PDA

View Full Version : New Tech Requirement

Kevin
01-14-2008, 12:10 PM
For the 2008 season tank protectors will be required on all 06-07 Yamaha R6's and recommended on 08's. Also, to lessen the chance of fuel fire on Suzuki GSXR's and Kaw ZX6's, do not use upper frame sliders any longer than 1 1/2 inches in length. The longer sliders allow the bike to rock up on the tank. I have talked to a number of sources on this and all have the same answer. The R6 protectors are in stock and available at the following companys: ETI Ph.(805)449-1735 'E'ETI-FUELCEL.COM
Adrenaline City Racing Ph.(856)981-9398 'E'sales@adrenalinecityracing.com
Traxxion Dynamics Ph.(770)592-3823 'E'traxxion.com. Graves Motorsports has 1 1/2" frame sliders Ph.(818)902-1942 'E' http://www.gravesport. The R6 tank protectors will be shown as required in the '08 rule book.

Pax, Kevin,chief tech inspector

Kevin
01-14-2008, 12:10 PM
For the 2008 season tank protectors will be required on all 06-07 Yamaha R6's and recommended on 08's. Also, to lessen the chance of fuel fire on Suzuki GSXR's and Kaw ZX6's, do not use upper frame sliders any longer than 1 1/2 inches in length. The longer sliders allow the bike to rock up on the tank. I have talked to a number of sources on this and all have the same answer. The R6 protectors are in stock and available at the following companys: ETI Ph.(805)449-1735 'E'ETI-FUELCEL.COM
Adrenaline City Racing Ph.(856)981-9398 'E'sales@adrenalinecityracing.com
Traxxion Dynamics Ph.(770)592-3823 'E'traxxion.com. Graves Motorsports has 1 1/2" frame sliders Ph.(818)902-1942 'E' http://www.gravesport. The R6 tank protectors will be shown as required in the '08 rule book.

Pax, Kevin,chief tech inspector

matt911
01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
(6) Tank sliders will be required on late model R6 and ZX6. (Other models may be added.)</div></div>

so they will not be required on the zx6?

matt911
01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
(6) Tank sliders will be required on late model R6 and ZX6. (Other models may be added.)</div></div>

so they will not be required on the zx6?

Kevin
01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Matt, At this time, no one makes protectors for any model other than the R6.If it is not available we can't require them. What I found out through a bunch of phone calls is the frame slider length is the culprit in other fuel fires.

Pax, Kevin

Kevin
01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Matt, At this time, no one makes protectors for any model other than the R6.If it is not available we can't require them. What I found out through a bunch of phone calls is the frame slider length is the culprit in other fuel fires.

Pax, Kevin

Michael Patterson
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
"Also, to lessen the chance of fuel fire on Suzuki GSXR's and Kaw ZX6's, do not use upper frame sliders any longer than 1 1/2 inches in length."

Where are you measuring from? AKA the total length from the bolt location on the frame out? Or the length sticking out from the highest point on the bodywork near the slider?

I am asking because if you measure from the frame where the slider bolts up at, you might as well leave the sliders off the bike.

Michael Patterson
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
"Also, to lessen the chance of fuel fire on Suzuki GSXR's and Kaw ZX6's, do not use upper frame sliders any longer than 1 1/2 inches in length."

Where are you measuring from? AKA the total length from the bolt location on the frame out? Or the length sticking out from the highest point on the bodywork near the slider?

I am asking because if you measure from the frame where the slider bolts up at, you might as well leave the sliders off the bike.

Kevin
01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Keeping the least amount needed to protect the body work. As an example, typical long stunt style sliders allow the bike to pivot and rock up on the top edge of the tank.
Kevin

Kevin
01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Keeping the least amount needed to protect the body work. As an example, typical long stunt style sliders allow the bike to pivot and rock up on the top edge of the tank.
Kevin

Troy Green
01-14-2008, 05:02 PM
In my experience frame sliders work best on RACE bikes the closer they are to FLUSH with the body work. Frame sliders are not meant to save the body work on race bikes, they are there to keep the hard parts (and $$$$$ parts) from getting damaged if a bike slides for long distances on the pavement.
If you are using frame sliders on a RACE bike for any other purpose then you are wasting your time and possibly causing more crash damage.

So good NEW rule!!!

Troy

Troy Green
01-14-2008, 05:02 PM
In my experience frame sliders work best on RACE bikes the closer they are to FLUSH with the body work. Frame sliders are not meant to save the body work on race bikes, they are there to keep the hard parts (and $$$$$ parts) from getting damaged if a bike slides for long distances on the pavement.
If you are using frame sliders on a RACE bike for any other purpose then you are wasting your time and possibly causing more crash damage.

So good NEW rule!!!

Troy

Ducatibob
01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't know about the Jap bikes, but Speedy Moto makes "Under the Bodywork" frame sliders for Ducatis that essentially use your your bodywork to help dissipate impacts and protect those expensive hard parts Troy referred to. I have crash tested mine three times, and everytime I feel they saved me a ton of money. I also don't have to worry about them breaking off and bending the frame or catapulting my bike skyward when they snag something. Just something to think about.

Ducatibob
01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't know about the Jap bikes, but Speedy Moto makes "Under the Bodywork" frame sliders for Ducatis that essentially use your your bodywork to help dissipate impacts and protect those expensive hard parts Troy referred to. I have crash tested mine three times, and everytime I feel they saved me a ton of money. I also don't have to worry about them breaking off and bending the frame or catapulting my bike skyward when they snag something. Just something to think about.