4/11-12 Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX

5/15-17 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, OK

6/13-14 Oak Hill Raceway, Henderson, TX

7/11-12 Motorsport Ranch, Cresson, TX

8/7-9 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, OK

9/5-6 Motorsport Ranch, Cresson, TX

9/26-27 Oak Hill Raceway, Henderson, TX

10/17-18 Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX

The specifics about what is happening on each weekend (i.e., endurance hours, etc.) will be announced later on after we've had a chance to put that info together.

There are a few new things we are planning for a couple of the race weekends and will announce that when they have been finalized.

Nancy Selleck
11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
The 2009 schedule has finally been confirmed today and here it is:

2/21-22 Oak Hill Raceway, Henderson, TX

3/14-15 Eagles Canyon Raceway, Decatur, TX

4/11-12 Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX

5/15-17 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, OK

6/13-14 Oak Hill Raceway, Henderson, TX

7/11-12 Motorsport Ranch, Cresson, TX

8/7-9 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, OK

9/5-6 Motorsport Ranch, Cresson, TX

9/26-27 Oak Hill Raceway, Henderson, TX

10/17-18 Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX

The specifics about what is happening on each weekend (i.e., endurance hours, etc.) will be announced later on after we've had a chance to put that info together.

There are a few new things we are planning for a couple of the race weekends and will announce that when they have been finalized.

Clint Shobert
11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
what happened to MSR Houston?

Clint Shobert
11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
what happened to MSR Houston?

Christopher Corder
11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
The CMRA will not be racing at MSR Houston in 2009. We hope to return some time in the near future.

Christopher Corder
11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
The CMRA will not be racing at MSR Houston in 2009. We hope to return some time in the near future.

Chris Randle
11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Sweet! Between Oak Hill and Hallett, I should be able to make at least half of the races!

Chris Randle
11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Sweet! Between Oak Hill and Hallett, I should be able to make at least half of the races!

Van Blaylock
11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
ehh... March through May and July through early Sept look fun!

Van Blaylock
11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
ehh... March through May and July through early Sept look fun!

James Keenan
11-14-2008, 05:54 PM
ya i'm glad we are going to ECR while its nice and warm since that track is great in the cold!! haha oh well /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

James Keenan
11-14-2008, 05:54 PM
ya i'm glad we are going to ECR while its nice and warm since that track is great in the cold!! haha oh well /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Danny Clark
11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Atleast Cresson was moved to a warmer time of the season.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Danny Clark
11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Atleast Cresson was moved to a warmer time of the season.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Christopher Corder
11-14-2008, 06:36 PM
it is a delicate balance:
cost
weather
logistics
relationship
holidays
availability
conflicts
all come into play.

Christopher Corder
11-14-2008, 06:36 PM
it is a delicate balance:
cost
weather
logistics
relationship
holidays
availability
conflicts
all come into play.

Danny Clark
11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriscorder325</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is a delicate balance:
cost
weather
logistics
relationship
holidays
availability
conflicts
all come into play. </div></div>

you guys did Good Chris! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Cory "aka Brett" is happy about the three Oak Hill events. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Danny Clark
11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriscorder325</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is a delicate balance:
cost
weather
logistics
relationship
holidays
availability
conflicts
all come into play. </div></div>

you guys did Good Chris! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Cory "aka Brett" is happy about the three Oak Hill events. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Van Blaylock
11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, these aren't "real" complaints... we just like to stand and point while drinking our beers;)

Van Blaylock
11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, these aren't "real" complaints... we just like to stand and point while drinking our beers;)

Christopher Corder
11-14-2008, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Van Blaylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, these aren't "real" complaints... we just like to stand and point while drinking our beers;) </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Christopher Corder
11-14-2008, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Van Blaylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, these aren't "real" complaints... we just like to stand and point while drinking our beers;) </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Danny Clark
11-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey Chris have you talked to Eric Falt about his BOD rules concerns? He wanted me to bring them up for him but I don't think I'm going to make it in time.

Danny Clark
11-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey Chris have you talked to Eric Falt about his BOD rules concerns? He wanted me to bring them up for him but I don't think I'm going to make it in time.

James Keenan
11-14-2008, 09:58 PM
no these aren't complaints just me thinking out loud.

but you might as well add to the list "james keenans list of conerns"

i mean those really matter haha

James Keenan
11-14-2008, 09:58 PM
no these aren't complaints just me thinking out loud.

but you might as well add to the list "james keenans list of conerns"

i mean those really matter haha

Clint Shobert
11-15-2008, 12:14 AM
i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks

Clint Shobert
11-15-2008, 12:14 AM
i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks

Matt Lincoln
11-15-2008, 12:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clint Shobert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks </div></div>

Have u even raced at oakhill?

Matt Lincoln
11-15-2008, 12:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clint Shobert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks </div></div>

Have u even raced at oakhill?

Christopher Corder
11-15-2008, 07:34 AM

lets try this one more time. Putting together a schedule is about finding the best balance of:

cost of rental
weather during the desired time of year
logistics for staff and racers
relationship with the track owner
holidays, avoiding them as best as possible
availability, is the track already booked
conflicts with AMA, Moto ST, etc.

THIS is the best balance we could find for 2009.

Christopher Corder
11-15-2008, 07:34 AM

lets try this one more time. Putting together a schedule is about finding the best balance of:

cost of rental
weather during the desired time of year
logistics for staff and racers
relationship with the track owner
holidays, avoiding them as best as possible
availability, is the track already booked
conflicts with AMA, Moto ST, etc.

THIS is the best balance we could find for 2009.

John Orchard
11-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Chris, thanks for taking the time to list many of the issues that are considered when organizing the schedule.

I KNOW it's a tough job, and there are improvements in this schedule over the 2008 schedule.

Even though Oak Hill was one of my best results weekends during 2008, it's disappointing to see us revert back to holding three events at our worst facility.

John Orchard
11-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Chris, thanks for taking the time to list many of the issues that are considered when organizing the schedule.

I KNOW it's a tough job, and there are improvements in this schedule over the 2008 schedule.

Even though Oak Hill was one of my best results weekends during 2008, it's disappointing to see us revert back to holding three events at our worst facility.

James Keenan
11-15-2008, 09:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clint Shobert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks </div></div>

Have u even raced at oakhill? </div></div>

i don't think you have to go there to know about it. not to mention.... i think clint knows a few people out there who have been there.

i personally did NOT want to go there, but didn't want to make huge comments without trying it once. i had a less then optimal performance - BUT i had fun like ecr. but i also left shaking my head how in a few places i know i slow way down for b/c of the risk vs the reward of some of the corners.

I'd say run hallett 3 times if anything. its cloesest to me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif haha

James Keenan
11-15-2008, 09:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clint Shobert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks </div></div>

i don't think you have to go there to know about it. not to mention.... i think clint knows a few people out there who have been there.

i personally did NOT want to go there, but didn't want to make huge comments without trying it once. i had a less then optimal performance - BUT i had fun like ecr. but i also left shaking my head how in a few places i know i slow way down for b/c of the risk vs the reward of some of the corners.

I'd say run hallett 3 times if anything. its cloesest to me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif haha

Danny Clark
11-15-2008, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I nearly ran over you there in Turn 2 last time.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James Keenan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i don't think you have to go there to know about it.

i personally did NOT want to go there, but didn't want to make huge comments without trying it once. </div></div>

I still know people that haven't raced Oak Hill because of all the rumors they heard about it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James Keenan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'd say run hallett 3 times if anything. its cloesest to me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif haha </div></div> Even though I would like that I am not sure everyone else would....

Danny Clark
11-15-2008, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I nearly ran over you there in Turn 2 last time.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James Keenan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i don't think you have to go there to know about it.

i personally did NOT want to go there, but didn't want to make huge comments without trying it once. </div></div>

I still know people that haven't raced Oak Hill because of all the rumors they heard about it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James Keenan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'd say run hallett 3 times if anything. its cloesest to me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif haha </div></div> Even though I would like that I am not sure everyone else would....

Buck Beasley
11-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Man, that sucks. Looks like more of the same old same old. Ya'll have a good year.

Buck Beasley
11-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Man, that sucks. Looks like more of the same old same old. Ya'll have a good year.

Matt Lincoln
11-15-2008, 10:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James Keenan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clint Shobert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks </div></div>

i personally did NOT want to go there, but didn't want to make huge comments without trying it once. i had a less then optimal performance - BUY i had fun like ecr. but i also left shaking my head how in a few places i know i slow way down for b/c of the risk vs the reward of some of the corners.

