PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Awards Event Announcement

Harry Tomlinson
06-04-2009, 11:01 PM
For 2009, the CMRA annual awards presentation will be held inconjunction with the final event (@ Texas World Speedway) on Saturday evening following the last endurance race of 2009.

As some sprint championships will still be up for grabs, we plan to showcase those contenders and cheer them on!

For the mini champions there will be an awards presentation @ OHR (the final mini event of 2009) and they are invited to participate @ TWS and be recognized.

More details to come, please stay tuned!

Thanks for the continued support of the CMRA membership!

Harry Tomlinson
06-04-2009, 11:01 PM
For 2009, the CMRA annual awards presentation will be held inconjunction with the final event (@ Texas World Speedway) on Saturday evening following the last endurance race of 2009.

As some sprint championships will still be up for grabs, we plan to showcase those contenders and cheer them on!

For the mini champions there will be an awards presentation @ OHR (the final mini event of 2009) and they are invited to participate @ TWS and be recognized.

More details to come, please stay tuned!

Thanks for the continued support of the CMRA membership!

James Keenan
06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
wow, sort of a great idea IMO.

James Keenan
06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
wow, sort of a great idea IMO.

Craig Montgomery
06-08-2009, 12:54 PM
So we're having the year end awards banquet....before the year's even ended /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Craig Montgomery
06-08-2009, 12:54 PM
So we're having the year end awards banquet....before the year's even ended /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Scott Buckley
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
He stated "an awards presentation" not a banquet. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Scott Buckley
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
He stated "an awards presentation" not a banquet. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

James Keenan
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
BYOF

James Keenan
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
BYOF

Derek Thomas
06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Times are lean for everyone...need to save as we can. I think its a good idea to save for the future now...great idea. Recognition in the "plaque" form may be tough. BTW, are we doing the one plaque with individual stick on thingys for this year? Remember I've been gone a little while.

Derek Thomas
06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Times are lean for everyone...need to save as we can. I think its a good idea to save for the future now...great idea. Recognition in the "plaque" form may be tough. BTW, are we doing the one plaque with individual stick on thingys for this year? Remember I've been gone a little while.

Alan Etheredge
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
As Harry mentioned in his post, more info to come as the details get worked out.

Your Board of Directors is making hard choices in an effort to ensure the fiscal health of the CMRA in these lean times.

The payoff is that the CMRA will be here for many years to come, providing a venue for competitive sprint and endurance racing for a wide range of bikes and racers.

Alan Etheredge
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
As Harry mentioned in his post, more info to come as the details get worked out.

Your Board of Directors is making hard choices in an effort to ensure the fiscal health of the CMRA in these lean times.

The payoff is that the CMRA will be here for many years to come, providing a venue for competitive sprint and endurance racing for a wide range of bikes and racers.

Craig Montgomery
06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott Buckley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He stated "an awards presentation" not a banquet. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif</div></div>

Kinda implied when its held at the track /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I wasn't aware the CMRA lost money at the awards banquets. If losing money is the issue how about we see who in the CMRA would pre-buy tickets mid season (and at what price) to a year end awards banquet and then plan from there? I don't mind looking into some options.

Craig Montgomery
06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott Buckley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He stated "an awards presentation" not a banquet. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif</div></div>

Kinda implied when its held at the track /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I wasn't aware the CMRA lost money at the awards banquets. If losing money is the issue how about we see who in the CMRA would pre-buy tickets mid season (and at what price) to a year end awards banquet and then plan from there? I don't mind looking into some options.

Van Blaylock
06-16-2009, 01:47 AM
you guys wanna have it in kuwait? I could get us a place there?

Van Blaylock
06-16-2009, 01:47 AM
you guys wanna have it in kuwait? I could get us a place there?

Craig Montgomery
06-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Well I'm thinkin with less people racing this year we'll have less people at the banquet. We just hold it at a smaller venue and maybe forgo the silent auction, hall of fame inductees, etc..etc. I just enjoy seeing everyone outside of a racing environment. I don't mind pre-buying tickets in July.

Craig Montgomery
06-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Well I'm thinkin with less people racing this year we'll have less people at the banquet. We just hold it at a smaller venue and maybe forgo the silent auction, hall of fame inductees, etc..etc. I just enjoy seeing everyone outside of a racing environment. I don't mind pre-buying tickets in July.

Keith Hertell
06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
+1

Keith Hertell
06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
+1

Karl Leone
06-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I hope we have something, call it banquet or ceremony, or whatever. I would just like to meet some of the members outside of at the races where most of the time everyone is busy or concentrating on their next race.

Karl Leone
06-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I hope we have something, call it banquet or ceremony, or whatever. I would just like to meet some of the members outside of at the races where most of the time everyone is busy or concentrating on their next race.

Tony Ta
06-18-2009, 11:01 AM
i'm happy with whatever the CMRA decides as long as there is some sort of alcohol to celebrate!!!

Tony Ta
06-18-2009, 11:01 AM
i'm happy with whatever the CMRA decides as long as there is some sort of alcohol to celebrate!!!

