PDA

View Full Version : Race in Mexico Nov 10,11

Charles Brothers
10-05-2002, 08:27 PM
We had some visitors from Mexico at our last race.
One of them was a representative from AMM-DIPSA (kinda like the AMA)
They have two races left on their 2002 schedule, one of which is in Saltillo on Nov 10, 11
I've been there. The track is (or used to be called) the Autodromo del Norte.
Its a pretty nice track, only about 100 km west of Monterrey.
That's all I know. If you want more info, you dig it up.
The guy's name is Roger Gonzales Here's his contact numbers:
www.amm.5cy.com (http://www.amm.5cy.com)
0181-8266-1644-Y 45
0181-8031-5006
NEXTEL CLAVE 136408*2
rogergt@hotmail.com

The other remaining race is at Aguascalientes, AGS., (wherever that is) on Nov 31, Dec 1

He was wanting for us to get together and have a race in Feb of next year at Monterrey,
like we used to. I like the idea personally, but I don't want to get in that debate.

Charles Brothers
10-05-2002, 08:27 PM
We had some visitors from Mexico at our last race.
One of them was a representative from AMM-DIPSA (kinda like the AMA)
They have two races left on their 2002 schedule, one of which is in Saltillo on Nov 10, 11
I've been there. The track is (or used to be called) the Autodromo del Norte.
Its a pretty nice track, only about 100 km west of Monterrey.
That's all I know. If you want more info, you dig it up.
The guy's name is Roger Gonzales Here's his contact numbers:
www.amm.5cy.com (http://www.amm.5cy.com)
0181-8266-1644-Y 45
0181-8031-5006
NEXTEL CLAVE 136408*2
rogergt@hotmail.com

The other remaining race is at Aguascalientes, AGS., (wherever that is) on Nov 31, Dec 1

He was wanting for us to get together and have a race in Feb of next year at Monterrey,
like we used to. I like the idea personally, but I don't want to get in that debate.

Jeff Grant
10-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Hmmm... interesting. My wife is from Mexico City and we visit once a year. Great way to go for another visit... see the relatives... at the track that is. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

A couple years ago, my wifes cousin was 'Rookie of the Year' in Mexico's national motorcross series and is big into sportbikes... says this track is pretty cool. Granted, we haven't talked about it in a while, but for what it's worth, I'm gonna see if I can dig up some info.

As are as racing at another track... as long as it's in the same, or better shape, than Oak Hill, I'd be interested in going.

Anyway...

Jeff Grant
10-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Hmmm... interesting. My wife is from Mexico City and we visit once a year. Great way to go for another visit... see the relatives... at the track that is. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

A couple years ago, my wifes cousin was 'Rookie of the Year' in Mexico's national motorcross series and is big into sportbikes... says this track is pretty cool. Granted, we haven't talked about it in a while, but for what it's worth, I'm gonna see if I can dig up some info.

As are as racing at another track... as long as it's in the same, or better shape, than Oak Hill, I'd be interested in going.

Anyway...

marcus mcbain
10-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if it is still one title per person on the 30k border check?

marcus mcbain
10-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if it is still one title per person on the 30k border check?

Jeff Grant
10-05-2002, 10:11 PM
Marcus... personally, I don't really know what you're getting at, but my wife said that, when crossing in a car, the car has to be registered to the person driving. From there, you are issued a sticket that is good for a maximum of 6 months... for a small fee... like $20 or something. Granted, she hasn't traveled to Mexico via a car, crossing the border in a while, so ya know.

Jeff Grant
10-05-2002, 10:11 PM
Marcus... personally, I don't really know what you're getting at, but my wife said that, when crossing in a car, the car has to be registered to the person driving. From there, you are issued a sticket that is good for a maximum of 6 months... for a small fee... like $20 or something. Granted, she hasn't traveled to Mexico via a car, crossing the border in a while, so ya know.

marcus mcbain
10-05-2002, 10:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jeff Grant:
Marcus... personally, I don't really know what you're getting at, but my wife said that, when crossing in a car, the car has to be registered to the person driving. From there, you are issued a sticket that is good for a maximum of 6 months... for a small fee... like $20 or something. Granted, she hasn't traveled to Mexico via a car, crossing the border in a while, so ya know.</div></div>Jeff,

