PDA

View Full Version : Peek at 2010 Rule Changes

Alan Etheredge
12-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Following are the significant Rule Book decisions made during the November 29 meeting of the Board of Directors. This is not a final or exhaustive list of changes:

+ALL license applications must include proof of the applicant's age (copy of photo DL or gov't ID, copy of birth certificate for youngsters, etc)

+BOTH PARENTS MUST SIGN A RELEASE FOR MINORS; this is a one-time requirement when the minor's license application is submitted (parent not required to be at the track - a notarized release may be submitted; there wil be no grace provided for this requirement; a certification by the surviving parent will be accepted if a parent is deceased)

+C-SB and C-SS endurance will be combined to a single class under C-Superbike rules

+Endurance teams will be prohibited from working on bikes during red-flag periods; the time penalty assessed to the team that causes a red flag will be elimininated; tire warmers will be allowed during red-flag periods (get those generators and extension cords ready - the bikes will be lined-up on pit road in front of your pit but away from the pit wall so everyone can see it is 'untouched' <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

+The classes used for determinig the #1 plate / top experts will be rolled back to the list in the 2008/initial 2009 rule book (only classes with discrete Expert designations - no combined EX/Nov classes)

More to come but these are the big items for now.

Keith Hertell
12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
What about water-cooled inline 4's in F2?

Keith Hertell
12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
And what does 96' change in Classic. I'm just curious.

gssbmm
12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
it makes honda superhawks illegal along with a few other bikes, which doesn't bother me much as I now live in DC and don't plan on sprinting next year :-)

Wil Kitchens
12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
in 2009, bikes manufactured in '97 or older were ellegible for classic - and thus could ride down a class. I believe (but I'm not positive on this) that the cutoff year has gone up every year up until now. This rule change would keep the more 'modern' 600's from competing in classic, and from being able to ride down a class.

At least, that's what I'm thinking...

Gil Epperson
12-03-2009, 09:04 PM
So with the discrete Expert clause does that mean Classic points are no longer going to be counted? Will F40 points still count? Needing to know so I can ensure I have at least 3 races to run in for total points.

As far as Classic with a 96 cut off it eliminates the GSXR SRAD which was not made until 97 but the 750 was made in 96 but guessing it will be considered a HW

Alan Etheredge
12-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Gill, here's the list from the un-amended 2009 Rule Book (still available on the Forms page, FYI). This is what the 2010 rule will be. In other words, the February 11, 2009 &quot;Addendum 1&quot; will not be carried forward to the 2010 Rule Book.

....the following classes:
A Superstock A Superbike Heavyweight Twins
B Superstock B Superbike Lightweight Twins
C Superstock C Superbike Formula 1
D Superstock D Superbike Formula 2

(you were right, Ty, I should have just put the list in the post <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

Alan Etheredge
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Keith, as I stated, this is not a complete list of potential changes, just those voted at the Nov 29 meeting. I've no idea if anything is being considred for F2, for that you'll have to wait for the final book.

Ronald Harris
12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Reason for no work during a red flag?

Gil Epperson
12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Well I usually do not complain but I will now. After 4 years here I just finally break into the top 10 Expert and 2 of the 4 races I run now no longer count towards totals. That is just wrong. I understand the issues with F40 restricting people to enter due to age but Classics is open to anyone and to lose those points I might as well park it because no F3 without Dustin on it is going to get points against Derek and the others on a 600 so us old farts get booted again,please reconsider the Classic points they do do descrimate towards anyone enter it is a bike class just like the others or reconsider the F3 for SSD since we run against the same guys in SBD.

Sorry Ty but you were wrong on this one I am not happy at all,but love your class and hope to see you soon.

Danny Clark
12-03-2009, 11:39 PM
I better start working on my heavyweight classic now! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif I wonder if it's ok if it looks like a 2006 gsxr 1000? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif

Alan Etheredge
12-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Whoa, my aside to Ty had to do with the text of my post which I asked the BoD to review to ensure I had the technical provisions right - he suggested I just include the list of classes instead of the language I used to try to describe it.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">That cannot not be construed as me revealing how a particular BoD member voted; BoD votes are by &quot;count of hands&quot; not by &quot;roll-call&quot; and the votes of Directors are priviledged to the confines of the Boardroom</span></span>

Gil Epperson
12-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I know Alan that was in reference to a reply he sent me that I would be happy with the rule changes LOL No worries it is all good as far as Ty goes it was in fun. Still going to lobby for reconsideration of those class points because it does hurt someone like me and a few others as well

Ty Howard
12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
LOL!!! No worries Gil. I was hoping you would like the divided classes for Classics. Hopefully we will be able to annouce more good news about Classics soon.