Keith Hertell
06-18-2009, 12:56 PM
+1

Keith Hertell
06-18-2009, 12:56 PM
+1

Ted Phillips
06-18-2009, 03:28 PM
What a bunch of lushes. I don't need a celebration to enjoy a beer.

Ted Phillips
06-18-2009, 03:28 PM
What a bunch of lushes. I don't need a celebration to enjoy a beer.

Tony Ta
06-18-2009, 06:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ted phillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a bunch of lushes. I don't need a celebration to enjoy a beer. </div></div>

but some of us will need a beer to enjoy the celebration. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Tony Ta
06-18-2009, 06:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ted phillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a bunch of lushes. I don't need a celebration to enjoy a beer. </div></div>

but some of us will need a beer to enjoy the celebration. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Ronnie Hay
06-22-2009, 11:49 AM
My vote was a pasture party somewhere in Central Texas.

Roll the trailers, bring dirt bikes and pit bikes. Bar-B-Q pits, beverages and shenanigans. No banquets, no tickets to purchase, and plenty of pictures that should never be released to the public.

Just my $.02

Ronnie Hay
06-22-2009, 11:49 AM
My vote was a pasture party somewhere in Central Texas.

Roll the trailers, bring dirt bikes and pit bikes. Bar-B-Q pits, beverages and shenanigans. No banquets, no tickets to purchase, and plenty of pictures that should never be released to the public.

Just my $.02

Danny Clark
06-22-2009, 11:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie Hay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My vote was a pasture party somewhere in Central Texas.

Just my $.02 </div></div>

that sounds like fun! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Danny Clark
06-22-2009, 11:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie Hay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My vote was a pasture party somewhere in Central Texas.

that sounds like fun! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Ted Phillips
06-22-2009, 12:37 PM

Brilliant!

Ted Phillips
06-22-2009, 12:37 PM

Brilliant!

Craig Montgomery
06-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I like this idea!

Craig Montgomery
06-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I like this idea!

jbroom
06-22-2009, 02:57 PM
a swimable body of water on property would be nice too /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jbroom
06-22-2009, 02:57 PM
a swimable body of water on property would be nice too /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Chuck Ergle
06-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Before the first ever awards banquet in 1997 or so, our end of season party was always held at Lions Park in Henderson (usually in cold weather); the Rusk County Chamber of Commerce would furnish boxes of frozen weenies, coathangers, charcoal, and there'd be the barbeque pits with rusted grates and years' worth of encrusted residue. Measurements for class champion jackets would be taken, and awards would be presented. Jackets would be mailed at a later date. Festive adult beverages were smuggled in (Rusk County being dry).

The club decided that this was too bush-league for the newly-minted CMRA (previously the CRRC, which was a too-bush-league name), and started having banquets.

The more things change...

Chuck Ergle
06-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Before the first ever awards banquet in 1997 or so, our end of season party was always held at Lions Park in Henderson (usually in cold weather); the Rusk County Chamber of Commerce would furnish boxes of frozen weenies, coathangers, charcoal, and there'd be the barbeque pits with rusted grates and years' worth of encrusted residue. Measurements for class champion jackets would be taken, and awards would be presented. Jackets would be mailed at a later date. Festive adult beverages were smuggled in (Rusk County being dry).

The club decided that this was too bush-league for the newly-minted CMRA (previously the CRRC, which was a too-bush-league name), and started having banquets.

The more things change...

Aaron Gore
06-25-2009, 01:17 PM

I'm down with this!! I'll bring a pit big enough for everyone to throw something on!!

Aaron Gore
06-25-2009, 01:17 PM

I'm down with this!! I'll bring a pit big enough for everyone to throw something on!!

Dewayne Davis
06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aaron Gore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie Hay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My vote was a pasture party somewhere in Central Texas.

Now this sounds like alot of fun... Much more fun than a formal Banquet.......

Just my 2 cents worth

I'm down with this!! I'll bring a pit big enough for everyone to throw something on!! </div></div>

Dewayne Davis
06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aaron Gore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie Hay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My vote was a pasture party somewhere in Central Texas.

Now this sounds like alot of fun... Much more fun than a formal Banquet.......

Just my 2 cents worth

I'm down with this!! I'll bring a pit big enough for everyone to throw something on!! </div></div>

cossatot
06-25-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd go for the pasture party....never was much for formal / semi formal / somewhat formal / clothing required events. :-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a swimable body of water on property would be nice too </div></div>

In November? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

cossatot
06-25-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd go for the pasture party....never was much for formal / semi formal / somewhat formal / clothing required events. :-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a swimable body of water on property would be nice too </div></div>

In November? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

jbroom
06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
i dunno what its like in arkansas, but it doesn't get cold here until january /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jbroom
06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
i dunno what its like in arkansas, but it doesn't get cold here until january /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

cossatot
06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I'll bring my wetsuit. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

cossatot
06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I'll bring my wetsuit. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Baus Barker
06-30-2009, 11:58 PM
+1 on that Craig. As long as i can find a seat this year.

Baus Barker
06-30-2009, 11:58 PM
+1 on that Craig. As long as i can find a seat this year.

Craig Montgomery
07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Brooks has some property near Tyler that's great for something like this. Maybe he'd let the CMRA use it. Brooks is a giver..not a taker like me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Craig Montgomery
07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Brooks has some property near Tyler that's great for something like this. Maybe he'd let the CMRA use it. Brooks is a giver..not a taker like me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gary Giarratano
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I love the idea of the banquet somewhere other than at the last event. As mentioned many of us will be focusing on racing and then worn out afterwards. That would make for too long of a day. I'd much prefer to visit with everyone when not racing.

Ronnie's idea is great and would probably be way less cost to the CMRA then a rented venue.

Danny Clark
08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
It's taken me a long time but I finally found the press release from last years banquet.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/550/1742/Motorcycle-Article/CMRA-Honors-2008-Champions.aspx

Craig Montgomery
08-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Its taken me awhile too but I think I found the schedule for this years awards banquet: /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

http://www.cmraracing.com/pdf/2009/Schedules/tws_apr_schedule.pdf

Craig Clark
08-06-2009, 01:59 PM
The funny thing is I always hear this is a member owned club and our opinion counts. Yet I have yet to see that. It just gets old. I dont speek out very much on here but I think the AWARDS Presentation at TWS is a bad Idea. It is nice to see people outside of the racing invironment.I have always been told the tickets sold pay for the banquet am I wrong. This is my 2 cents. Heck maybe we can find something in the Houston Galveston area I would be glad to help.

Christopher Corder
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
the banquet does not pay for itself.

I understand the frustration but ultimately, it is our job to put on races, nothing else. Everything else is gravy and this just aint a gravy year.

Barry Nichols
08-10-2009, 12:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Craig Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The funny thing is I always hear this is a member owned club and our opinion counts. Yet I have yet to see that. It just gets old. </div></div>

There were no banquets when I began racing in the early 90's. The club finances simply would not support it. The softball fields in Henderson were the venue, and paper certificates were the end of year award. The last decade has been good for the club with a large portion of that success due to generous donations from the membership. The membership is now hurting as is the rest of the country. The BoD is working very hard to ensure the longevity of the CMRA. Banquet tickets do pay for a portion of the event, but not all and right now everything here in the club needs to make good fiscal sense. I would ask that anyone questioning and unhappy for this decision know that BoD members ARE the membership of the CMRA and we try very hard to make popular decisions when prudent. A BIG Banquet in 2009 is simply not prudent.
Lastly, inaccurate statements like the above do not help anything and create a negative opinion for new members and the general public who may not know better. The CMRA is a very responsive organization and a few minutes of browsing the message board should turn up plenty of evidence to support that.

Jeremy Kidd
08-10-2009, 01:36 PM
SO just to throw out a "THOUGHT"... We manage to have fundraisers for all kinds of things can we not manage to put together some sort of "FUND RAISER"? I would be willing to help in this effort. I am sure many others would be willing to assist as well.

I enjoyed last year and getting the chance to know some of my fellow competitors that I had not had a chance to meet all year long. I know we have some real "MASTER MINDS" out there. Lets put those good "OLD" thinking caps on and come up with some ideas on how we can arrange this.

Steve McNamara
08-10-2009, 08:03 PM
The expense is one aspect as well as event logistics, planning, etc....
This 2009 season has been pretty bleak for the club.
Good luck on a fund raiser. It could help pay for some food at TWS.

Craig Montgomery
08-11-2009, 09:57 AM
I didn't know this stuff. Makes sense now.

Scott Buckley
08-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Although there is no banquet, will there still be championship awards? Endurance and sprint?

Chris Randle
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
At the track is my understanding.

Alan Phillips
08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
how will they do sprint awards if there will be sprints on sunday and things will change?

Chuck Ergle
08-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I"m only typing this because it's my 1000th post. Do I get an end-of-season award for that?

Danny Clark
08-11-2009, 10:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck Ergle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I"m only typing this because it's my 1000th post. Do I get an end-of-season award for that? </div></div>

Noob! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Oh wait.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

j/k Chuckie

Ted Phillips
08-12-2009, 11:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan Phillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how will they do sprint awards if there will be sprints on sunday and things will change?</div></div>

It's obviously up to you to finish in your assigned spot.

I keed. My understanding was that they were going to have the top 3 contenders showcased at the ceremony and awards would be given out after actual results were final.

Steve McNamara
08-12-2009, 08:25 PM
If the sprint championship is wrapped up already the EOY award will be presented Saturday evening. If not, on Sunday afternoon.

Alan Phillips
08-14-2009, 09:50 AM
if thats true does that mean there not going to have your name and pictures on them like last year

Alan Phillips
08-14-2009, 09:51 AM
or will they just mail the awards

Ronnie Hay
08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Already covered those bases.

Names and pictures will be ready when the championship is decided.

cossatot
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I thought we were all liberal enough to all just get participant awards....who keeps score anyway? I think we should all get an award just for showing up.....oh, wait a minute, I wouldn't get one then would I? How 'bout I mail in a pict of myself and $100, could I get first place in something then? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif