHR and I had to put a crick in my neck to look up at him.
Jeez. At least he's losing some of his aero-advantage. On that mini, he's starting to look like Xaus. All arms legs and tires. I think there was a bike under there somewhere.

Alan, you need to quit eating or brush up your basketball skills.

Seriously, Alan would be a great addition to any team. If we had an opening, I'd try to talk him into riding with us in a heartbeat. He has tons of tmgp endurance experience too. Couldn't go wrong.

Aaron Gore
02-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I know someone who might be interested if he can ride a Ninja 250??

Aaron Gore
02-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I know someone who might be interested if he can ride a Ninja 250??

Ronald Harris
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Alan, e-mail me with some contact info if interested in an occasional ride (help with 8 hour, substitute, etc.).

ron.harris@fairfield.k12.tx.us

Ronald Harris
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Alan, e-mail me with some contact info if interested in an occasional ride (help with 8 hour, substitute, etc.).

ron.harris@fairfield.k12.tx.us