The expert #1 plate was a greatly discussed topic. Its hard to make everyone happy with the rule. Trust me, every BOD did alot of research on the subject. After the vote, this is what we thought was best for the CMRA.

Hope to see ya soon.

Gil Epperson
12-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Now if you are going to tell me Classic will be broken up into Expert and Novice LW and HW well then it would count right? I love being out there racing and enjoy having a goal but unfortuantely it takes the best 3 finishes and if you only had 4 to start with and dropped to 2 it makes it tough. I might even have an extra F3 laying around on race day if you want to come out and play :))) Take care

John Orchard
12-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Ty's been doing a great job of answering everyone's questions, so I guess I'll take this one.

This was another really good discussion by the board with lots of great points brought up by everyone. In the end we voted to align our rules with the other endurance series around the country for further consistency and to continue to emphasize the performance on the track and in the pits under green flag, and take the potential red flag gains and losses out of the equation of the race result.

I've raced a few times with these rules and it really adds a great aspect to the race. I'm looking forward to giving it a try in our series for 2010.

Chris Fields
12-04-2009, 10:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan Etheredge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

+Endurance teams will be prohibited from working on bikes during red-flag periods;
</div></div>

Does the definition of &quot;work&quot; also include fueling? I presume it does, but just wanted to make sure.

Technically placing tire warmers on the bike could be considering &quot;work&quot; as well, though it's obvious that is being allowed for safety reasons.

Chris Fields
12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Orchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ty's been doing a great job of answering everyone's questions, so I guess I'll take this one.

This was another really good discussion by the board with lots of great points brought up by everyone. In the end we voted to align our rules with the other endurance series around the country for further consistency and to continue to emphasize the performance on the track and in the pits under green flag, and take the potential red flag gains and losses out of the equation of the race result.

I've raced a few times with these rules and it really adds a great aspect to the race. I'm looking forward to giving it a try in our series for 2010. </div></div>

Yep, it'll definitely make things more interesting (intense) for sure.

Danny Clark
12-04-2009, 12:33 PM
My question is does breaking &quot;Classics Unlimited&quot; into Heavyweight / Lightweight classes really make sense? Is the CBR600F3 considered lightweight or heavyweight in classics? Other than Hector on his YZF 750 I don't think anyone rode anything bigger than the CBR600f3 in 2009 and in 2008 I think only Robert Marsh rode a SRAD 750 against a field of F3's.

Will there be anyone to run &quot;Heavyweight Classics&quot; in 2010?

gssbmm
12-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Danny I think my bike and hector's were the only ones that would be heavyweight from last year.

my question would be with the HW/LW split will there be enough racers to have the 4 racer average for a chamionship to be awarded per section 6.4 CMRA Sprint Series Points and Awards

I would think a hw/lw split would work better buy going back to the 07 rule book 10year moving bar which would open up the bikes avalable and not have the f3's being stomped by 98 r1's and give those bikes a place to not be stomped on by the 09 r1's :-)

but that just the thoughts of a guy who has no plans of sprinting next year anyway.....fwiw

Danny Clark
12-04-2009, 12:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gamba Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Danny I think my bike and hector's were the only ones that would be heavyweight from last year.
my question would be with the HW/LW split will there be enough racers to have the 4 racer average for a championship to be awarded per section 6.4 CMRA Sprint Series Points and Awards </div></div>

That and any contingency money was going to be my next point....

Robert Cash
12-04-2009, 01:37 PM
What you should have said is that C-SS Endurance has been eliminated.

pecanflyboy
12-04-2009, 03:16 PM
&quot;+C-SB and C-SS endurance will be combined to a single class under C-Superbike rules&quot;

In other words, C class superstock has been eliminated so that the Superbike teams can get their contingency money. I've been biting my lip on this issue, but there it is. The goal should be to increase the size of the grid, no create rules that may limit it.

