JesseJohnson
07-22-2003, 06:57 PM
http://www.rsxworld.com/gallery/data/3009/6155crashzukimpg.mpg

Barron Houston
07-22-2003, 08:24 PM
The ultimate squid?? :rolleyes:

anthony c smith
07-22-2003, 08:59 PM
That was funny Jess. I wonder what was going through his mind? Thanks for the laugh. Anthony.

SteveZX6R
07-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Barron you hit it on the nose , Squid!! I laugh everytime I see it, I hope he was ok, but it was still funny. Thanks Jess.

E. Templet
07-22-2003, 11:43 PM
You guys are gonna have to help me with this. I thought a squid was a guy the drove like a maniac on public roads. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

To me, the poor guy in the video was just trying to ride the bike. It was his friends that were at fault, they put to poor guy in a situation he could not handle. Nothing squiddly. Everybody is a beginner at one time or another.

SMILEYMAN
07-23-2003, 09:08 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Wouldn't be so funny if I hadn't done almost the same thing.
My best friends ex250, rev's up, disengage clutch.....and boom! curb!
And those same two words?! It's like deja vu all over again.
smiley

Barron Houston
07-23-2003, 09:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by E. Templet:
You guys are gonna have to help me with this. I thought a squid was a guy the drove like a maniac on public roads. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

To me, the poor guy in the video was just trying to ride the bike. It was his friends that were at fault, they put to poor guy in a situation he could not handle. Nothing squiddly. Everybody is a beginner at one time or another.</div></div>Being a beginner is fine...being a beginner with zero experience in tank top, shorts, and no helmet or gloves, is a squid.

Tom Thompson
07-23-2003, 03:39 PM
Chris, How did you hit the curb? That logo you have....the tiger....is it laughing at you? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

07-24-2003, 01:32 AM
Haha that was funny!
Reminds me of when i tought my buddy how to ride a few weeks ago he smaacked a parked honda civic with a xr100 and caused $900 in damage to the car didn't hurt the bike go figure but it was still damn funny!

SMILEYMAN
07-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Tom, the Tiger is as close as I could find to the Flying Tigers Logo! My mascot as I am usually flying off somewhere!
Believe it or not the curb was on the other side of the parking lot...I was strandling the bike, not sitting on it, and had the rev's to about 7, when my hand slipped off the clutch, not even knowing it was in gear! I rode it out, trying valiantly not to scratch my friends pride and joy.
And with the help of the curb, slowed and landed it with no damage. 'cept my pride...

Tom Thompson
07-24-2003, 08:54 AM
That's admirable, for sure...SAVE THE BIKE! Thanks for the reply!

E. Templet
07-24-2003, 09:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Barron Houston:
[QUOTE]Being a beginner is fine...being a beginner with zero experience in tank top, shorts, and no helmet or gloves, is a squid.</div></div>OK, so a beginner can be a squid. What determines a squid? Is it someone who doesn't choose to take the precautions you think they should? What is the criteria? I really am interested in this. I have never used the term "squid" and I'd really like to understand it.

So I ask the group, "What constitutes a squid?"

waytooslow
07-24-2003, 09:52 AM
"Official Squid Test" (http://www.bmpsystems.com/bikes/drm96/pages/zz11/rrr/squid/squid.htm)

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

SMILEYMAN
07-24-2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks Scott! Squid test was a riot!

Gene, I am sure the definition of squid changes with your regional perspective, so I can only give you the L.A. (Lower Arkansas)definition.
A squid is a street rider who gives off the air of being "skilled" but in reality has no business operating anything motorized. They usually pose, tell stories of their skill, and then attempt to validate it with stunts and/or dangerous riding.
I.E. the kid with the new F4i who tells me he does not like the feel of Dunlops because he can feel the front pushing, but can on Michelins. (never seen a race track nor had more than a year street riding eperience.)
Same kid also tells me of his over 100 MPH rain riding skills.

ysr612
07-24-2003, 11:32 AM
that is my poser. The way I see squid is if the guy goes out and tries to show you and wads it. If he does this with no gear that is extra squid points. As I see it someone that is riding over thier head on the street.

ps I think they have to at least be able to ride before they are a squid. imho

Barron Houston
07-24-2003, 04:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by E. Templet:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Barron Houston:
[QUOTE]Being a beginner is fine...being a beginner with zero experience in tank top, shorts, and no helmet or gloves, is a squid.</div></div>OK, so a beginner can be a squid. What determines a squid? Is it someone who doesn't choose to take the precautions you think they should? What is the criteria? I really am interested in this. I have never used the term "squid" and I'd really like to understand it.

So I ask the group, "What constitutes a squid?"</div></div>Is it really that important to you??

Tom Thompson
07-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Scott that test!! MAN that would be an all day test. FUNNY!

E. Templet
07-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Is it really that important to you??</div></div>Certainly it is that important to me. Knowledge is power. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

SMILEYMAN
07-25-2003, 03:27 PM
Just as a last note...sort of an exclamation...A young acquaintance of mine reach his limits on his showroom new '02 R-6. Only took about 3 weeks, broke both legs and other sundrie bits. Bike faired no better.
High learning curve with no run off to blame. There really should be some kind of education requirements or restrictions for new riders. Our insurance rates suffer for not having it...Smiley /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif