PDA

View Full Version : Is Colin Comin' ???

Apexluv
09-30-2002, 10:10 AM
Well, here we are again with at least one race left in the season and Colin Edwards II a World Superbike Champion. Last time this happened we were treated with a vist to Oak Hill by Colin in September 2000. It was the weekend I took riders school and I got his autograph on my Riders School Handbook. Does anyone know if he is coming to Cresson?
Also, I cannot remember anyone winning a championship and returning to the same series with a different manufacturer. Does the #1 plate goto a Ducati (if that is what he rides next year). Apexluv #745

Apexluv
09-30-2002, 10:10 AM
Well, here we are again with at least one race left in the season and Colin Edwards II a World Superbike Champion. Last time this happened we were treated with a vist to Oak Hill by Colin in September 2000. It was the weekend I took riders school and I got his autograph on my Riders School Handbook. Does anyone know if he is coming to Cresson?
Also, I cannot remember anyone winning a championship and returning to the same series with a different manufacturer. Does the #1 plate goto a Ducati (if that is what he rides next year). Apexluv #745

Jeff Grant
09-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Dunno where he's going to be visiting this year, but either way, he's taking that #1 plate with him... Honda or Ducati or whatever. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Jeff Grant
09-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Dunno where he's going to be visiting this year, but either way, he's taking that #1 plate with him... Honda or Ducati or whatever. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

SMILEYMAN
09-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Best I can remember the Number 1 plate goes with the rider. I don't remember ever seeing it in world superbike but I think I remember it happenning in the AMA. Wouldn't that smoke Honda's cigar?
Hope Colin does show up at Cresson! I would love to help the CMRA congratulate him in person.
Smileyman

SMILEYMAN
09-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Best I can remember the Number 1 plate goes with the rider. I don't remember ever seeing it in world superbike but I think I remember it happenning in the AMA. Wouldn't that smoke Honda's cigar?
Hope Colin does show up at Cresson! I would love to help the CMRA congratulate him in person.
Smileyman

racer550
09-30-2002, 11:48 AM
Actually, this happened back in the 90's, in reverse, with Honda taking the #1 plate from Ducati (or do I have that backwards?) when Foggy took the plate with him for his one year stint with Castrol Honda. (either that, or he won in his Honda year, and took it with him to Duc, like Colin looks to do). I will look this up....
more to come!

GOOD ON YA, COLIN!!!!

racer550
09-30-2002, 11:48 AM
Actually, this happened back in the 90's, in reverse, with Honda taking the #1 plate from Ducati (or do I have that backwards?) when Foggy took the plate with him for his one year stint with Castrol Honda. (either that, or he won in his Honda year, and took it with him to Duc, like Colin looks to do). I will look this up....
more to come!

GOOD ON YA, COLIN!!!!

raysmith
09-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Just imagine Colin Edwards on Troy Bayliss' bike. He'll be riding the #1 Infostrada Ducati bike. Bayliss will being riding for Ducati in GP

raysmith
09-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Just imagine Colin Edwards on Troy Bayliss' bike. He'll be riding the #1 Infostrada Ducati bike. Bayliss will being riding for Ducati in GP

Ty Howard
09-30-2002, 09:48 PM
Ben Bostrom won the AMA superbike title in 98 for Honda and they released him. Replaced by his brother. Ben took the #1 plate to Vance and Hines Ducati in 99.

Ty Howard
09-30-2002, 09:48 PM
Ben Bostrom won the AMA superbike title in 98 for Honda and they released him. Replaced by his brother. Ben took the #1 plate to Vance and Hines Ducati in 99.

David Branyon
09-30-2002, 09:50 PM
Yeah, but back to the original... will Colin possibly show at Cresson? While that would be so cool (I missed the Oak Hill round he showed up at), I doubt he has any connection with Cresson since he never raced there. But maybe, just maybe...

Someone in/near Conroe, how 'bout a drive-by invitation? ;-)

David Branyon
09-30-2002, 09:50 PM
Yeah, but back to the original... will Colin possibly show at Cresson? While that would be so cool (I missed the Oak Hill round he showed up at), I doubt he has any connection with Cresson since he never raced there. But maybe, just maybe...

Someone in/near Conroe, how 'bout a drive-by invitation? ;-)

Apexluv
10-01-2002, 08:15 AM
Well actually I live about 35 miles from Colin's house, but I think there are people in the CMRA who know him, and will call to give a "shout out" from us. They will most likely mention the upcoming race.

Apexluv
10-01-2002, 08:15 AM
Well actually I live about 35 miles from Colin's house, but I think there are people in the CMRA who know him, and will call to give a "shout out" from us. They will most likely mention the upcoming race.