PDA

View Full Version : New Track????

Shane Adair
07-25-2003, 08:02 PM
I was flying into Phoenix on Thursday and noticed a new road course just south of Luke AFB. Does anyone know anything about it? It looks like alot of fun.(Not this time of heat-I mean year)
Shane Adair
760 AM

mnellis
07-25-2003, 10:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Shane Adair:
I was flying into Phoenix on Thursday and noticed a new road course just south of Luke AFB. Does anyone know anything about it? It looks like alot of fun.(Not this time of heat-I mean year)
Shane Adair
760 AM</div></div>Hey Shane,

I don't know anything about about the AFB but I was wondering why you were a no show at Hallet. Somehow it's just not the same when you're not administering the *** whooping? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

mnellis
07-25-2003, 10:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Shane Adair:
Shane Adair
760 AM</div></div>Hi Again Shane,

I came across this on another Message Board.

Last year the Arizona Motorsports Park invested over $6 million to develop a safe place to run cars and provide high performance driver education, right next to Luke Air Force Base.

It is a privately owned and financed track that is not open to the general public. Instead, only car clubs, classic car owners, motorcycle clubs, automobile companies and other car enthusiasts - people just like yourself - rent it for private use.

The Arizona Motorsports Park is a world-class facility that’s turned into a great addition for the West Valley. No more homes near Luke Air Force Base. And, people are coming from all over the West Valley and Arizona to use the facility, which means more spending at local stores, hotels and restaurants.

But some residents living over one mile from the site are now trying to shut us down because they can hear noise some days of the week. They have hired high-powered lawyers and are even asking for our permit to be revoked. In fact, Maricopa County has scheduled a hearing to consider doing just this on July 31st.

Let us first say this: we can address these issues. But we’re going to need your help too. So far, elected officials have only heard from these residents and lawyers.

They need to hear from you too. Soon. The hearing is only days away.

They need to hear that the Arizona Motorsports Park is important to you .. . and that they should support the facility.

Please take just a moment to email Maricopa County Supervisor Max Wilson today. Leave a message that you support the Arizona Motorsports Park. With your email we can make sure that you and our many users have the chance to enjoy this excellent addition to the West Valley for many years to come.

Email Maricopa County Supervisor Max Wilson Today -

mailto:mwwilson@mail.maricopa.gov

On behalf of ASRA and Arizona Motorsports Park, we thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,
ASRA

Shane Adair
07-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Hey Mike,
How was the racing? My family and I were in CA at a family reunion. We had a great time but I'm ready to get back to the track.
Thanks for the info on the Arizona track. It looks like a great place.
I'll see you at TWS in Sept. Take care!
Shane Adair
760 AM