PDA

View Full Version : Mini Bike Race this Saturday!!!

Jiveturky
07-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Mini Road Racing

Think You Have a Fast Mini Road Racer or Pit Bike???

The first mini road race will be held at JRP Raceway this Saturday July 26. Open practice will begin at 4 p.m. and end at 6 p.m. The go-carts will have the track from 6 to 8:30 and then we will start the races from 8:30 till 10:00. The cost is $25 per bike.

What can you bring to ride???

We would like to limit the engine size of the bikes to 75cc four strokes and 50cc two strokes. The track is asphalt go cart track and anything too big or too fast could present a safety issue.
YSRs, XR-50 and 75s, pocket bikes, and similar type machines are what we are expecting to show up.

What type of protective gear do you need.
The track owner has requested that Helmets, leather jacket, leather gloves, knee and elbow pads and some type of leather boots be worn.
I suggest full leathers if you have them, as there is a good chance you will crash.

Directions to track
Cross the river on I-44 and exit 51st St. Proceed on 51st and track is on left side of street. (JRP Raceway 5920 West 51st Street)

If you have any questions call Troy at (918) 307-2561. Or post them here and we will try to help.

Thanks, Eric

07-22-2003, 11:22 PM
cool!!!
i will be there with the pw50 on shagged out knobbies so if there is anyone worried they will have the slowest bike forget it, i got that market cornered!!!

do we have to do any special bike prep (safety wire)?

troysturtz
07-23-2003, 09:35 AM
Safety wire is not required. I think Eric is going to bring my old set of scooter tires that may fit your PW. You could put them on during the break if they fit. If they work you can have them.

Troy

jaws
07-23-2003, 09:55 AM
I will try to get my PW50 there also. Sounds like fun just need to find some of those scooter tires.

07-23-2003, 10:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by troysturtz:
Safety wire is not required. I think Eric is going to bring my old set of scooter tires that may fit your PW. You could put them on during the break if they fit. If they work you can have them.

Troy</div></div>thanks for the offer.

see you there.

Jiveturky
07-23-2003, 01:55 PM
John and Chris,
I think we have 2 sets. I will go by the shop when I get off work then let you know. My wife is coming to Tulsa Thursday and I plan on sending a few sets of tires up there with her. She will take them to Troy's house and if you guys want you can go to his house and pick them up. This way you can have a shop put them on for you. Beleive it or not they are very hard to put on without popping a tube.

Later, ERic

jaws
07-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Thanks Eric, I ordered some but they might not be here in time, Let me know what you want for them and when I pick them up I will drop some cash off.
I am telling a few other guys about this and should be a good time. I figure with the info I am getting on the net about making my pw faster I might be able to keep up.

07-23-2003, 03:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Yost:
John and Chris,
I think we have 2 sets. I will go by the shop when I get off work then let you know. My wife is coming to Tulsa Thursday and I plan on sending a few sets of tires up there with her. She will take them to Troy's house and if you guys want you can go to his house and pick them up. This way you can have a shop put them on for you. Beleive it or not they are very hard to put on without popping a tube.

Later, ERic</div></div>how much are you wanting for the tires?
my funds are very tight right now (recently unemployed) so i might not be able to swing the tires.
let me know.
thanks,
john

Jiveturky
07-23-2003, 04:46 PM
John and Chris,

All I want for the tires is for you to get them put on and show up. These tires are the ones that all of us here in Duncan took off once we upgraded to the scooter racing tires. They are still in good shape. I just went through my stash and if a 2.75 X 10 will fit on the back of a PW then we have 4 full sets. See we put a 2.5 X 10 on front and a 2.75 X 10 on back. They fit very well on an XR but I have never seen anyone put them on a PW. Let's say that the 2.75's don't work, then don't worry you can just use two fronts. John since you asked first I have a perfect set for you, they are both 2.5 X 10's and one of them has never been mounted, put it on front.

Chris,
Hopefully the 2.75's will work on back on your PW. If so I want you to take all three sets and give the other sets to your buddies that might come. Even if they don't come they can take them and you will have someone to do some parking lot racing with. If they don't work just take two fronts and mount them up because that is the same size you have now. Also remember that the 2.75's will work on the front and the back of an XR.

Alright, Troy should have the tires sometime late Thursday evening so call him and get directions to his house.

Later, Eric

07-23-2003, 06:12 PM
eric,

thanks a bunch!
i will get them sometime friday and tear them up on saturday!!!

Jiveturky
07-23-2003, 06:23 PM
No problem.. I am looking forward to having some fun.

Later, Eric

troysturtz
07-23-2003, 09:36 PM
You guys can give me a call and I will give you directions to my house. My daytime # is 918-684-5441, Evening phone is 918-307-2561 or you can reach me on my cell 918-607-9025.
When I get the tires tommorow night (thurday) I will put them on my porch so you can pick them up friday during the day.

Troy

Jiveturky
07-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Just a reminder that several of us will be at the JRP track in Tulsa OK having a very good time on our pit bikes. Anyone is welcome to come and join us. We will have 4 XR 50's, 2 YSR's, and 2 PW 50's that have commited. There are several others from the area that have shown interest and may show. Either way it will be a good time so come on out.

Now for some trash talk!!! $20 bucks says I win it all!!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks, Eric