There have been comments about the rider being more important than the equipment, and I agree. But, why stack the deck even higher against an endurance team, looking to keep cost down by riding SS? Not only is a new team behind the curve on experience and lap times, but now they will be behind the curve on equipment, unless you are willing to spend the money. The insinuation will be that to be competitive, you need to SBK equip you bike. Where is the INCREASED incentive to ride C-class endurance?

Another HUGE issue is that you will not be able to work on your bike during the red flags, giving the SBKís even more of an advantage (quick fills and change equipment, plus more gas in the tank). The red flag used to be an equalizer.

SBK advantages: Fat tank gives 15 minutes more between pits (at least one fewer pit than SS, Quick fill and quick change equipment (laps worth of time), Stronger motors

SuperBIKE rules for C class endurance advantages: CONTINGENCY money for the SBK teams! What am I missing?

SuperSTOCK rules for C class endurance advantages: Easier and cheaper to competitively race, increasing the potential grid size. Safer, because a new team wonít be racing with a 75 minute tank or other equipment that may push an inexperienced rider past their limit. Contingency money for the experienced, former SBK teams. Cheaper to modify a SBK to a SSÖ.heck, you might even put some money in your pocket.

It just makes no sense to me, that we are combining the classes because the economy is bad, but we are doing it in a way that has the potential to reduce the overall size of the grid, and make it more expensive to competitively race.

I urge the BOD to reconsider, and do what is best for the CMRA as a whole.

Sincerely,
Jimmy

Gil Epperson
12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I think they did the right thing as it now gives a place for everyone to run even the SBK and in SS trim running on slicks is much better,hell we ran a 600RR in SS trim and finished 3rd in A
class against 1Ks so staying on the track is what it is about not just trick toys.

Keith Hertell
12-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Gil we already HAD a place for everybody to run whatever they wanted.
Why change it? Oh, yea, $$$.
If the SS guys wanted to run SBK they would have done it.

Dan Blankenship
12-04-2009, 10:59 PM
On the other end...with SBK rules for all there will be no motor tear down protests which makes life easier for tech. And honestly..all last season bikes with quick change systems were in the minority but there were a lot of big fuel cans.

The one thing that I don't see in any of the discussion is a better classic structure that includes any more bikes that the last structure did...other than the division of LW and HW bikes. Which is not much of a structure to talk about.

Gil Epperson
12-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Actually Dan the LW will help those guys on the 350s that were at Cresson to run in a LW class and not have to go against the bigger bikes which will give them a second race besides Clubman. My big concern is the loss of Expert total points which still makes no sense and still waiting an explanation since this is a bike class like all the others and not a age or person restricted class like th F40 was

Ryan Rutkowski
12-05-2009, 03:37 AM
I would think that the F2/F3 would be considered LW since we currently allow them to run in LW practice. However for just the classic class they COULD be considered HW. This would give people like the 350, fzr400 and ex500 (me) a better shot at doing well <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif (hey I'll take all the gimmie wins I can get lol)

Gil Epperson
12-05-2009, 04:27 AM
I agree Ryan and look forward to any changes that would bring more Classic bikes out but still do not feel points should be taken away that way It leaves a lot of us Classic riders with only 2 races that count towards points unless we can get the F2/3 back into SSD. Leaving only F2 and SBD hey I just want a chance at the points totals not be out of it before it even starts.

Ryan Rutkowski
12-05-2009, 05:04 AM
I can understand Gil. This year was the first time for me to get expert points as well, and seeing that I only race 2 races that are both NOV/EXP races than it will change.

Keith Hertell
12-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Dan, there are almost zero motor tear downs w/ the SS rules.

pecanflyboy
12-05-2009, 05:18 PM
This is my last word on this issue, because it's beating a dead horse. Keith is absolutely right, and he speaks from experience. Both classes should be run, and if there are not enough SBK teams for contingency, then they need to build a SS bike. The primary concern should be cost to CMRA and getting as many teams on the grid as possible. I think the cost to run both classes is negligible to the CMRA. JUDGE THIS RULE CHANGE, AS IF CONTINGENCY DID NOT EXIST, AND TELL ME IT MAKES SENSE!

It was stated that this change will allow all teams to run on short notice, with their existing equipment. See above. Old rules, everyone can run. The statement should read, &quot;With this change, everyone can run in 2010 on their current equipment, we have contingency money, and the SBK's will have a clear advantage because the SS's don't have the time or money to upgrade.&quot; It's much easier and cheaper for a SBK team to go SS, versus the other way. Plus, there are fewer SBK teams needing to change, than SS.

It's not about past results, it's about perception. Keith is correct about what a new team perceives needs to be done, to be competative. I'M THAT GUY! I'm not going to spend thousands of dollars, hundreds of manhours, and risk life and limb to build a bike that is already two pit stops behind the competition! I know this is club racing and that we do it for fun, but this is a total buzz kill to my mental masturbation of standing on the podium one day.

Iím too junior a member to understand the politics of this organization, and Iím disappointed that it appears that they do exist. Iím going to quit commenting, as these forums tend to burn bridges.

Iíll be on the grid next year with a new team. We are currently working on a fat tank design. Itís gonna have something to do with duct tape, and a 2 gallon tank on a helmet, piped into the tank. I hope it passes techÖ..hehehe. This is the best I could come up with, as I are an Aggie enginere.
Jimmy

Walter Walker
12-06-2009, 12:00 AM
The wording for the listed rule changes will be ready soon.

Please stand by.......

Dirk Anderson
12-06-2009, 01:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan Etheredge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Following are the significant Rule Book decisions made during the November 29 meeting of the Board of Directors. This is not a final or exhaustive list of changes:

+ALL license applications must include proof of the applicant's age (copy of photo DL or gov't ID, copy of birth certificate for youngsters, etc)

+BOTH PARENTS MUST SIGN A RELEASE FOR MINORS; this is a one-time requirement when the minor's license application is submitted (parent not required to be at the track - a notarized release may be submitted; there wil be no grace provided for this requirement; a certification by the surviving parent will be accepted if a parent is deceased)

+The cutoff year for Classic will be lowered to 1996; Classic will be divided to LW/HW with both classes run in the same race

+C-SB and C-SS endurance will be combined to a single class under C-Superbike rules

+Endurance teams will be prohibited from working on bikes during red-flag periods; the time penalty assessed to the team that causes a red flag will be elimininated; tire warmers will be allowed during red-flag periods (get those generators and extension cords ready - the bikes will be lined-up on pit road in front of your pit but away from the pit wall so everyone can see it is 'untouched' <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

+The classes used for determinig the #1 plate / top experts will be rolled back to the list in the 2008/initial 2009 rule book (only classes with discrete Expert designations - no combined EX/Nov classes)

More to come but these are the big items for now.

</div></div>

Alan,

Can you or someone clarify the both parents rule for me?

I am a single father and I have sole custody of my son. His mother is not even in the picture and I personally don't even want to try to hassle with contacting her just to get a notorized release. She is not deceased obviously but also lives 3 hours away.

What can I do in a case like this where I am the sole provider and caregiver of the child?

Keith Hertell
12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Is that something required ny Ins. now or did the BOD have it recommended by a lawyer. I'm curious because this was brought up about 10 years ago and was voted down.

Alan Etheredge
12-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Dirk - PM sent, plz call

Bill Erzal
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Classics rule: so it sounds like my carbureted í97 SRAD GSXR 600 is no longer Classic legal?? If thatís true it means a). no sprint classes I can race next year and b). CMRA looses another long time member and loyal paying customer, at least for now. Damn, ruins my dayÖ

Mark Kline
12-07-2009, 10:37 PM
im not talking for the cmra.....but i think if ur bike the same as a 96 gsxr carb not fuel inj 600 srad......i think ur aloud to run it...they make a honda f3 600 till about 98 really no diff. from 96 to 98 hona f3....no fuel inj till the f4..im sure Walter will clear things up.......i think the rules r for no fuel inj bikes and keeping it below a 600cc bike..a 97 carb R1 would be illegal maybe ther should be a lt and hw classic class 600 under light and over 600 heavy....

Bill Erzal
12-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Mark, thanks for your comments. The carburated GSX-R 600 was the same from 1997 to 2000 - then they started fuel injection on that bike. It was not produced for several years prior to that. Walter, could you confirm this rule change? My hope at the end of last season was the bike be legal for Classic and F2 (not D-super or F40LW, which I did race at some events). Give me somewhere to race. Thanks, Bill.

Mark Kline
12-08-2009, 12:11 AM
what year did they start making the srad. And ya running out of classes to run the f3 or srads to run for major points this year........dont get me wrong i like the ideal of thes bikes in tha D classes stock or super...for bigger grids....i know Mr Falt really doesnt care to much for it...thes bikes should run on cut tires ......Shake and Bake is the only person who bet Falt on a f2....he would hav bet Mr falt on a SV too though......

Van Blaylock
12-08-2009, 01:19 AM
srad = suzuki ram air direct.

The first Suzuki to feature Suzuki Ram Air Direct was the GSXR-750; it was fuel injected.

Danny Clark
12-08-2009, 05:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Van Blaylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">srad = suzuki ram air direct.

The first Suzuki to feature Suzuki Ram Air Direct was the GSXR-750; it was fuel injected. </div></div> not true, the first two years it existed it was carbureted.... same goes for the 97 SRAD 600.

Dan Blankenship
12-08-2009, 10:55 AM
I had suggested using the WERA Vintage rules as a yardstick to run the Vintage classes or bring in WERA Vintage so that Vintage racers could get points to go to the Nationals at the end of the year as well as add some cross over events and attract racers from other regions. Looks as if that thought fell by the wayside.
Please put in a real Vintage structure and not some half hearted effort so that racers with older machines have a place to race, these classes can be indexed into the current structure with some mild effort while not adding to the number of existing races on the schedule already.

Dan Blankenship
12-08-2009, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Erzal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Classics rule: so it sounds like my carbureted í97 SRAD GSXR 600 is no longer Classic legal?? If thatís true it means a). no sprint classes I can race next year and b). CMRA looses another long time member and loyal paying customer, at least for now. Damn, ruins my dayÖ</div></div>

Bill, I am for seeing you run that bike...and seeing it classed correctly.

Gil Epperson
12-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately the 600 SRAD did not appear until 97 but the 750 SRAD did appear in 96 which would make it legal,I know I am shooting myself in the foot here since the 750 is much stronger than the F3 and with the LW/HW new setup I will have to run against them. I was hoping to see you and your bike Bill for sure the best challenge has been trying to beat the really fast guys so put a 750 motor in that thing and lets have some fun.

Ty Howard
12-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Dan, the WERA vintage stuff was discussed at the BOD meeting. Walter is discussing options with Evelyn.

Danny Clark
12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
How about letting the pre 95 bikes ride down a class and the 96-97 bikes NOT ride down a class? This would put the SRAD 600 in the heavyweight classics class and the F3 in the lightweight classics class. That way everyone could still ride their existing bikes. just a thought.

Bill Erzal
12-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm surprised...are we really expecting to see such an influx of classic racers to divide HW vs. LW? I could maybe imagine more LW bikes but the 600's would all be HW anyway, right?

Gil, that's hilarious - get a 750 motor and call it a '96...LOL!

Danny Clark
12-08-2009, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Erzal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm surprised...are we really expecting to see such an influx of classic racers to divide HW vs. LW? </div></div>

I agree but thats what they said they were doing...

Tony Ta
12-08-2009, 01:59 PM
this is all confusing....we may need further clarification on this matter.

Christopher Corder
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Erzal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm surprised...are we really expecting to see such an influx of classic racers to divide HW vs. LW? </div></div>

the idea is to work something out with WERA to allow our HUGE contingent of vintage racers (wink) to collect national points. this required an adjustment of classes.

Gil Epperson
12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
That is fine but let us also consider making the Nov and Expert be seperated and follow the minumum 4 rider rule as in all classes be in effect otherwise none of the expert points count and it would be in line with all the other orgs,but to adjust it only half way is just that halfway.

Bill there was no frame change on the SRAD 600 just the motor so yes I can not see how the 750 legal motor would not be legal as it would be a 96 motor.

Keith Hertell
12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
OK, I'm getting confused now.

A 96 750 IS legal and the 97 IS NOT since that is FI'd. Right?

Gil Epperson
12-08-2009, 03:43 PM
No the 600 went to the SRAD motor in 97 making it not legal but since the 750 was a SRAD in 96 it is, Nothing to do with FI at all

mrpackrat
12-08-2009, 06:55 PM
The 750 was first manufactured in 95 as a 96 model, the first of the srad 600 was manufactured in 96 as a 97 model. The 750 went fuel injected in 98 model.. the 600 went fuel injected sometime after that..

Dan Blankenship
12-09-2009, 02:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ty Howard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan, the WERA vintage stuff was discussed at the BOD meeting. Walter is discussing options with Evelyn.
</div></div>

Guys...a big thanks for this one. I was probably the biggest noise maker for this one...or at least stirred the noise up...and it does feel good to be heard.

