PDA

View Full Version : Corner Working AKA Those Who Will Be Wearing Yellow Shirts Next Year

McMahan
10-01-2002, 01:33 PM
According to our records, the following people have not done EVEN one day corner working.
If your name appears on one of these lists and you think there is an error, call 830-557-6301 or email bcmcmahan@prodigy.net with the date and name (if someone worked for you)and I will try to get things staightened out for you.

Claire

BLANKENSHIP, DANIEL
BRADEEN, GORDON
BROWN, NATHAN A.
BROWNING, DANIEL
BUISH, FREDRICK
CHEEK, BARRON
CHURCHHILL, MARK
COCKLIN, RYON
CONNOLLY, JAMES
COOPER, CORY (Signed up for MSR)
CORNELL, DUSTIN
DURHAM, CLAYTON,
EDWARDS, MICHAEL
ERZAL, BILL
EVENS, CHRIS
FULLER, TROY
GATHRIGHT, THOMAS
GRIFFIN, STUART
HUCKABY, BRENT
HUERTA, SAMUEL
KIMBALL, JAMES
KINCHEN, DANIEL
KRUMREY, BILL
KRZESZKIEWICZ, ROBERT
KUBICEK, MICHAEL
LAMPERT, JON KENN
LEWIS, RICHARD A
LOWTHORP. JOSH
MANNING, DAVID
MCCASKILL, MARK
MCDOWELL, CLAYTON
MITCHELL, IAN (Signed up for MSR)
NEWELL, EDDIE
NGUYEN, SON
PARKER, IAN
PLUNKETT, JEFFREY
PULLEY, CHRIS
RANDALL, ANTONIO
RAYMAN, CASEY
RISINS, DAVID
RUCKERT, JOHN B
SAQR, SAM
SCHERER, ADAM
SESSIONS, PAUL
SIGMAN, JEFF
SILVIO, JAMES
SKAGGS, TRAVIS
SLUDER, CHRIS
SMALL, LANCE
SMALL NEIL
SMITH, JONOTHAN
SMITHWICK, JIMMY
SMITS, JAN
STREZO, PETER
TITCOCK, TONY
UCEDA, LUIS
UNDERWOOD, BILL (Signed up for MSR)
VENESS, LEE
WEEKS, MYSTIE
WEST, BRYAN
WESTBY, DANE
WHITT, STEVEN
WILSON, DAVID
WRIGHT, MICHAEL
WYATT, BRYANT
YEN, GREGORY

The following have completed one day, but still have one more day to go:

ABERNATHY, JOHN
BROOKS, JEFF
DJURKOVIC, ROD
DROUHARD, REID
ENTRIKIN, JAMES (Signed up for MSR)
MILES, CHAD
MORAN, JAMES
MURLEY, TAD
SALISBURY, GORDON
SMITH RAY
STRONG, CARR
VANDEN, CHRIS
WIATREK, JAMES
YORK, CHARLES

McMahan
10-01-2002, 01:33 PM
According to our records, the following people have not done EVEN one day corner working.
If your name appears on one of these lists and you think there is an error, call 830-557-6301 or email bcmcmahan@prodigy.net with the date and name (if someone worked for you)and I will try to get things staightened out for you.

