PDA

View Full Version : Oak Hill Status?

Bryan West
09-29-2002, 09:20 PM
whats up with oak hill? is it ready to ride? if not does anyone know when it will be?
-bryan

Bryan West
09-29-2002, 09:20 PM
whats up with oak hill? is it ready to ride? if not does anyone know when it will be?
-bryan

Brooks Gremmels
09-30-2002, 10:39 AM
We still have another round of work to complete before the track is ready to be raced on but this doesn't mean that you can't ride on it in the interium.
Basically, the contractor will return again to cut the damaged portions out and lay new material in the space. Then when it is covered with Rhyno, the butt joint between the new and old surfaces will be sealed. Once the surface is repaired, the track will be closed for a couple of weeks.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
09-30-2002, 10:39 AM
We still have another round of work to complete before the track is ready to be raced on but this doesn't mean that you can't ride on it in the interium.
Basically, the contractor will return again to cut the damaged portions out and lay new material in the space. Then when it is covered with Rhyno, the butt joint between the new and old surfaces will be sealed. Once the surface is repaired, the track will be closed for a couple of weeks.
Brooks

marcus mcbain
09-30-2002, 11:35 AM
Would like to practice there on Saturday. Do we need to call Daryl or just show up? Does anyone have Daryl's #?

Thanks,
Marcus

marcus mcbain
09-30-2002, 11:35 AM
Would like to practice there on Saturday. Do we need to call Daryl or just show up? Does anyone have Daryl's #?

Thanks,
Marcus

Eric Kelcher
09-30-2002, 11:40 AM
(903)836-4557

Eric Kelcher
09-30-2002, 11:40 AM
(903)836-4557

Bryan West
09-30-2002, 05:39 PM
has anyone worked on the track at all yet or truns 2 & 8 or what?
-bryan

Bryan West
09-30-2002, 05:39 PM
has anyone worked on the track at all yet or truns 2 & 8 or what?
-bryan

shanes moto
09-30-2002, 07:58 PM
we had about 7 or 8 guys out there this past weekend. turns two and eight are terrible. don't even carry a stop watch it will do you no good. but if you are just itching to ride, it will be sort of like a scratch.

shane thorn
action motor sports

shanes moto
09-30-2002, 07:58 PM
we had about 7 or 8 guys out there this past weekend. turns two and eight are terrible. don't even carry a stop watch it will do you no good. but if you are just itching to ride, it will be sort of like a scratch.

shane thorn
action motor sports

shanes moto
09-30-2002, 08:00 PM
brooks,
by the way the rhyno hyde worked really well in turn one. that stuff grips like you wouldn't believe.
shane

shanes moto
09-30-2002, 08:00 PM
brooks,
by the way the rhyno hyde worked really well in turn one. that stuff grips like you wouldn't believe.
shane

marcus mcbain
09-30-2002, 08:26 PM
Hey Shane,

Was it worse than the last Oak Hill race?

Marcus

marcus mcbain
09-30-2002, 08:26 PM
Hey Shane,

Was it worse than the last Oak Hill race?

Marcus

Brad Thomas
10-01-2002, 11:13 AM
SHANE,
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TRADEMARK? THIS CAN'T BE SHANE, SOMEONE IS USING HIS LOGIN.
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Brad Thomas
10-01-2002, 11:13 AM
SHANE,
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TRADEMARK? THIS CAN'T BE SHANE, SOMEONE IS USING HIS LOGIN.
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

shanes moto
10-01-2002, 12:24 PM
MARCUS,
I DON'T KNOW I DIDN'T RACE AT THE LAST RACE, BUT ITS WORSE THAN I'VE EVER SEEN IT. THOSE BUMPS AND RIPPLES AND HOLES JUST NEVER DID BOTHER ME. BUT NOW IT FEELS LIKE THE GROUND UNDER YOU SLIDES, JUST LIKE RIDING ON GRAVEL.
BRAD,
IT IS ME, AND WHAT TRADEMARK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT? I'LL BE GLAD TO GET BACK UP TO SPEED SO I CAN SHOW YOU SOMETHINGS. MAN THIS RIDE 3 TIMES A YEAR AND SIT OUT A YEAR IS FOR THE BIRDS. I JUST NEED TI WIN THE LOTTO. BTW HAS THERE EVER BEEN A MOTORCYCLE RACER WIN THE LOTTO?

SHANE THORN
ACTION MOTOR SPORTS

shanes moto
10-01-2002, 12:24 PM
MARCUS,
I DON'T KNOW I DIDN'T RACE AT THE LAST RACE, BUT ITS WORSE THAN I'VE EVER SEEN IT. THOSE BUMPS AND RIPPLES AND HOLES JUST NEVER DID BOTHER ME. BUT NOW IT FEELS LIKE THE GROUND UNDER YOU SLIDES, JUST LIKE RIDING ON GRAVEL.
BRAD,
IT IS ME, AND WHAT TRADEMARK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT? I'LL BE GLAD TO GET BACK UP TO SPEED SO I CAN SHOW YOU SOMETHINGS. MAN THIS RIDE 3 TIMES A YEAR AND SIT OUT A YEAR IS FOR THE BIRDS. I JUST NEED TI WIN THE LOTTO. BTW HAS THERE EVER BEEN A MOTORCYCLE RACER WIN THE LOTTO?

SHANE THORN
ACTION MOTOR SPORTS

Brad Thomas
10-01-2002, 12:38 PM
It was SARCASM my friend, just sarcasm. I like the new lower case look, it was just a shock when I first saw your post. I thought your keyboard was missing the Caps unlock key. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Brad Thomas
10-01-2002, 12:38 PM
It was SARCASM my friend, just sarcasm. I like the new lower case look, it was just a shock when I first saw your post. I thought your keyboard was missing the Caps unlock key. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

x1glider
10-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Having worked turn 8 the last race, it was blatanly obvious that the turn needed to be ripped up completely and repoured. How the contractor couldn't see that, I don't know. It just goes to show that you get what you pay for in workmanship and intelligence. Better to prevent the disease that try and cure the symptom. I'm not alone when I say I'm disappointed in the effort.

x1glider
10-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Having worked turn 8 the last race, it was blatanly obvious that the turn needed to be ripped up completely and repoured. How the contractor couldn't see that, I don't know. It just goes to show that you get what you pay for in workmanship and intelligence. Better to prevent the disease that try and cure the symptom. I'm not alone when I say I'm disappointed in the effort.

Brooks Gremmels
10-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Bob, I'll agree with you about the concept of getting what you pay for. The cost to only SEAL the Cresson track was almost 4X the amount that was spent on the OHR paving. Have you raced at Oak Hill? The improvements to turn one are striking. This extreamly fast turn was downright dangerous before the recent work. From Shane's report it sounds like both the repaving and the Rhino Hyde are holding up well. We have already reported that the contractor will return to cut out the offending portions of the repavement at no additional cost. Once it is sealed there is now no reason to think that we won't be able to continue using OHR.
We continue to make every reasonable effort to preserve this venerable race track. The physical labor comes from CMRA volunteers and the money comes from donations and tire fees. Our next event is scheduled there five months from now.I am not quite sure what all of the hand ringing is about.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
10-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Bob, I'll agree with you about the concept of getting what you pay for. The cost to only SEAL the Cresson track was almost 4X the amount that was spent on the OHR paving. Have you raced at Oak Hill? The improvements to turn one are striking. This extreamly fast turn was downright dangerous before the recent work. From Shane's report it sounds like both the repaving and the Rhino Hyde are holding up well. We have already reported that the contractor will return to cut out the offending portions of the repavement at no additional cost. Once it is sealed there is now no reason to think that we won't be able to continue using OHR.
We continue to make every reasonable effort to preserve this venerable race track. The physical labor comes from CMRA volunteers and the money comes from donations and tire fees. Our next event is scheduled there five months from now.I am not quite sure what all of the hand ringing is about.
Brooks

Blake
10-12-2002, 02:30 AM
Is laying new asphalt in cold weather a less than ideal situation?

Kinda like when the new asphalt was layed last winter at OHR?

Maybe we could ask the asphalt guy to lay the new stuff asap, while the weather is more conducive to optimum results?

Just wondering, I am certainly no expert on the asphalt issue.

I thought the asphalt was supposed to be repaired months ago? Did the contractor actually believe that a shoddy patch job was all that was required? Are we (CMRA) in charge of the track repair, or is the OHR management?

I don't mean to be pushy, but I am fearing that this situation is dragging on into the cold months and that come Feb and March we may not have a proper surface and come July the whole scenario will repeat itself.

Anything I can do to help, please let me know. Sorry I missed you during your last visit.

Blake

Blake
10-12-2002, 02:30 AM
Is laying new asphalt in cold weather a less than ideal situation?

Kinda like when the new asphalt was layed last winter at OHR?

Maybe we could ask the asphalt guy to lay the new stuff asap, while the weather is more conducive to optimum results?

Just wondering, I am certainly no expert on the asphalt issue.

I thought the asphalt was supposed to be repaired months ago? Did the contractor actually believe that a shoddy patch job was all that was required? Are we (CMRA) in charge of the track repair, or is the OHR management?

I don't mean to be pushy, but I am fearing that this situation is dragging on into the cold months and that come Feb and March we may not have a proper surface and come July the whole scenario will repeat itself.

Anything I can do to help, please let me know. Sorry I missed you during your last visit.

Blake

Blake
10-12-2002, 02:33 AM
I think the next OHR event is only four months away... the school and practice weekend in February. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Blake
10-12-2002, 02:33 AM
I think the next OHR event is only four months away... the school and practice weekend in February. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Blake
10-15-2002, 01:35 AM
ttt

Blake
10-15-2002, 01:35 AM
ttt

Brooks Gremmels
10-15-2002, 08:47 AM
The surface was repaved on an 80 degree day. This issue has been discussed ad nausium. Please just go back and read the previous posts on this subject. No one is putting this issue on the back burned. Least of all those doing all of the work on this project.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
10-15-2002, 08:47 AM
The surface was repaved on an 80 degree day. This issue has been discussed ad nausium. Please just go back and read the previous posts on this subject. No one is putting this issue on the back burned. Least of all those doing all of the work on this project.
Brooks

Blake
10-16-2002, 01:01 AM
Brooks,
I've been following this issue since it arose this past Spring. I don't recall seeing answers to any of the questions I posed. The old forum is gone now is it not? No way for me to review?

So who is ultimately responsible for the repair/paving, OHR or CMRA?

And again, if you need any help, please let me know.

Blake
spamproof@att.net

Blake
10-16-2002, 01:01 AM
Brooks,
I've been following this issue since it arose this past Spring. I don't recall seeing answers to any of the questions I posed. The old forum is gone now is it not? No way for me to review?

So who is ultimately responsible for the repair/paving, OHR or CMRA?

And again, if you need any help, please let me know.

Blake
spamproof@att.net

Brooks Gremmels
10-16-2002, 09:45 AM
Blake, I apologize if I came off as being frustrated with having to repeat these answers another time. I believe that you will find every single issue addressed on the preceeding page.
When we go back to spread the Rhyno, I'll be happy to contact you.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
10-16-2002, 09:45 AM
Blake, I apologize if I came off as being frustrated with having to repeat these answers another time. I believe that you will find every single issue addressed on the preceeding page.
When we go back to spread the Rhyno, I'll be happy to contact you.
Brooks