I'd say run hallett 3 times if anything. its cloesest to me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif haha </div></div>

If your scared go to church!

Matt Lincoln
11-15-2008, 10:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James Keenan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clint Shobert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks </div></div>

i personally did NOT want to go there, but didn't want to make huge comments without trying it once. i had a less then optimal performance - BUY i had fun like ecr. but i also left shaking my head how in a few places i know i slow way down for b/c of the risk vs the reward of some of the corners.

I'd say run hallett 3 times if anything. its cloesest to me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif haha </div></div>

If your scared go to church!

David Branyon
11-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanks for announcing this so early. Really helps on our scheduling end and I appreciate all the work the BOD did within a bunch of constraints!

And just to balance the whining, thanks for NOT having 3 Halletts for us southern types.

David Branyon
11-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanks for announcing this so early. Really helps on our scheduling end and I appreciate all the work the BOD did within a bunch of constraints!

And just to balance the whining, thanks for NOT having 3 Halletts for us southern types.

jhammy49
11-16-2008, 06:44 AM
I am already missing MRSH. It is a great track and I had a lot of fun that weekend even if it was a holiday. Going anywhere 3 times over going to a track like this is disappointing to me.

jhammy49
11-16-2008, 06:44 AM
I am already missing MRSH. It is a great track and I had a lot of fun that weekend even if it was a holiday. Going anywhere 3 times over going to a track like this is disappointing to me.

Christopher Corder
11-16-2008, 09:51 AM
For those of you not at the banquet, we have announced that the 2nd Oak Hill event will be a mini-fest of sorts with no "big bike" racing.

And John, I will just cut to the chase MSRH; it is prohibitively expensive to race there, especially in a time when entries (revenue) are flat. We hope to return to MSRH as soon a fiscally possible.

Christopher Corder
11-16-2008, 09:51 AM
For those of you not at the banquet, we have announced that the 2nd Oak Hill event will be a mini-fest of sorts with no "big bike" racing.

And John, I will just cut to the chase MSRH; it is prohibitively expensive to race there, especially in a time when entries (revenue) are flat. We hope to return to MSRH as soon a fiscally possible.

Buck Beasley
11-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Wow.........revenue is flat so cut out big bike sprints at OHR for one event? Brilliant, have the same staff/operational costs but only bring out the cheap entry fee minis? Maybe you should also make it a double points mini weekend to get a really big draw. Isn't the point of running OHR 3 times to build up the coffers? Lucky OHR costs next to nothing.

Buck Beasley
11-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Wow.........revenue is flat so cut out big bike sprints at OHR for one event? Brilliant, have the same staff/operational costs but only bring out the cheap entry fee minis? Maybe you should also make it a double points mini weekend to get a really big draw. Isn't the point of running OHR 3 times to build up the coffers? Lucky OHR costs next to nothing.

Christopher Corder
11-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback Buck. Let me clarify a few points:
Cutting one OHR event off the BB racing plan has nothing to do with "building coffers". Actually;
1. Our BB racers have requested less events at OHR.
2. Our mini events were MUCH more financially successful in 2008 than our big bike events (yes, the economy is driving HOW people race)
3. It gives BB endurance teams a very welcome break mid season to fix bikes and pocketbooks.
5. It shortens the season slightly for everybody thus saving them $$ in a VERY tough economy.
6. The CMRA will still have 10 events (revenue opportunities).
7. OHR is a great small bike track.
8. Mini's are fun.

Please, come out to the event and have a good time. There should be plenty of track time to be had and I am sure a mini team or two will be looking for a rider. I can think of nothing better than a cool spring morning with the smell of Castrol A747 drifting across a Texas pasture.

Christopher Corder
11-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback Buck. Let me clarify a few points:
Cutting one OHR event off the BB racing plan has nothing to do with "building coffers". Actually;
2. Our mini events were MUCH more financially successful in 2008 than our big bike events (yes, the economy is driving HOW people race)
3. It gives BB endurance teams a very welcome break mid season to fix bikes and pocketbooks.
5. It shortens the season slightly for everybody thus saving them $$ in a VERY tough economy.
8. Mini's are fun.

Please, come out to the event and have a good time. There should be plenty of track time to be had and I am sure a mini team or two will be looking for a rider. I can think of nothing better than a cool spring morning with the smell of Castrol A747 drifting across a Texas pasture.

Tom Anderson
11-16-2008, 12:09 PM
So Buck, if your track were on the schedule, would you race any other events other than that one?

Not a shot, a serious question. I don't recall seeing you at any other events other than at your track.

I'll offer up to have you endurance on our team if you would like to attend any of the venues we race at, then you can stay on Sunday and sprint.

Tom Anderson
11-16-2008, 12:09 PM
So Buck, if your track were on the schedule, would you race any other events other than that one?

Not a shot, a serious question. I don't recall seeing you at any other events other than at your track.

I'll offer up to have you endurance on our team if you would like to attend any of the venues we race at, then you can stay on Sunday and sprint.

Danny Clark
11-16-2008, 02:08 PM
What I disliked last year was the two races in July (Houston and Hallett)... That was a killer month on me financially and I was soooooo close to having to say I can't do it. I think I spent $600 in fuel alone just in that one month.

Danny Clark
11-16-2008, 02:08 PM
What I disliked last year was the two races in July (Houston and Hallett)... That was a killer month on me financially and I was soooooo close to having to say I can't do it. I think I spent $600 in fuel alone just in that one month.

James Keenan
11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James Keenan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clint Shobert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks </div></div>

If your scared go to church! </div></div>

how about school!! since that is what it is when i'm out there and u're trying to keep up!! hahaha

James Keenan
11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James Keenan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clint Shobert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm 100% on james side and not complaining just thinking out loud also but is there a reason were racing at the most dangerous track three times instead of one of the safer tracks </div></div>

If your scared go to church! </div></div>

how about school!! since that is what it is when i'm out there and u're trying to keep up!! hahaha

RICHARD MCFARLAND
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
How bout some of those Red River Challenges......what ever happened to that?

RICHARD MCFARLAND
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
How bout some of those Red River Challenges......what ever happened to that?

Matt Lincoln
11-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey James I beat you 9 times and you beat me 3 times this year. 2 out of the 3 times you did beat me i ran off the track. So who is chasing who?!?!?!

Matt Lincoln
11-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey James I beat you 9 times and you beat me 3 times this year. 2 out of the 3 times you did beat me i ran off the track. So who is chasing who?!?!?!

Chris Randle
11-17-2008, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriscorder325</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the feedback Buck. Let me clarify a few points:
8. Mini's are fun.

</div></div>

I think that the "mini-fest" at OHR is a brilliant idea!
For clarification, there will be only 9 BB sprint weekends?

Chris Randle
11-17-2008, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriscorder325</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the feedback Buck. Let me clarify a few points:
8. Mini's are fun.

</div></div>

I think that the "mini-fest" at OHR is a brilliant idea!
For clarification, there will be only 9 BB sprint weekends?

Steve McNamara
11-17-2008, 10:22 AM
The "mini fest" will likely be a combination of minis, 125's, and motards with a possible cross over event with other organizations. If we differentiate this event and market it accordingly it should be a success. Chris Corder is working on some details and we'll let everyone know the plan once it is finalized.

Steve McNamara
11-17-2008, 10:22 AM
The "mini fest" will likely be a combination of minis, 125's, and motards with a possible cross over event with other organizations. If we differentiate this event and market it accordingly it should be a success. Chris Corder is working on some details and we'll let everyone know the plan once it is finalized.

Nancy Selleck
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, there will only be 9 big bike sprint events in 2009.

Nancy Selleck
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, there will only be 9 big bike sprint events in 2009.

Van Blaylock
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Good stuff. Those were smart changes.

Now lets work in some of the "New" Red River Challenge races and call it good.

c'mon walter, you know you want to;) Two classes one race tops its easy!

Van Blaylock
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Good stuff. Those were smart changes.

c'mon walter, you know you want to;) Two classes one race tops its easy!

BlackWidow
11-17-2008, 01:39 PM
so how many big bike endurances can we look forward to?

7?

BlackWidow
11-17-2008, 01:39 PM
so how many big bike endurances can we look forward to?

7?

Danny Clark
11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Van Blaylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

c'mon walter, you know you want to;) Two classes one race tops its easy! </div></div>

I say nuke the Saturday evening practices and throw in a good old fashioned Red River Challenge to end the day with!

Danny Clark
11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Van Blaylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

c'mon walter, you know you want to;) Two classes one race tops its easy! </div></div>

I say nuke the Saturday evening practices and throw in a good old fashioned Red River Challenge to end the day with!

