PDA

View Full Version : AARP Eligible Racers Needed for 2010

E. Templet
12-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Come on Fellow Grandparents, let's have some fun.

I'm looking a couple or three riders that would like to go in partnership on a 600cc bike and do some endurance races. I was thinking of doing 5 races but I am flexible. I think a decent well set up older 600 can be had for a decent price ($4k limit on the bike cost) but I'm flexible on that.

Team goal; bring it home in one piece, have fun, get some exercise and adult beverages after the race is over.

Dwayne Brown
12-01-2009, 08:50 AM
I have a 04 gsxr 600 for sale

keggert
12-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Do you have an age cut off your thinking of???

E. Templet
12-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Age descrimination? Absolutely not !! Just mature, experienced racers, settled down, no dreams of being the next Ben Spies <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif able to afford to race, and split the costs. Professional, focused, but willing to accept the ups and downs cheerfully.

It'd be real fun if we could get some of those retired Fast Guys back into endurance racing.

mnellis
12-06-2009, 08:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Eggert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have an age cut off your thinking of??? </div></div>

Uh oh, Kevin takes a year off then the virus hits him hard..... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Danny Clark
12-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Mike it sounds like you need to come back and race!!

mark niemi
12-07-2009, 02:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike it sounds like you need to come back and race!! </div></div>

i heard dat.

keggert
12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Mike, it was a tough year for me. If I had a race bike I would of went to a couple races. What about you, do you have the urge to jump back on a bike?

John Hutchinson
12-09-2009, 12:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike it sounds like you need to come back and race!! </div></div>

+1

E. Templet
12-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Come on Mike... we'll pass a good time yah !!

mnellis
12-12-2009, 12:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Eggert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, it was a tough year for me. If I had a race bike I would of went to a couple races. What about you, do you have the urge to jump back on a bike? </div></div>

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Trust me, the pull of the race track is strong but I've got too many irons in the fire and not enough resources(time or money) to go around right now.

I'll be watching for you guys though and save me a spot in the camping area for some spectating.

When I do get back out there, you can be sure I'll be riding on whatever John and his team are selling.

E. Templet
12-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I guess I'll give up and just run Solos. I've tried this too many times already.

Good luck guys !!

Bill Klindworth
12-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Would be interested but we're already going to run a Two Old Guys team next season - sorry