PDA

View Full Version : BOD elections

mark niemi
07-15-2003, 03:13 PM
Can we get an official list? Who's running and who's not?
When are the completion dates(the word "deadlines"does not exist in my world)for the announcements? I think it's been said but I forgot.
The current board has done an incredible job. Who do they endorse?Who will make a good member that will allow the club to continue it's current direction?

Norm McDonald
07-15-2003, 04:16 PM
There are 4 BOD that thier terms are up. Brooks Gremmels, Bryan Norton and Barry McMahan that can all run for another term. Norm McDonald served 4 years and can't run this time. Your right the three that can run have done an outstanding job. Thanks for the good words. Norm

Brooks Gremmels
07-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Mark, thanks for the support. I will try to post the info you have requested tomorrow.
Being on the BOD can be a pain but the payoff is seeing the momentum being generated today. I know of four excellent candidates who have committed to the work load if elected.
One way to look at the up-coming election is that it will be a referendum for the current state of affairs and the direction the BOD has indicated it is leading the club. If as members you are satisfied that you are being well represented, hopefully you will vote to return those BOD members who chose to run and their recommended candidates. If, on the other hand, there is the feeling that another group could do a better job of representing the membership, use your vote to replace the current slate. Just please don't make BOD meetings a grueling, non-productive affair by selecting a BOD that is torn by dissention. Go one way or the other.
Regardless of the outcome the interest in this election is a great day for the CMRA! The membership wins either way.
Brooks