Christopher Corder
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Walter is working on things; stay tuned.

Christopher Corder
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Walter is working on things; stay tuned.

Nancy Selleck
11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The specifics about what is happening on each weekend (i.e., endurance hours, etc.) will be announced later on after we've had a chance to put that info together.
</div></div>

Nancy Selleck
11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The specifics about what is happening on each weekend (i.e., endurance hours, etc.) will be announced later on after we've had a chance to put that info together.
</div></div>

Larry Myers
11-17-2008, 04:34 PM
First off I would like to say I am tired of the BS. It sure doesn,t make sense in these financial times to send texas based racers to oklahoma when the best track in our area is right here in Houston. This sport is expensive enough without having to spend an extra $600 on fuel not to mention the local area businesses and track day organizations (that support the CMRA) that generate revenues off the texas tracks if nobody races here then nobody wants to practice here. Just the CMRA workers alone having to spend extra gas to get to Oklahoma should off-set the cost if any!...in the price difference of the track rental.

Larry Myers
11-17-2008, 04:34 PM
First off I would like to say I am tired of the BS. It sure doesn,t make sense in these financial times to send texas based racers to oklahoma when the best track in our area is right here in Houston. This sport is expensive enough without having to spend an extra $600 on fuel not to mention the local area businesses and track day organizations (that support the CMRA) that generate revenues off the texas tracks if nobody races here then nobody wants to practice here. Just the CMRA workers alone having to spend extra gas to get to Oklahoma should off-set the cost if any!...in the price difference of the track rental.

Ronnie Hay
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Doesn't the current owner of the #1 plate live in Oklahoma?

Ronnie Hay
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Doesn't the current owner of the #1 plate live in Oklahoma?

RICHARD MCFARLAND
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
So how much does MSRH charge for rental on race weekend?

RICHARD MCFARLAND
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
So how much does MSRH charge for rental on race weekend?

Alan Etheredge
11-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Larry (and others that missed the open meeting prior to the banquet):

The Board explained that a part of the evaluation for the schedule and venues included looking at overall historic CMRA profitability for each venue. In other words, where, in the past, did the total revenue most exceed the total cost to hold the event, thereby yielding maximum profit (different from revenue) for the CMRA.

Per event profit is measured by subtracting ALL cost elements for the event (including worker pay, facility rental, etc) from ALL revenue associated with the event (racer fees and gate fee including spectators being the main revenue streams).

Profitability data for 2008, at all venues including MSRH, is real data, hard numbers, not speculation. I suggest that is good data for the board to use for making the difficult decisions they must make.

Yes, some TX racers must drive farther to HMRC than to MSRH. And certainly, some don't make the trip. However, the demonstrated per-event profitability for HMRC (since you mentioned that track in contrast to MSRH) was still greater than for MSRH by a significant amount in 2008. That is a meaningful apples-to-apples comparison when considering the fiscal health of the organization.

We were told that those venues offering the highest profit to the CMRA were ranked higher when setting the 2009 schedule (with the other factors mentioned by Chris Corder above also taken into consideration with profitability).

Why all this talk about "profit" for a non-profit organization? Above I'm talking about profit in the context of each event. The profit from events is what the CMRA uses to cover costs that are not directly allocable to the event (equipment maintenance, new equipment, office and administrative costs, banking ahead for next year track deposits, etc, etc). No one is taking a "profit" out of the CMRA, but we must have profit from the direct cost of each event to support the overall organization and deliver the services that racers demand.

Further, when we finish a year with substantial 'profit' above all club costs and projections, then the club is in a better position to look at venues that may be less profitable in order to provide some more variety for racers. That is clearly the hope held out for a future return to MSRH in 'better times.

Conducting business in a way that benefits other entities is nice, but not when it imperils the fiscal health of CMRA. Our charter and mission is to support the club's racers for CMRA events, not to support ancillary entities.

Please note that I am not on the BOD and am not involved in any way in CMRA decision making - all that I've written is based on what we were told at the open meeting and a basic knowledge of how cost accounting is done by the club based on the numbers I have to compile from my registration job.

Last off I would like to ask, "where's the BS"?

Alan Etheredge
11-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Larry (and others that missed the open meeting prior to the banquet):

The Board explained that a part of the evaluation for the schedule and venues included looking at overall historic CMRA profitability for each venue. In other words, where, in the past, did the total revenue most exceed the total cost to hold the event, thereby yielding maximum profit (different from revenue) for the CMRA.

Per event profit is measured by subtracting ALL cost elements for the event (including worker pay, facility rental, etc) from ALL revenue associated with the event (racer fees and gate fee including spectators being the main revenue streams).

Profitability data for 2008, at all venues including MSRH, is real data, hard numbers, not speculation. I suggest that is good data for the board to use for making the difficult decisions they must make.

Yes, some TX racers must drive farther to HMRC than to MSRH. And certainly, some don't make the trip. However, the demonstrated per-event profitability for HMRC (since you mentioned that track in contrast to MSRH) was still greater than for MSRH by a significant amount in 2008. That is a meaningful apples-to-apples comparison when considering the fiscal health of the organization.

We were told that those venues offering the highest profit to the CMRA were ranked higher when setting the 2009 schedule (with the other factors mentioned by Chris Corder above also taken into consideration with profitability).

Why all this talk about "profit" for a non-profit organization? Above I'm talking about profit in the context of each event. The profit from events is what the CMRA uses to cover costs that are not directly allocable to the event (equipment maintenance, new equipment, office and administrative costs, banking ahead for next year track deposits, etc, etc). No one is taking a "profit" out of the CMRA, but we must have profit from the direct cost of each event to support the overall organization and deliver the services that racers demand.

Further, when we finish a year with substantial 'profit' above all club costs and projections, then the club is in a better position to look at venues that may be less profitable in order to provide some more variety for racers. That is clearly the hope held out for a future return to MSRH in 'better times.

Conducting business in a way that benefits other entities is nice, but not when it imperils the fiscal health of CMRA. Our charter and mission is to support the club's racers for CMRA events, not to support ancillary entities.

Please note that I am not on the BOD and am not involved in any way in CMRA decision making - all that I've written is based on what we were told at the open meeting and a basic knowledge of how cost accounting is done by the club based on the numbers I have to compile from my registration job.

Last off I would like to ask, "where's the BS"?

Alan Etheredge
11-17-2008, 05:43 PM
And no, thank goodness, the BOD did not publicly disclose the dollar numbers for cost, revenue and profit.

And I certainly hope they do not.

That information is specific to the CMRA and its relationship with each facility. It would be foolish to publicize that and adversely impact our negotiating position with our business partners, and their position with other entities that may not get the same deal that the CMRA gets.

Common business sense, folks.

Alan Etheredge
11-17-2008, 05:43 PM
And no, thank goodness, the BOD did not publicly disclose the dollar numbers for cost, revenue and profit.

And I certainly hope they do not.

That information is specific to the CMRA and its relationship with each facility. It would be foolish to publicize that and adversely impact our negotiating position with our business partners, and their position with other entities that may not get the same deal that the CMRA gets.

Common business sense, folks.

Christopher Corder
11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
yes, what tracks and other vendors charge is proprietary information and should not be released or discussed. What Alan says above is accurate. While we are a non-profit organization we do have recurring costs as well as cost associated with beginning a new season. If every (or any) event is flat or a loss, it makes it very difficult to plan for the future. As the mandate set before me is securing and maintaining the future of this club, I stand behind the decisions I or any of my colleagues on the BOD have made.

To those of you who are upset by our schedule, I apologize that it has not met your desires and I certainly hope you understand that having the CMRA around another 20 years is much more important than having one race next year.

Christopher Corder
11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
yes, what tracks and other vendors charge is proprietary information and should not be released or discussed. What Alan says above is accurate. While we are a non-profit organization we do have recurring costs as well as cost associated with beginning a new season. If every (or any) event is flat or a loss, it makes it very difficult to plan for the future. As the mandate set before me is securing and maintaining the future of this club, I stand behind the decisions I or any of my colleagues on the BOD have made.

To those of you who are upset by our schedule, I apologize that it has not met your desires and I certainly hope you understand that having the CMRA around another 20 years is much more important than having one race next year.

Ryan Rutkowski
11-17-2008, 07:15 PM
"Just the CMRA workers alone having to spend extra gas to get to Oklahoma should off-set the cost if any!...in the price difference of the track rental."

Actually MSRH is 23 miles farther than Hallet for me and as a truck driver,I can tell you that fuel is cheaper in Oklahoma. And most of us dont have to run a generator 24/4 at Hallet.