Claire

BLANKENSHIP, DANIEL
BRADEEN, GORDON
BROWN, NATHAN A.
BROWNING, DANIEL
BUISH, FREDRICK
CHEEK, BARRON
CHURCHHILL, MARK
COCKLIN, RYON
CONNOLLY, JAMES
COOPER, CORY (Signed up for MSR)
CORNELL, DUSTIN
DURHAM, CLAYTON,
EDWARDS, MICHAEL
ERZAL, BILL
EVENS, CHRIS
FULLER, TROY
GATHRIGHT, THOMAS
GRIFFIN, STUART
HUCKABY, BRENT
HUERTA, SAMUEL
KIMBALL, JAMES
KINCHEN, DANIEL
KRUMREY, BILL
KRZESZKIEWICZ, ROBERT
KUBICEK, MICHAEL
LAMPERT, JON KENN
LEWIS, RICHARD A
LOWTHORP. JOSH
MANNING, DAVID
MCCASKILL, MARK
MCDOWELL, CLAYTON
MITCHELL, IAN (Signed up for MSR)
NEWELL, EDDIE
NGUYEN, SON
PARKER, IAN
PLUNKETT, JEFFREY
PULLEY, CHRIS
RANDALL, ANTONIO
RAYMAN, CASEY
RISINS, DAVID
RUCKERT, JOHN B
SAQR, SAM
SCHERER, ADAM
SESSIONS, PAUL
SIGMAN, JEFF
SILVIO, JAMES
SKAGGS, TRAVIS
SLUDER, CHRIS
SMALL, LANCE
SMALL NEIL
SMITH, JONOTHAN
SMITHWICK, JIMMY
SMITS, JAN
STREZO, PETER
TITCOCK, TONY
UCEDA, LUIS
UNDERWOOD, BILL (Signed up for MSR)
VENESS, LEE
WEEKS, MYSTIE
WEST, BRYAN
WESTBY, DANE
WHITT, STEVEN
WILSON, DAVID
WRIGHT, MICHAEL
WYATT, BRYANT
YEN, GREGORY

The following have completed one day, but still have one more day to go:

ABERNATHY, JOHN
BROOKS, JEFF
DJURKOVIC, ROD
DROUHARD, REID
ENTRIKIN, JAMES (Signed up for MSR)
MILES, CHAD
MORAN, JAMES
MURLEY, TAD
SALISBURY, GORDON
SMITH RAY
STRONG, CARR
VANDEN, CHRIS
WIATREK, JAMES
YORK, CHARLES

x1glider
10-01-2002, 02:10 PM
I worked my requisite days on July 7 (turn 8) at OHR and August 11 (turn 2) at TWS. Nevetheless, I'd wear the yellow shirt anyway.
x1glider
Robert Krzeszkiewicz
comp#433

x1glider
10-01-2002, 02:10 PM
I worked my requisite days on July 7 (turn 8) at OHR and August 11 (turn 2) at TWS. Nevetheless, I'd wear the yellow shirt anyway.
x1glider
Robert Krzeszkiewicz
comp#433

McMahan
10-01-2002, 02:56 PM
I have you down for both of those days, but my records show that you were paid. I will check with Connie and see what her records show.

Claire

McMahan
10-01-2002, 02:56 PM
I have you down for both of those days, but my records show that you were paid. I will check with Connie and see what her records show.

Claire

x1glider
10-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Yes, I was paid. Was I not supposed to be for it to count towards my required work?

x1glider
10-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Yes, I was paid. Was I not supposed to be for it to count towards my required work?

raysmith
10-01-2002, 07:45 PM
If you are paid, it doesnt count towards getting rid of the yellow shirt... lol

I have one more day to work to lose mine... hmmmm

raysmith
10-01-2002, 07:45 PM
If you are paid, it doesnt count towards getting rid of the yellow shirt... lol

I have one more day to work to lose mine... hmmmm

x1glider
10-01-2002, 09:42 PM
Maybe I can give the CMRA a refund. Aaarrrrggghhh!!! Oh well, doesn't matter anymore since I'm moving soon.

x1glider
10-01-2002, 09:42 PM
Maybe I can give the CMRA a refund. Aaarrrrggghhh!!! Oh well, doesn't matter anymore since I'm moving soon.

Jesse Davis
10-02-2002, 12:46 AM
that one guys last name is titcock.

Jesse Davis
10-02-2002, 12:46 AM
that one guys last name is titcock.

Jonny 748
10-02-2002, 02:31 AM
I think he made that up.
Ban him.

Jonny 748
10-02-2002, 02:31 AM
I think he made that up.
Ban him.

