PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Track Bunnies

nee nee
07-24-2003, 03:09 PM
I have to hand it to these girls, they are quite the team. They've been working hard and getting better and better each race. Laura even got her first win in the sprints on Sunday....NICE JOB GIRL!! Keep it up, we'll see you at the next race.

Barb Prussiano
07-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Congrats to Laura on winning the sprint race. I watched the race and had to laugh when I said to some spectators, "That's a girl winning that race". At first they didn't believe me then they watched very closely the rest of the race and thought it was cool. Keep up the good work. It's good seeing more girls on the track and winning!!!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Barb

cedestech
07-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Damn that Laura!

I'm cutting off both my legs and one arm
so I weigh 105 pounds also!!!

See really is riding well.

I couldn't catch her.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Joseph Browning
07-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Really proud of those track bunnies- for sure. Laura Emily and Megan have all improved a LOT this year. Watching them at work is really neat- they all take their "job" very seriously when they are out there. This was their first year-next year they are going to be a force to contend with in the mini endurance series!

Laura is turning out to be quite the racer. She's uber-competitive which is not something most people would expect when they meet her shiny happy bubbly smile. Maybe that's her strategy- woo all the boys into complacency then RIP their heads off like a Praying Mantis! Good job girl!

Tom Thompson
07-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey Joe you would know! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I just think she's a sweetheart that is learning to got fast in the corners. I have raced against her and she always seems to be in control. I'm proud of her. Got get'em, girl.

ysr612
07-24-2003, 09:14 PM
http://home.swbell.net/gow/trackbunny.jpg

Daniel Browning
07-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Geezz she even has that grin when she is racing... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Chuck Ergle
07-24-2003, 10:02 PM
And she's cute as a bug too...

TXFZ1
07-24-2003, 10:23 PM
She had the confidence to get on the podium and she said she would while we corner worked at TWS. Glad to hear she did it! Congrats, Laura.

David

Joseph Browning
07-25-2003, 09:55 AM
great picture! Who took that?!?

Steve McNamara
07-25-2003, 10:07 AM
She's made me proud. I taught her CCS license class. :-)
Great job Laura!!
I always see her smile. I'm just glad I don't ride minis. I would hate to have her pass me !!!!!!

ysr612
07-25-2003, 06:31 PM
just cut it out of this one

whole picture (http://65.70.253.219/photo/cmra2003/19Julyhallet/pages/P7198493.htm)

Linz Leard
07-25-2003, 09:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chuck Ergle:
And she's cute as a bug too...</div></div>Nice try, Romeo! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Laura
07-29-2003, 08:13 PM
thanks for all the compliments everybody! this is kinda late, but i just found my password to reply to the post. i'm looking forward to playing some more at the next race for sure. the encouragement and support are very much appreciated. see y'all soon!

Brooks Gremmels
07-30-2003, 10:40 AM
Laura, please add me to your long list of fans.
The thread about turnover in the clubs was a recounting of the possible problems that lead people away from this sport. This thread is about the positive aspects of bringing more people into the tent.
The mini-motard program and the women racers who are turning out are an exciting developments!!
Next seaon Shogun is sponsoring a female endurance team. At this point, Barb Prusiano and Paige LaBella are riding the R 6. Those two will make the decision about the other riders.
You go girls!
Brooks