Last time I raced in Mexico was a hassle, because you (as one individual) could not bring your car (in your name), bike (in your name), and any other titled vehicle (in your name) by yourself. The policy was designed to keep vehicles from being sold while in Mexico (I believe). Also, getting insurance on your vehicle (if you had a lien holder (i.e. Bank) was also a pain)

This was not applicable if you were just going into the border towns, but rather if you were going into Mexico where there is a checkpoint about 30K (Kilometers) into Mexico.

marcus mcbain
10-05-2002, 10:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jeff Grant:
Marcus... personally, I don't really know what you're getting at, but my wife said that, when crossing in a car, the car has to be registered to the person driving. From there, you are issued a sticket that is good for a maximum of 6 months... for a small fee... like $20 or something. Granted, she hasn't traveled to Mexico via a car, crossing the border in a while, so ya know.</div></div>Jeff,

Last time I raced in Mexico was a hassle, because you (as one individual) could not bring your car (in your name), bike (in your name), and any other titled vehicle (in your name) by yourself. The policy was designed to keep vehicles from being sold while in Mexico (I believe). Also, getting insurance on your vehicle (if you had a lien holder (i.e. Bank) was also a pain)

This was not applicable if you were just going into the border towns, but rather if you were going into Mexico where there is a checkpoint about 30K (Kilometers) into Mexico.

marcus mcbain
10-05-2002, 10:20 PM
30K at the Neuvo Laredo crossing anyway.

marcus mcbain
10-05-2002, 10:20 PM
30K at the Neuvo Laredo crossing anyway.

Jeff Grant
10-06-2002, 01:47 AM
Ok... the insurance thing I knew of, but the rest, I'm unsure about. Hmmm... maybe my relatives down south can lend some helpful info. Anyway, how IS the track(s) down there?

Jeff Grant
10-06-2002, 01:47 AM
Ok... the insurance thing I knew of, but the rest, I'm unsure about. Hmmm... maybe my relatives down south can lend some helpful info. Anyway, how IS the track(s) down there?

Charles Brothers
10-06-2002, 09:31 AM
According to Roger, the border crossing policy is the same.
One vehicle per person, & a credit card comes in mighty handy.
The Autopista is said to be complete now from the Columbia bridge.
No need to circle back on Hwy 2, aka the "culture shock" highway.

Charles Brothers
10-06-2002, 09:31 AM
According to Roger, the border crossing policy is the same.
One vehicle per person, & a credit card comes in mighty handy.
The Autopista is said to be complete now from the Columbia bridge.
No need to circle back on Hwy 2, aka the "culture shock" highway.

Jack Giesecke
10-06-2002, 06:10 PM
I went to Monterrey in 80 and I was never so glad to get back! Take plenty of 20s for the border guards. The title thing, I have no title for either of my race bikes. Guess I'll have to stay home. Awe, shucks.

Jack Giesecke
10-06-2002, 06:10 PM
I went to Monterrey in 80 and I was never so glad to get back! Take plenty of 20s for the border guards. The title thing, I have no title for either of my race bikes. Guess I'll have to stay home. Awe, shucks.

marcus mcbain
10-06-2002, 06:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jack Giesecke:
I went to Monterrey in 80 and I was never so glad to get back! Take plenty of 20s for the border guards. The title thing, I have no title for either of my race bikes. Guess I'll have to stay home. Awe, shucks.</div></div>I was told that you can't get away with that anymore. It cost me 100.00 the last time I went, because I kept giving 20.00 bills to everyone at the 30k check point. Well, I had to see 5 different people. I don't know if I needed to even "tip", but I did get through the line the quickest /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

The key to getting in there is to have 2 or three people go so you can have a body per title, call the Mexican Counsolate (SP?), and be ready ahead of time (now).

Marcus

marcus mcbain
10-06-2002, 06:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jack Giesecke:
I went to Monterrey in 80 and I was never so glad to get back! Take plenty of 20s for the border guards. The title thing, I have no title for either of my race bikes. Guess I'll have to stay home. Awe, shucks.</div></div>I was told that you can't get away with that anymore. It cost me 100.00 the last time I went, because I kept giving 20.00 bills to everyone at the 30k check point. Well, I had to see 5 different people. I don't know if I needed to even "tip", but I did get through the line the quickest /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

The key to getting in there is to have 2 or three people go so you can have a body per title, call the Mexican Counsolate (SP?), and be ready ahead of time (now).

Marcus