Ryan Rutkowski
11-17-2008, 07:15 PM
"Just the CMRA workers alone having to spend extra gas to get to Oklahoma should off-set the cost if any!...in the price difference of the track rental."

Actually MSRH is 23 miles farther than Hallet for me and as a truck driver,I can tell you that fuel is cheaper in Oklahoma. And most of us dont have to run a generator 24/4 at Hallet.

James Keenan
11-17-2008, 07:36 PM
oh well, cmra still has the best overall variety of tracks and surfaces that make you learn, compared to any other organizations - and great competition as well!! Let the home equity loan application start!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey James I beat you 9 times and you beat me 3 times this year. 2 out of the 3 times you did beat me i ran off the track. So who is chasing who?!?!?! </div></div>

haha keep telling yourself that /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

3 months my young padawan

James Keenan
11-17-2008, 07:36 PM
oh well, cmra still has the best overall variety of tracks and surfaces that make you learn, compared to any other organizations - and great competition as well!! Let the home equity loan application start!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey James I beat you 9 times and you beat me 3 times this year. 2 out of the 3 times you did beat me i ran off the track. So who is chasing who?!?!?! </div></div>

haha keep telling yourself that /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

3 months my young padawan

Danny Clark
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
ok... first off I want to say to the CMRA staff and BOD, that you have my complete and total respect for the jobs you all do for the good of the club as a whole. I always tell my friends and competitors that I bleed CMRA red white and Blue.... but I have to say that all I can imagine is that this is some sort of joke to get back for all the years of Oak Hill Raceway big bike nay saying!?!?!? To have a hole in the schedule for Big bike sprints in the month of June (to benefit the big bike endurance teams) regardless of where the venue is just does not make any sense to me! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I know I'm not the only big bike sprint racer that wants to race in June at Oak Hill... so please everyone tell me it was all just a joke and that we really are racing big bike sprints there in June! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Danny Clark
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
ok... first off I want to say to the CMRA staff and BOD, that you have my complete and total respect for the jobs you all do for the good of the club as a whole. I always tell my friends and competitors that I bleed CMRA red white and Blue.... but I have to say that all I can imagine is that this is some sort of joke to get back for all the years of Oak Hill Raceway big bike nay saying!?!?!? To have a hole in the schedule for Big bike sprints in the month of June (to benefit the big bike endurance teams) regardless of where the venue is just does not make any sense to me! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I know I'm not the only big bike sprint racer that wants to race in June at Oak Hill... so please everyone tell me it was all just a joke and that we really are racing big bike sprints there in June! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Dewayne Davis
11-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Why do people complain so much if you are RACERS YOU WILL RACE

Last I checked racing is and always will be dangerous DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TRACK YOU ARE AT.. Just my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dewayne Davis
11-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Why do people complain so much if you are RACERS YOU WILL RACE

Last I checked racing is and always will be dangerous DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TRACK YOU ARE AT.. Just my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhammy49
11-18-2008, 08:27 AM
To me it is all about having fun. It doesn't matter if I have to drive 1hr to MSRC or 15hrs to Daytona, if it is a race weekend it is going to cost me a lot. I live with the cost because of how much fun racing is and how much I enjoy hanging out with other racers doing the same thing.

Also, the thrill of the hunt. Chasing someone that I couldn't keep up with a month ago. Things like that make this worth whatever it cost me.

MSR Houston is a fun track and I don't care what the cost is for me, I would have driven down for that track. ECR on the other hand is an very dull track that is no fun and just because it is 45 mins away from me doesn't make me want to go any more.

While I understand that the CMRA has to balance its own checkbook, I don't recommend picking tracks to save the rider gas money cause if it is good racing on a fun track, we will come.

And I don't like Oklahoma because you can't get 93 octane!

Last, I agree with Danny, skipping a weekend for BB sprint is a mistake no matter where it is.

jhammy49
11-18-2008, 08:27 AM
To me it is all about having fun. It doesn't matter if I have to drive 1hr to MSRC or 15hrs to Daytona, if it is a race weekend it is going to cost me a lot. I live with the cost because of how much fun racing is and how much I enjoy hanging out with other racers doing the same thing.

Also, the thrill of the hunt. Chasing someone that I couldn't keep up with a month ago. Things like that make this worth whatever it cost me.

MSR Houston is a fun track and I don't care what the cost is for me, I would have driven down for that track. ECR on the other hand is an very dull track that is no fun and just because it is 45 mins away from me doesn't make me want to go any more.

While I understand that the CMRA has to balance its own checkbook, I don't recommend picking tracks to save the rider gas money cause if it is good racing on a fun track, we will come.

Last, I agree with Danny, skipping a weekend for BB sprint is a mistake no matter where it is.

RICHARD MCFARLAND
11-18-2008, 08:36 AM
+1 Dewayne!.....I think we all just need to shut the hell up and RIDE...Whining about the schedule will get you nowhere..If you dont like it stay home..or go join WERA and see what it cost you to follow that series!!

RICHARD MCFARLAND
11-18-2008, 08:36 AM
+1 Dewayne!.....I think we all just need to shut the hell up and RIDE...Whining about the schedule will get you nowhere..If you dont like it stay home..or go join WERA and see what it cost you to follow that series!!

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 08:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sure you can...... they sell Sunoco 93 at the track! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 08:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sure you can...... they sell Sunoco 93 at the track! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jhammy49
11-18-2008, 08:40 AM
I completely disagree. Feedback is what makes the CMRA keep going. Talking, meetings, and rider input. Riders that show concern and turn into BODs. Feedback matters!!!

Feedback got the wall taken down at TWS in turn 9. Feedback got more air fences up and got new sealant put down at ECR.

Some things are important and sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good. That's how things get better!

jhammy49
11-18-2008, 08:40 AM
I completely disagree. Feedback is what makes the CMRA keep going. Talking, meetings, and rider input. Riders that show concern and turn into BODs. Feedback matters!!!

Feedback got the wall taken down at TWS in turn 9. Feedback got more air fences up and got new sealant put down at ECR.

Some things are important and sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good. That's how things get better!

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Back when there were alot of real RACERS! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/582/91scheduleyb2.jpg

Danny Clark
Back when there were alot of real RACERS! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/582/91scheduleyb2.jpg

jhammy49
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sure you can...... they sell Sunoco 93 at the track! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

They also sell it at over 90% of the stations here in Texas.

So can I get a job where you work so I can sit on the CMRA forums all day? I would love that! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jhammy49
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sure you can...... they sell Sunoco 93 at the track! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

They also sell it at over 90% of the stations here in Texas.

So can I get a job where you work so I can sit on the CMRA forums all day? I would love that! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

</div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif you mean you can't do that at T.I.? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif lol.....

Actually I just leave a tabbed browser set on the CMRA board.... I'm not actually viewing it ALL the time. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

</div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif you mean you can't do that at T.I.? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif lol.....

Actually I just leave a tabbed browser set on the CMRA board.... I'm not actually viewing it ALL the time. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Keith Hertell
11-18-2008, 09:48 AM
We used to go to Monterrey, Mexico and Topeka, KS.
Kansas was something like 14 hrs for us.

Keith Hertell
11-18-2008, 09:48 AM
We used to go to Monterrey, Mexico and Topeka, KS.
Kansas was something like 14 hrs for us.

Dustin Dominguez
11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
So Im just asking what the C in C.M.R.A means? its not T.M.R.A. lol jk. I think the cmra is doing a perfect job with everything.

Dustin Dominguez
11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
So Im just asking what the C in C.M.R.A means? its not T.M.R.A. lol jk. I think the cmra is doing a perfect job with everything.

jhammy49
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
TMRA? Nice!

And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting to cut out Hallett. Not at all, i love that track. I just hate to see Houston left out and replaced by 3 trips to any track.

And I'm also tired of my Aggies getting their tails kicked by OK.

jhammy49
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
TMRA? Nice!

And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting to cut out Hallett. Not at all, i love that track. I just hate to see Houston left out and replaced by 3 trips to any track.

And I'm also tired of my Aggies getting their tails kicked by OK.

Jeremy Kidd
11-18-2008, 10:38 AM
GO GATORS...

and peronally I like Dustins respons to the T.M.R.A....

Jeremy Kidd
11-18-2008, 10:38 AM
GO GATORS...

and peronally I like Dustins respons to the T.M.R.A....

Chris Randle
11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin Dominguez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Im just asking what the C in C.M.R.A means? its not T.M.R.A. lol jk. I think the cmra is doing a perfect job with everything. </div></div>

Nice!

Chris Randle
11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin Dominguez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Im just asking what the C in C.M.R.A means? its not T.M.R.A. lol jk. I think the cmra is doing a perfect job with everything. </div></div>

Nice!

Dewayne Davis
11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back when there were alot of real RACERS! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/582/91scheduleyb2.jpg </div></div>

Go back farther when we used to go to Green
Valley Raceway .... last turn was lined with concrete walls on both sides !!!!!! Doug Polen rode there because I got second right on his A#%..... The CMRA'S THE WERA'S THE WHOEVER is not going to please everyone all of the time....But I think the CMRA is doing an Outstanding job running a race series ...somemore of my 2 cents.......

Dewayne Davis
11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back when there were alot of real RACERS! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/582/91scheduleyb2.jpg </div></div>

Valley Raceway .... last turn was lined with concrete walls on both sides !!!!!! Doug Polen rode there because I got second right on his A#%..... The CMRA'S THE WERA'S THE WHOEVER is not going to please everyone all of the time....But I think the CMRA is doing an Outstanding job running a race series ...somemore of my 2 cents.......

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dewayne Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Valley Raceway .... last turn was lined with concrete walls on both sides !!!!!! Doug Polen rode there because I got second right on his A#%..... </div></div>

My first race to ever spectate at was a Green Valley race.... unfortunatly I don't have anything that far back but now that the season is over I'll get cranking on those newsletters I promised you! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dewayne Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
But I think the CMRA is doing an Outstanding job running a race series ...somemore of my 2 cents.......
</div></div>

Now throw in another penny so I'll have a solid nickle! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Valley Raceway .... last turn was lined with concrete walls on both sides !!!!!! Doug Polen rode there because I got second right on his A#%..... </div></div>

My first race to ever spectate at was a Green Valley race.... unfortunatly I don't have anything that far back but now that the season is over I'll get cranking on those newsletters I promised you! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

But I think the CMRA is doing an Outstanding job running a race series ...somemore of my 2 cents.......
</div></div>

Now throw in another penny so I'll have a solid nickle! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Dewayne Davis
11-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Cool thanks Danny.........Green valley was my first rain race ever and I was still a prov nov.... circa 1985 july...

Dewayne Davis
11-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Cool thanks Danny.........Green valley was my first rain race ever and I was still a prov nov.... circa 1985 july...

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dewayne Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool thanks Danny.........Green valley was my first rain race ever and I was still a prov nov.... circa 1985 july... </div></div>

No problem.... now that I think about it that was probably the first road race I actually spectated at! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Danny Clark
11-18-2008, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dewayne Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool thanks Danny.........Green valley was my first rain race ever and I was still a prov nov.... circa 1985 july... </div></div>

No problem.... now that I think about it that was probably the first road race I actually spectated at! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Dewayne Davis
11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm sure I'll get you that other penny just hang on

Dewayne Davis
11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm sure I'll get you that other penny just hang on

Robert Cash
11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Bummer for us Houston guys...

Robert Cash
11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Bummer for us Houston guys...

Ryan Warren
11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I think itís a shame we arenít running big bikes at all the oak hill events. I love the track and the challenge of riding a big bike there. Maybe we could do a red river challenge there if we arenít going to big bike sprint. It sounds to me like there will be plenty of free time in a weekend with only minis, 125's, and tards. Hopefully in 2010 we will see MSRH again. Either way, Iíll go where CMRA goes. And John before you call ECR dull try a CMRA event. That CCS stuff doesnít count. Also maybe try going a little faster.

Ryan Warren
11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I think itís a shame we arenít running big bikes at all the oak hill events. I love the track and the challenge of riding a big bike there. Maybe we could do a red river challenge there if we arenít going to big bike sprint. It sounds to me like there will be plenty of free time in a weekend with only minis, 125's, and tards. Hopefully in 2010 we will see MSRH again. Either way, Iíll go where CMRA goes. And John before you call ECR dull try a CMRA event. That CCS stuff doesnít count. Also maybe try going a little faster.

Dean Thimjon
11-18-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm confused why the Houston guys are so bummed out. (2) races at TWS still and (6) not far from Dallas. That seems like some easy driving to me. Heck, I think you could do those trips driving backwards! Kidding of course!

Hammy - How can you call ECR boring? That is about the best track I've ever been on layout wise.

Dean

Dean Thimjon
11-18-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm confused why the Houston guys are so bummed out. (2) races at TWS still and (6) not far from Dallas. That seems like some easy driving to me. Heck, I think you could do those trips driving backwards! Kidding of course!

Hammy - How can you call ECR boring? That is about the best track I've ever been on layout wise.

Dean

Ty Howard
11-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Schedule looks great. MSRH will be missed but I could see the problem coming after getting questioniers and posts on the board. Maybe 2010 will see another MSRH race.

Damn they paid 6 suzuki races during the 1991 season. Nice. Bill get on it. LOL!!!!

Ty Howard
11-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Schedule looks great. MSRH will be missed but I could see the problem coming after getting questioniers and posts on the board. Maybe 2010 will see another MSRH race.

Damn they paid 6 suzuki races during the 1991 season. Nice. Bill get on it. LOL!!!!

Robert Cash
11-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Why a little bummed? I think it's because it's a nice track, the best facilities anywhere, and more importantly many guys from the Houston area have spent a lot of time and money training there. It also adds some variety too. Furthermore, it is the one track that is super close for us. Basic stuff that shouldn't take much to figure out. I realize it's all about money in the end though. Everything is usually.
Sincerely though, thanks for your TIME and EFFORT in putting together the season CMRA:) I know there are many justifiable reason for not racing there, it's just a bummer:)

Robert Cash
11-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Why a little bummed? I think it's because it's a nice track, the best facilities anywhere, and more importantly many guys from the Houston area have spent a lot of time and money training there. It also adds some variety too. Furthermore, it is the one track that is super close for us. Basic stuff that shouldn't take much to figure out. I realize it's all about money in the end though. Everything is usually.
Sincerely though, thanks for your TIME and EFFORT in putting together the season CMRA:) I know there are many justifiable reason for not racing there, it's just a bummer:)

jhammy49
11-19-2008, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And John before you call ECR dull try a CMRA event. That CCS stuff doesnít count. Also maybe try going a little faster. </div></div>

I can think what I want! It was dull to me because in the cold, there was only one line in most corners and if you went outside of it you lost a lot of ground. If you didn't pass before the turn, you didn't pass and it just wasn't fun. For the most part I like the tight short tracks better because they are a lot more of a battle. Hallett, Cresson, and Henderson are all fun tracks in that concern. You get to really battle instead of seeing who can spend the most money on their bike. I'm not saying rider ability is taken out, it just takes a back seat to a bigger bike at ECR.

I will admit, the event I was part of was terrible and I don't expect to do it again but I needed to get back out there. I needed to know I could keep my head in the game after it got beat up.

And I could ALWAYS go faster..... I'm still a young pup racer still trying to figure out how to stay on the bike. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jhammy49
11-19-2008, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And John before you call ECR dull try a CMRA event. That CCS stuff doesnít count. Also maybe try going a little faster. </div></div>

I can think what I want! It was dull to me because in the cold, there was only one line in most corners and if you went outside of it you lost a lot of ground. If you didn't pass before the turn, you didn't pass and it just wasn't fun. For the most part I like the tight short tracks better because they are a lot more of a battle. Hallett, Cresson, and Henderson are all fun tracks in that concern. You get to really battle instead of seeing who can spend the most money on their bike. I'm not saying rider ability is taken out, it just takes a back seat to a bigger bike at ECR.

I will admit, the event I was part of was terrible and I don't expect to do it again but I needed to get back out there. I needed to know I could keep my head in the game after it got beat up.

And I could ALWAYS go faster..... I'm still a young pup racer still trying to figure out how to stay on the bike. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Chris Randle
11-19-2008, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robert Cash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bummer for us Houston guys... </div></div>

At least you have a track near where you live and the CMRA did race there this past season. Us Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri guys have to travel no matter which track we attend. Most of you Texas guys are EXTREMELY fortunate to be located where you are in relation to the race locations.

Chris Randle
11-19-2008, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robert Cash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bummer for us Houston guys... </div></div>

At least you have a track near where you live and the CMRA did race there this past season. Us Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri guys have to travel no matter which track we attend. Most of you Texas guys are EXTREMELY fortunate to be located where you are in relation to the race locations.

Barry Nichols
11-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I kinda liked MSRH. It was better than I expected and maybe that alone made me like it. I am not racing so I am indifferent. I will go where ever we have a race. But....a couple of points to make....

First, we are blessed in our region as racers with tracks and the last 10 years everything has only got better. At some point though, what do you do? Only race every track once?

Second, I can see how those in Houston would like to have a race closer to home, and if you read "some peoples" comments on this board and another one could assume we (the CMRA) are missing out on a great opportunity in that market. But I would then ask why when we did go there after a much anticipated 3 years of negotiations, the turnout was mediocre at best? I mean all of these racers exist who want to race there yet the paddocks and grids were "light" at best. Me thinks the blame for a lack of a return date in 2009 may lay at a doorstep closer to Houston.

Lastly, everything in life is a compromise, even racing. I think it is sometimes forgotten that the CMRA is not run by a few people in a dark room somewhere making decisions that benefit only them. Our members who are elected make the decisions. They make the best ones they can with the information they have and it is a huge task. Unfortunately you cannot please everyone all of the time, but such is life. I for one hope that everyone in Houston will continue to race with us, especially those who missed this year. Come back and make a good case for MSRH in 2010. I for one will listen.

Barry Nichols
11-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I kinda liked MSRH. It was better than I expected and maybe that alone made me like it. I am not racing so I am indifferent. I will go where ever we have a race. But....a couple of points to make....

First, we are blessed in our region as racers with tracks and the last 10 years everything has only got better. At some point though, what do you do? Only race every track once?

Second, I can see how those in Houston would like to have a race closer to home, and if you read "some peoples" comments on this board and another one could assume we (the CMRA) are missing out on a great opportunity in that market. But I would then ask why when we did go there after a much anticipated 3 years of negotiations, the turnout was mediocre at best? I mean all of these racers exist who want to race there yet the paddocks and grids were "light" at best. Me thinks the blame for a lack of a return date in 2009 may lay at a doorstep closer to Houston.

Lastly, everything in life is a compromise, even racing. I think it is sometimes forgotten that the CMRA is not run by a few people in a dark room somewhere making decisions that benefit only them. Our members who are elected make the decisions. They make the best ones they can with the information they have and it is a huge task. Unfortunately you cannot please everyone all of the time, but such is life. I for one hope that everyone in Houston will continue to race with us, especially those who missed this year. Come back and make a good case for MSRH in 2010. I for one will listen.

Larry Myers
11-19-2008, 05:27 PM
the turnout was mediocre but that might be do to the Schedule (4th of july weekend) not the track.

Larry Myers
11-19-2008, 05:27 PM
the turnout was mediocre but that might be do to the Schedule (4th of july weekend) not the track.

Van Blaylock
11-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm kind of indiferent, but I do think point goes to larry on this matter. I'm sure the cost is too high in a general sense... most everything in houston costs too damn much! But the July 4th weekend was a bit of a gamble. I still don't know whether I would've rather raced or done something else for that holiday, but I can see how a great many would've decided not to go to the track on such a hot weekend, that close to a beach;)

That said, Barry made a comment about only racing at a track once per season and that made me think... I know he was against such an idea but, you know, I think that would be the ultimate season in my opinion.

Van Blaylock
11-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm kind of indiferent, but I do think point goes to larry on this matter. I'm sure the cost is too high in a general sense... most everything in houston costs too damn much! But the July 4th weekend was a bit of a gamble. I still don't know whether I would've rather raced or done something else for that holiday, but I can see how a great many would've decided not to go to the track on such a hot weekend, that close to a beach;)

That said, Barry made a comment about only racing at a track once per season and that made me think... I know he was against such an idea but, you know, I think that would be the ultimate season in my opinion.

Barry Nichols
11-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Granted, it was a holiday weekend. I am sure that may have played a part. But come on, it wasn't Chrismas :~) Like I said, I liked MSRH after I got there. We have family in Houston. I wouldn't have minded going back. All I am saying is that when you have an opportunity to do something, you do it if it is important to you. I just think more of the South Texas Contingent could have showed up holiday or no. It's kinda like all of those classes everybody wants, then when they are created and put into the schedule, no one shows up to race them. But look at the MB and everyone's buildin' a bike. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Every track once.....that's /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif talk /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Barry Nichols
11-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Granted, it was a holiday weekend. I am sure that may have played a part. But come on, it wasn't Chrismas :~) Like I said, I liked MSRH after I got there. We have family in Houston. I wouldn't have minded going back. All I am saying is that when you have an opportunity to do something, you do it if it is important to you. I just think more of the South Texas Contingent could have showed up holiday or no. It's kinda like all of those classes everybody wants, then when they are created and put into the schedule, no one shows up to race them. But look at the MB and everyone's buildin' a bike. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Every track once.....that's /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif talk /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Nancy Selleck
11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
In 2008, we had races on Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, July 4th, Aggie Football Weekends, etc. All the other race weekends had better attendance than MSR Houston. Not sure why; just a fact.

Nancy Selleck
11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
In 2008, we had races on Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, July 4th, Aggie Football Weekends, etc. All the other race weekends had better attendance than MSR Houston. Not sure why; just a fact.

William Guthrie
11-20-2008, 08:59 AM
I went to MSRH on a holiday but won't go to Oak Hill on a dead weekend. I think the real factors were that the points race had already matured enough that racers were making economic and time away from family decisions, gas was at a peak that weekend to boot. Looking at the results it appears that from a BB perspective the entries were equally as low at Oak Hill. It's clear however the contrast in cost but are we racing or making money?

I understand Oak Hill is unavoidable (for 09) but I just wish it wasn't the season opener, I may be more inclined to race there if points were a factor for me.

Despite all that I do want to say thank you to the CMRA staff for spending much of their time preparing and planning for our events.

William Guthrie
11-20-2008, 08:59 AM
I went to MSRH on a holiday but won't go to Oak Hill on a dead weekend. I think the real factors were that the points race had already matured enough that racers were making economic and time away from family decisions, gas was at a peak that weekend to boot. Looking at the results it appears that from a BB perspective the entries were equally as low at Oak Hill. It's clear however the contrast in cost but are we racing or making money?

I understand Oak Hill is unavoidable (for 09) but I just wish it wasn't the season opener, I may be more inclined to race there if points were a factor for me.

Despite all that I do want to say thank you to the CMRA staff for spending much of their time preparing and planning for our events.

Barry Nichols
11-20-2008, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: William Guthrie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's clear however the contrast in cost but are we racing or making money?

</div></div>

The reality is that it costs a lot of money to put on these events. So to answer your question, if we are not making money, then No, we are not racing.

Barry Nichols
11-20-2008, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: William Guthrie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's clear however the contrast in cost but are we racing or making money?

</div></div>

The reality is that it costs a lot of money to put on these events. So to answer your question, if we are not making money, then No, we are not racing.

Aaron Gore
11-20-2008, 09:24 AM
I personally liked the track (MSRH)and the facilities. It was close enough that I drove back and forth from home and it saved me money for sure. I also really like Hallett and both trips cost me around $1200 in diesel alone but if it keeps the club profitable I would make three. Hopefully fuel prices will remain reasonable so that most will be able to afford to race all events.

Aaron Gore
11-20-2008, 09:24 AM
I personally liked the track (MSRH)and the facilities. It was close enough that I drove back and forth from home and it saved me money for sure. I also really like Hallett and both trips cost me around $1200 in diesel alone but if it keeps the club profitable I would make three. Hopefully fuel prices will remain reasonable so that most will be able to afford to race all events.

William Guthrie
11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
So that question may have been a little too pointy without context, I guess what I meant is that, was MSRH that bad that we couldn't give it another shot, perhaps pull some overages from one venue and develop another? I certainly don't know and I think MSRH should bear some burden here or rather wish they would.

Edited because Van is right...

William Guthrie
11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
So that question may have been a little too pointy without context, I guess what I meant is that, was MSRH that bad that we couldn't give it another shot, perhaps pull some overages from one venue and develop another? I certainly don't know and I think MSRH should bear some burden here or rather wish they would.

Danny Clark
11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
I liked the facilities there at MSRH but the track layout and condition didn't appeal to me all that much. Maybe more time on the track and it would have grown on me but IMO their trackday prices are way out of line to allow that. As long as it is cost prohibitive for me to get any kind of track time at the place then it will always remain a place that I don't care if we visit or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Van Blaylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the original objective to this thread is on the verge of being lost... just putting that out there so I can say "I told you so" when it happens;) </div></div>

I still think the BOD did a fine job.... I do wish we could ride big bikes at OHR in June though. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Danny Clark
11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
I liked the facilities there at MSRH but the track layout and condition didn't appeal to me all that much. Maybe more time on the track and it would have grown on me but IMO their trackday prices are way out of line to allow that. As long as it is cost prohibitive for me to get any kind of track time at the place then it will always remain a place that I don't care if we visit or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Van Blaylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the original objective to this thread is on the verge of being lost... just putting that out there so I can say "I told you so" when it happens;) </div></div>

I still think the BOD did a fine job.... I do wish we could ride big bikes at OHR in June though. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Van Blaylock
11-20-2008, 09:53 AM
I think the original objective to this thread is on the verge of being lost... just putting that out there so I can say "I told you so" when it happens;)

Van Blaylock
11-20-2008, 09:53 AM
I think the original objective to this thread is on the verge of being lost... just putting that out there so I can say "I told you so" when it happens;)

Barry Nichols
11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I personally love OHR, but then again I have never raced a 1000 there and can see that being a hand full. It would not be proper for me to go into financial issues in this forum. MSRH just did not perform. I think in a different year where economic factors were not at the forefront of our American mindset, maybe the decision could have been different. Look at it this way. All of you have the racing bug. And all things being equal you are coming to race. Right now you are planning every event you can next year, perhaps all of them. But what happens next year if you lose a job. Racing moves to the last priority you have. The BoD obviously decided in light of the tender economic outlook for the next two years, making prudent financial decisions based on past results had to outweigh all other factors. Everyone reading this should be proud that you elected members with enough forethought to ensure you have a place to race.....even if it turns out to be on a track you don't really like.

And William....the throttle does work both ways /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Barry Nichols
11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I personally love OHR, but then again I have never raced a 1000 there and can see that being a hand full. It would not be proper for me to go into financial issues in this forum. MSRH just did not perform. I think in a different year where economic factors were not at the forefront of our American mindset, maybe the decision could have been different. Look at it this way. All of you have the racing bug. And all things being equal you are coming to race. Right now you are planning every event you can next year, perhaps all of them. But what happens next year if you lose a job. Racing moves to the last priority you have. The BoD obviously decided in light of the tender economic outlook for the next two years, making prudent financial decisions based on past results had to outweigh all other factors. Everyone reading this should be proud that you elected members with enough forethought to ensure you have a place to race.....even if it turns out to be on a track you don't really like.

And William....the throttle does work both ways /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Aaron Gore
11-20-2008, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Nichols</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally love OHR, but then again I have never raced a 1000 there and can see that being a hand full. It would not be proper for me to go into financial issues in this forum. MSRH just did not perform. I think in a different year where economic factors were not at the forefront of our American mindset, maybe the decision could have been different. Look at it this way. All of you have the racing bug. And all things being equal you are coming to race. Right now you are planning every event you can next year, perhaps all of them. But what happens next year if you lose a job. Racing moves to the last priority you have. The BoD obviously decided in light of the tender economic outlook for the next two years, making prudent financial decisions based on past results had to outweigh all other factors. Everyone reading this should be proud that you elected members with enough forethought to ensure you have a place to race.....even if it turns out to be on a track you don't really like.

And William....the throttle does work both ways /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

I agree with Barry....I am sure the BOD looked at the books from all the races and venues and looked at the economy and made decisions based on these facts. The CMRA is in "survival mode" and their decisions reflect that. Maybe, when the economy recovers, we can return to MSRH.

Aaron Gore
11-20-2008, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Nichols</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally love OHR, but then again I have never raced a 1000 there and can see that being a hand full. It would not be proper for me to go into financial issues in this forum. MSRH just did not perform. I think in a different year where economic factors were not at the forefront of our American mindset, maybe the decision could have been different. Look at it this way. All of you have the racing bug. And all things being equal you are coming to race. Right now you are planning every event you can next year, perhaps all of them. But what happens next year if you lose a job. Racing moves to the last priority you have. The BoD obviously decided in light of the tender economic outlook for the next two years, making prudent financial decisions based on past results had to outweigh all other factors. Everyone reading this should be proud that you elected members with enough forethought to ensure you have a place to race.....even if it turns out to be on a track you don't really like.

And William....the throttle does work both ways /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

I agree with Barry....I am sure the BOD looked at the books from all the races and venues and looked at the economy and made decisions based on these facts. The CMRA is in "survival mode" and their decisions reflect that. Maybe, when the economy recovers, we can return to MSRH.

Van Blaylock
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aaron Gore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with Barry....I am sure the BOD looked at the books from all the races and venues and looked at the economy and made decisions based on these facts. The CMRA is in "survival mode" and their decisions reflect that. Maybe, when the economy recovers, we can return to MSRH. </div></div>
I am sure of that too, but mostly because Chris Corder said that exact same thing;)

To try and focus the two major trends of this thread; people seem to be unhappy with a) Oak hill three times, and b)no MSRH. I think we've beat the MSRH horse to death. We ain't goin' there this year! And everyone wishes we could, but things didn't work out.

So, that leaves Oak Hill and its multiple of three. One solution that has been proposed is that the June round will not have BB stuff. It think that solves some issues, but creates others.
What I would like to know is, could we trade one of the oak hill rounds for another track? Say a 3.1mi at cresson or something? or even just a regular round at another track?

Van Blaylock
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aaron Gore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with Barry....I am sure the BOD looked at the books from all the races and venues and looked at the economy and made decisions based on these facts. The CMRA is in "survival mode" and their decisions reflect that. Maybe, when the economy recovers, we can return to MSRH. </div></div>
I am sure of that too, but mostly because Chris Corder said that exact same thing;)

To try and focus the two major trends of this thread; people seem to be unhappy with a) Oak hill three times, and b)no MSRH. I think we've beat the MSRH horse to death. We ain't goin' there this year! And everyone wishes we could, but things didn't work out.

So, that leaves Oak Hill and its multiple of three. One solution that has been proposed is that the June round will not have BB stuff. It think that solves some issues, but creates others.
What I would like to know is, could we trade one of the oak hill rounds for another track? Say a 3.1mi at cresson or something? or even just a regular round at another track?

Nancy Selleck
11-20-2008, 02:34 PM
The schedule is set for 2009.

This discussion will be a lot more useful in July 2009, BEFORE we set the schedule for 2010.

Nancy Selleck
11-20-2008, 02:34 PM
The schedule is set for 2009.

This discussion will be a lot more useful in July 2009, BEFORE we set the schedule for 2010.

Van Blaylock
11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
well then, I guess I'll just dig it up in july;)

Van Blaylock
11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
well then, I guess I'll just dig it up in july;)

jhammy49
11-20-2008, 07:58 PM
As nice as waiting to July sounds, I will have forgotten what MSRH looks like by then. I didn't realize that (and I'm not sure how many people did) MSRH was in danger of being lost. Every time the 2009 schedule was asked about, the typical answer was "it is being worked on" and that was it.

If our input counts, and your suggestion about waiting till next July suggests that it does, then a little more information should be released.

http://bbs.125gp.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=106415#Post106415

jhammy49
11-20-2008, 07:58 PM
As nice as waiting to July sounds, I will have forgotten what MSRH looks like by then. I didn't realize that (and I'm not sure how many people did) MSRH was in danger of being lost. Every time the 2009 schedule was asked about, the typical answer was "it is being worked on" and that was it.

If our input counts, and your suggestion about waiting till next July suggests that it does, then a little more information should be released.

http://bbs.125gp.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=106415#Post106415

Rich Desmond
11-20-2008, 08:05 PM
LOL, this has been a funny thread. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
It's like the sun rising in the east, or wind in Oklahoma, when the CMRA schedule is released there WILL be *****ing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Rich Desmond
11-20-2008, 08:05 PM
LOL, this has been a funny thread. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
It's like the sun rising in the east, or wind in Oklahoma, when the CMRA schedule is released there WILL be *****ing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ronnie Hay
11-21-2008, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If our input counts, and your suggestion about waiting till next July suggests that it does, then a little more information should be released.
</div></div>

The BOD did request the members input. Page 4 of July's "Inside Line" included a survey requesting members opinions of MSRH, less than 10 responded.

Did you respond?

The opinions of that meager number of responses were a factor in the BOD's decision process.

Ronnie Hay
11-21-2008, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Hamlett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If our input counts, and your suggestion about waiting till next July suggests that it does, then a little more information should be released.
</div></div>

The BOD did request the members input. Page 4 of July's "Inside Line" included a survey requesting members opinions of MSRH, less than 10 responded.

Did you respond?

The opinions of that meager number of responses were a factor in the BOD's decision process.

jhammy49
11-21-2008, 08:39 AM
I freely admit that I did not. This is my first year and I'm still learning how things work. I will make sure not to miss that opportunity next year.

What I am getting is that this medium is just for fun. This medium has not real input to the future of the club. The way to really make a difference is in meetings and the Inside Line.

jhammy49
11-21-2008, 08:39 AM
I freely admit that I did not. This is my first year and I'm still learning how things work. I will make sure not to miss that opportunity next year.

What I am getting is that this medium is just for fun. This medium has not real input to the future of the club. The way to really make a difference is in meetings and the Inside Line.

Nancy Selleck
11-21-2008, 09:50 AM
We had an open membership meeting with the Board of Directors at Hallett in May and then again at the annual awards party last weekend. There were @ 25 members in attendance at each meeting and most of them were the same at each meeting.

The Inside Line requests stories, pictures and input but we never receive anything. We put questionnaires in the newsletter and 9 members respond. We put perforated, self-addressed, stamped ballots in the newsletter. We get 139 from 750 members.

What else would you suggest?

The constant complaining from those who do not participate (other than to complain) is getting old.

Nancy Selleck
11-21-2008, 09:50 AM
We had an open membership meeting with the Board of Directors at Hallett in May and then again at the annual awards party last weekend. There were @ 25 members in attendance at each meeting and most of them were the same at each meeting.

The Inside Line requests stories, pictures and input but we never receive anything. We put questionnaires in the newsletter and 9 members respond. We put perforated, self-addressed, stamped ballots in the newsletter. We get 139 from 750 members.

What else would you suggest?

The constant complaining from those who do not participate (other than to complain) is getting old.

Nancy Selleck
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Disclaimer: My comments were not directed at anyone in particular.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

Nancy Selleck
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Disclaimer: My comments were not directed at anyone in particular.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

Will Shupak
11-21-2008, 10:54 AM
i have a suggestion:
if you desire to change the process, volunteer your personal time to the CMRA staff and perhaps even run for BOD. If this proves too troublesome a task to complete, then show some respect for the decisions of those who do.
to the CMRA staff: thank you for your dedication and commitment to this process. i appreciate you providing me the opportunity to address my concerns at the open membership meeting as well as soliciting my written opinion. i trust this process was thoroughly reviewed and consistent with the best interests of the club. thanks again, wjs

Will Shupak
11-21-2008, 10:54 AM
i have a suggestion:
if you desire to change the process, volunteer your personal time to the CMRA staff and perhaps even run for BOD. If this proves too troublesome a task to complete, then show some respect for the decisions of those who do.
to the CMRA staff: thank you for your dedication and commitment to this process. i appreciate you providing me the opportunity to address my concerns at the open membership meeting as well as soliciting my written opinion. i trust this process was thoroughly reviewed and consistent with the best interests of the club. thanks again, wjs

Chris Randle
11-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Nancy is correct as usual. I was at the town hall meeting in May and not many of the issues that folks were complaining about on the board were brought up, because those folks did not participate in the meeting. The Mboard is a great place to publicize your concerns, but not the best place to get them addressed.

Chris Randle
11-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Nancy is correct as usual. I was at the town hall meeting in May and not many of the issues that folks were complaining about on the board were brought up, because those folks did not participate in the meeting. The Mboard is a great place to publicize your concerns, but not the best place to get them addressed.

Van Blaylock
11-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I would like those meetings to be saturday evening or something so that I could actually attend one. I wanted to attend but could not make any of them because of travel...

Van Blaylock
11-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I would like those meetings to be saturday evening or something so that I could actually attend one. I wanted to attend but could not make any of them because of travel...

Nancy Selleck
11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Van, they were both on a Saturday evening.

Nancy Selleck
11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Van, they were both on a Saturday evening.

Scott Buckley
11-21-2008, 01:41 PM
I am disappointed that there will be no big bike racing in June. I was at the membership meeting in May and had I known this item were on the table I would have been at the November membership meeting to voice my opposition. That is if it were put up for discussion. Although it only takes 25 members and the BOD to decide the direction of the club, I would like to have a voice on issues that are important to me.

Scott Buckley
11-21-2008, 01:41 PM
I am disappointed that there will be no big bike racing in June. I was at the membership meeting in May and had I known this item were on the table I would have been at the November membership meeting to voice my opposition. That is if it were put up for discussion. Although it only takes 25 members and the BOD to decide the direction of the club, I would like to have a voice on issues that are important to me.

Van Blaylock
11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nancy Selleck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Van, they were both on a Saturday evening. </div></div>

What? the only I heard of, I was told were like friday or saturday afternoon. My bad, guess I need to look a little harder to find out when and where they are. I completely missed the survey, and these meetings...

Van Blaylock
11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nancy Selleck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Van, they were both on a Saturday evening. </div></div>

What? the only I heard of, I was told were like friday or saturday afternoon. My bad, guess I need to look a little harder to find out when and where they are. I completely missed the survey, and these meetings...

Baus Barker
11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok... first off I want to say to the CMRA staff and BOD, that you have my complete and total respect for the jobs you all do for the good of the club as a whole. I always tell my friends and competitors that I bleed CMRA red white and Blue.... but I have to say that all I can imagine is that this is some sort of joke to get back for all the years of Oak Hill Raceway big bike nay saying!?!?!? To have a hole in the schedule for Big bike sprints in the month of June (to benefit the big bike endurance teams) regardless of where the venue is just does not make any sense to me! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I know I'm not the only big bike sprint racer that wants to race in June at Oak Hill... so please everyone tell me it was all just a joke and that we really are racing big bike sprints there in June! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif</div></div>

I agree 100%!! I'm pretty bummed about lossing a weekend no matter what the track.

There about to make me get another bike for mini sprints.

I kind of liked MSRH and you cant beat a weekend that you get to go race and too the beach. The drive sucked but it was still a blast.

Doesnt matter how far the track is I love it too much to miss a weekend.

Baus Barker
11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok... first off I want to say to the CMRA staff and BOD, that you have my complete and total respect for the jobs you all do for the good of the club as a whole. I always tell my friends and competitors that I bleed CMRA red white and Blue.... but I have to say that all I can imagine is that this is some sort of joke to get back for all the years of Oak Hill Raceway big bike nay saying!?!?!? To have a hole in the schedule for Big bike sprints in the month of June (to benefit the big bike endurance teams) regardless of where the venue is just does not make any sense to me! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I know I'm not the only big bike sprint racer that wants to race in June at Oak Hill... so please everyone tell me it was all just a joke and that we really are racing big bike sprints there in June! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif</div></div>

I agree 100%!! I'm pretty bummed about lossing a weekend no matter what the track.

There about to make me get another bike for mini sprints.

I kind of liked MSRH and you cant beat a weekend that you get to go race and too the beach. The drive sucked but it was still a blast.

Doesnt matter how far the track is I love it too much to miss a weekend.

Danny Clark
11-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Well Baus if you are up for a Road trip there are a couple of events in June that you can go race at.....

Pirelli/WERA Sportsman Mid-Central region

6/13-14 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega, AL-cc, rs,
6/26-28 Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA-rs,

a couple of options to think about.... lol /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

The Road Atlanta event sure has me thinkin about it.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Danny Clark
11-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Well Baus if you are up for a Road trip there are a couple of events in June that you can go race at.....

Pirelli/WERA Sportsman Mid-Central region

6/13-14 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega, AL-cc, rs,
6/26-28 Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA-rs,

a couple of options to think about.... lol /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

The Road Atlanta event sure has me thinkin about it.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

James Keenan
11-30-2008, 12:15 PM
same here danny - look me up!

James Keenan
11-30-2008, 12:15 PM
same here danny - look me up!

SV88
11-30-2008, 01:12 PM
So, no sprints in June. Same problem with CCS MW. A big hole in the schedule - May 30-31 Blackhawk farms, July 13-14 Heartland Topeka.

My plan is to do the first 3 race weekends with CMRA then race CCS MW - going for LW Exp SS championship. May end up doing a WERA race in June.

SV88
11-30-2008, 01:12 PM
So, no sprints in June. Same problem with CCS MW. A big hole in the schedule - May 30-31 Blackhawk farms, July 13-14 Heartland Topeka.

My plan is to do the first 3 race weekends with CMRA then race CCS MW - going for LW Exp SS championship. May end up doing a WERA race in June.

binskies
12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks to the BOD for getting the schedule up so early this year. With all the factors that come into play in creating it, you all did a great job. The mini-fest at OHR sounds like alot of fun. I may have to find me a mini... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

BTW, big bike endurance has had one month off during the course of the season since I started racing back in '03.

binskies
12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks to the BOD for getting the schedule up so early this year. With all the factors that come into play in creating it, you all did a great job. The mini-fest at OHR sounds like alot of fun. I may have to find me a mini... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

BTW, big bike endurance has had one month off during the course of the season since I started racing back in '03.