McMahan
10-03-2002, 08:20 AM
Tech will have a list of bike numbers for ALL Pro Am's that have not completed their requirements and you will be checked at pit out to make sure you are wearing your yellow shirts.

Claire

McMahan
10-03-2002, 08:20 AM
Tech will have a list of bike numbers for ALL Pro Am's that have not completed their requirements and you will be checked at pit out to make sure you are wearing your yellow shirts.

Claire

Brooks Gremmels
10-03-2002, 09:30 AM
On this subject, with the long list of new racers who have not satisfied the corner working requirements, it is just wrong that Barry and Claire had to beg for corner working help at our last TWS race. The Club had to pay people to do the job that every other member has done in the past. The CMRA depends on volunteers who contribue their time so that we can go racing. If your name is on the list above you are not doing your share to help.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
10-03-2002, 09:30 AM
On this subject, with the long list of new racers who have not satisfied the corner working requirements, it is just wrong that Barry and Claire had to beg for corner working help at our last TWS race. The Club had to pay people to do the job that every other member has done in the past. The CMRA depends on volunteers who contribue their time so that we can go racing. If your name is on the list above you are not doing your share to help.
Brooks

Wade@LoneStar
10-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Brooks,
I recognize a lot of the names on that list as LSTD riders who most likely received their license at one of our events. We at LSTD will make a point to encourage all of our riders to volunteer a corner working day, especially those who took their license from us.
Wade

Wade@LoneStar
10-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Brooks,
I recognize a lot of the names on that list as LSTD riders who most likely received their license at one of our events. We at LSTD will make a point to encourage all of our riders to volunteer a corner working day, especially those who took their license from us.
Wade

Brooks Gremmels
10-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Wade, thanks for bringing this up. I had just begun to think about this possibility. We need on the Club's end to develop a better proceedure for processing the LSTD students into our program. This oversight wouldn't be their fault if we have not been making the standard obligations clear to them.
I'd like to say that the CMRA's relationship with Lone Star Track Days, has been a win-win situation for both groups.It is terrific to be able to offer track day participants the opportunity to line up on a grid and feel the excitement.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
10-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Wade, thanks for bringing this up. I had just begun to think about this possibility. We need on the Club's end to develop a better proceedure for processing the LSTD students into our program. This oversight wouldn't be their fault if we have not been making the standard obligations clear to them.
I'd like to say that the CMRA's relationship with Lone Star Track Days, has been a win-win situation for both groups.It is terrific to be able to offer track day participants the opportunity to line up on a grid and feel the excitement.
Brooks

G-Man
10-03-2002, 03:48 PM
Barry/Claire/Brooks,

I corner worked one day (3/30) and had an individual corner work for me one day (Mike Case on 3/31 and no, you did not pay him).

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have anyquestions.

Thanks.

G-Man
10-03-2002, 03:48 PM
Barry/Claire/Brooks,

I corner worked one day (3/30) and had an individual corner work for me one day (Mike Case on 3/31 and no, you did not pay him).

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have anyquestions.

Thanks.

Brad Thomas
10-03-2002, 04:00 PM
Whoa, wait a minute here. Since when has LSTD been issuing a CCS license? Cornering working is not voluntary it's MANDATORY prior to receiving a license. Has something changed?
My concern is there are a few on this list who are endurance racing without yellow shirts.
I'm all for encouraging and expanding efforts for furture members but they should not be on the track without their shirts.

Brad Thomas
10-03-2002, 04:00 PM
Whoa, wait a minute here. Since when has LSTD been issuing a CCS license? Cornering working is not voluntary it's MANDATORY prior to receiving a license. Has something changed?
My concern is there are a few on this list who are endurance racing without yellow shirts.
I'm all for encouraging and expanding efforts for furture members but they should not be on the track without their shirts.

McMahan
10-03-2002, 04:23 PM
Gordon,
We got you straightened out.

If anyone sees any of the people listed out on the track without their yellow shirts, please tell a tech person, grid marshall or BOD member. That is the only way we can make this fair for all.

Claire

McMahan
10-03-2002, 04:23 PM
Gordon,
We got you straightened out.

If anyone sees any of the people listed out on the track without their yellow shirts, please tell a tech person, grid marshall or BOD member. That is the only way we can make this fair for all.

Claire

Steve McNamara
10-03-2002, 04:47 PM
Brad,
We have been issuing CCS racing licenses through our program/school since May of this year.
In our school our students get 6-7, 20 minute riding sessions, plus a 4 lap mock race at the end of the day. Scott Dennis, former CMRA President is our CCS school instructor. I fill in in his absences.
We have been taking the money we recieve from the student's school fees and donating it to the CMRA.
It has been very successful for the club, and our students have been quickly up to speed.
For more info check out our website.

Brooks,
We will make an extra effort to reinforce the rules about manditory corner working, and how important it is for the club. I personally could not wait to get off that yellow shirt. I would have assumed the same for others as well.

Steve McNamara
10-03-2002, 04:47 PM
Brad,
We have been issuing CCS racing licenses through our program/school since May of this year.
In our school our students get 6-7, 20 minute riding sessions, plus a 4 lap mock race at the end of the day. Scott Dennis, former CMRA President is our CCS school instructor. I fill in in his absences.
We have been taking the money we recieve from the student's school fees and donating it to the CMRA.
It has been very successful for the club, and our students have been quickly up to speed.
For more info check out our website.

Brooks,
We will make an extra effort to reinforce the rules about manditory corner working, and how important it is for the club. I personally could not wait to get off that yellow shirt. I would have assumed the same for others as well.

Brad Thomas
10-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Hey Macman,
I knew LSTD was offering riders school, but a temporary license should be the only type of license issued.

New riders should not be receiving a CCS license until their corner working requirements have been completed and their temporary license signed off on.

What happened to our (CMRA's) procedures for this?

A new racer was issued a paper license that required signatures verifying you had completed your corner working duties. Then and only then were you able to get a CCS license.

IMHO this needs to be taken care of ASAP!

Brad Thomas
10-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Hey Macman,
I knew LSTD was offering riders school, but a temporary license should be the only type of license issued.

New riders should not be receiving a CCS license until their corner working requirements have been completed and their temporary license signed off on.

What happened to our (CMRA's) procedures for this?

A new racer was issued a paper license that required signatures verifying you had completed your corner working duties. Then and only then were you able to get a CCS license.

IMHO this needs to be taken care of ASAP!

Eric Kelcher
10-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Brad you are correct and that is actually what has been happening.
At the LSTD school they recieve instruction that upon succesful completion they are then able to APPLY for a license with CMRA/CCS.

Eric Kelcher
10-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Brad you are correct and that is actually what has been happening.
At the LSTD school they recieve instruction that upon succesful completion they are then able to APPLY for a license with CMRA/CCS.

Keith Hertell
10-04-2002, 02:05 AM
Yep Brad, still the same. You can un-bunge the undies now. hahahaha

I just think that the youth of today want something for nothing.

Keith Hertell
10-04-2002, 02:05 AM
Yep Brad, still the same. You can un-bunge the undies now. hahahaha

I just think that the youth of today want something for nothing.

John Orchard
10-04-2002, 09:06 AM
Maybe the process has improved, but when I completed my rider's school with the CMRA last summer, I had my CCS license in hand before I was able to complete my second corner working day the next available race weekend.

(Don't worry, I did my second day anyway! :-) )

John Orchard
10-04-2002, 09:06 AM
Maybe the process has improved, but when I completed my rider's school with the CMRA last summer, I had my CCS license in hand before I was able to complete my second corner working day the next available race weekend.

(Don't worry, I did my second day anyway! :-) )

Steve Breen
10-04-2002, 09:22 AM
cornerwork? you cornerworked??

Steve Breen
10-04-2002, 09:22 AM
cornerwork? you cornerworked??

McMahan
10-04-2002, 09:23 AM
We have plugged that hole and it will not happen in the future.

Claire

McMahan
10-04-2002, 09:23 AM
We have plugged that hole and it will not happen in the future.

Claire

Brad Thomas
10-04-2002, 10:20 AM
I'm not wearing any.

Brad Thomas
10-04-2002, 10:20 AM
I'm not wearing any.

Brad Thomas
10-04-2002, 10:56 AM
ROFLMAO

Brad Thomas
10-04-2002, 10:56 AM
ROFLMAO

Keith Hertell
10-04-2002, 10:57 AM
that's funny!!!

Keith Hertell
10-04-2002, 10:57 AM
that's funny!!!

R1y2k
09-25-2003, 08:49 AM
I dont see my name (Brian Fox) or David Brann on either list.

R1y2k
09-25-2003, 08:49 AM
I dont see my name (Brian Fox) or David Brann on either list.

Mike Wright
09-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Barry and Claire,

I sent you an email, but we seem to be going back in time here. I worked my corners during the 2002 season, turned in my prov nov licence and have never shown up on any lists this year, then all of a sudden I'm shown as needing to work corners, again? There are several others who were Prov nov's with me last year and I know they also did their corner days last year that are on the list as well.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Wright
09-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Barry and Claire,

I sent you an email, but we seem to be going back in time here. I worked my corners during the 2002 season, turned in my prov nov licence and have never shown up on any lists this year, then all of a sudden I'm shown as needing to work corners, again? There are several others who were Prov nov's with me last year and I know they also did their corner days last year that are on the list as well.

Thanks,
Mike

Steve McNamara
09-25-2003, 10:19 AM
I see names on this list that I have not seen wearing their yellow shirts. Are we sure all these names are correct?

I think there should be a time limit, or associated cost if they do not fulfil their corner working obligations in a timely manner. B.O.D. discussion??? If they don't feel the need to corner work, then they should pay someone in their place.

Steve McNamara
09-25-2003, 10:19 AM
I see names on this list that I have not seen wearing their yellow shirts. Are we sure all these names are correct?

I think there should be a time limit, or associated cost if they do not fulfil their corner working obligations in a timely manner. B.O.D. discussion??? If they don't feel the need to corner work, then they should pay someone in their place.

Nancy Selleck
09-25-2003, 10:40 AM
If you check the date on the original posting, you'll see that it was October, 2002...not 2003.

Someone grabbed a year old posting and brought it up to the top of the mboard.

There are a few names on the 2002 list which are still on the 2003 list almost 1 year later:

CORY COOPER
MICHAEL EDWARDS
JOHN RUCKERT
JAMES SILVIO
CHRIS SLUDER
LANCE SMALL
NEIL SMALL
JIMMY SMITHWICK
LUIS UCEDA
BRYAN WEST
DANE WESTBY
STEVE WHITT

They may have finished their requirements, but haven't turned in their signed Temporary Licenses yet.

Nancy Selleck
09-25-2003, 10:40 AM
If you check the date on the original posting, you'll see that it was October, 2002...not 2003.

Someone grabbed a year old posting and brought it up to the top of the mboard.

There are a few names on the 2002 list which are still on the 2003 list almost 1 year later:

CORY COOPER
MICHAEL EDWARDS
JOHN RUCKERT
JAMES SILVIO
CHRIS SLUDER
LANCE SMALL
NEIL SMALL
JIMMY SMITHWICK
LUIS UCEDA
BRYAN WEST
DANE WESTBY
STEVE WHITT

They may have finished their requirements, but haven't turned in their signed Temporary Licenses yet.

Steve McNamara
09-25-2003, 01:40 PM
OMG....
Guess I should look at the dates. My bad.......
Still one year later.....comon......

Steve McNamara
09-25-2003, 01:40 PM
OMG....
Guess I should look at the dates. My bad.......
Still one year later.....comon......