Dan Blankenship
12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriscorder325</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Erzal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm surprised...are we really expecting to see such an influx of classic racers to divide HW vs. LW? </div></div>

the idea is to work something out with WERA to allow our HUGE contingent of vintage racers (wink) to collect national points. this required an adjustment of classes. </div></div>

Might be big...could be small...but if it does come to pass me and a few friends are going to plaster this everywhere. And there will be cherry pickers trying to come in from other regions to steal points for the GNF.

Christopher Corder
12-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I actually really hope it works out. I actually really dig vintage bikes. I went to an AHRMA weekend once and it was excellent. Nothing like watching them race hand shift motorcycles, dragging hard parts through every turn.

Keith Hertell
12-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Is this Classic or Vintage?

I work on several AHRMA bikes and I think those guys would show up if CMRA had Vintage again. 60's Ducati's, Triumph's and BSA's and the occasional RD.

Bill Erzal
12-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Itís going to be tricky making room for all the AHRMA and WERA vintage guys just by splitting up our classic race to LW/HW. You guys have given this much more thought than me but WERA has like 10 vintage classes and AHRMA have dozens. BTW the WERA rules for their V-7 class states ďPre 1996Ē not up to 1996 like weíre talking about on this thread.

No SRAD GSX-Rís are eligible in WERA Vintage since they didnít come out until 1996, and that was the 750 Ė the 600 didnít come out until 1997. All Honda F2ís and F3ís are allowed to run V7 Mediumweight.

Just providing some facts here guys... Gil is right, the way this thread reads you could race a 1996 SRAD GSXR-750 in Classic HW. That bike had the same frame as my bike (1997 GSX-R 600) but came with inverted fully adjustable forks, which my bike does not have. Iím crossing my fingers that Iíll have a place to race next year, Walter messaged me and said he was working on it so Iím sure weíll get something worked out.

Christopher Corder
12-09-2009, 05:02 PM
bill is right, walter is working on it. please disregard my comments about vintage. i am mixing two subjects here. sorry.

Mark Kline
12-09-2009, 06:15 PM
man that would be cool if we could earn vinage points thru cmra to go to gnf.....tha f2 f3 legal in v6 hw and v7hw.....hope this is not just a rumor !

RICHARD MCFARLAND
12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
No work under red...I like it...should have been that way from the beginning

Dewayne Davis
12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dicki McFarland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No work under red...I like it...should have been that way from the beginning </div></div>

+1

Dan Blankenship
12-09-2009, 08:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Kline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man that would be cool if we could earn vinage points thru cmra to go to gnf.....tha f2 f3 legal in v6 hw and v7hw.....hope this is not just a rumor ! </div></div>

It would be a V7Mw. V6 is for pre 86 bikes I believe.

Dan Blankenship
12-09-2009, 08:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriscorder325</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually really hope it works out. I actually really dig vintage bikes. I went to an AHRMA weekend once and it was excellent. Nothing like watching them race hand shift motorcycles, dragging hard parts through every turn. </div></div>

Yeah...they are cool.

Mark Kline
12-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Dan ur right v6 hw 1990 under ....but i look closer and they hav v7 mw and hw that im seeing f2 f3 entering in....is that why wher seeing a 96 cut off, because of vinage rule in other org. for points....i hope so

Dan Blankenship
12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Kline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan ur right v6 hw 1990 under ....but i look closer and they hav v7 mw and hw that im seeing f2 f3 entering in....is that why wher seeing a 96 cut off, because of vinage rule in other org. for points....i hope so</div></div>

F2 and F3 are V7Mw bikes, I am not sure if they can race up a class. But I am hoping to get a 600 ready for the class as soon as I have the funds and find a bike.

Danny Dominguez
12-10-2009, 05:39 PM
wish we could hurry and decide the classics rule.I need to know if I can race a 96 zx7r that is currently undefeated in classics orrrrrrr a 95 zx7r primarily a streetbike.

Ty Howard
12-10-2009, 07:41 PM
If a light 96 GSXR 750 is legal. I can't see a reason why a not so light ZX7R wouldn't be. LOL!!!

Walter Walker
12-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Ok, after some thought we are going to stay with 1997 for the cutoff in classic. We will be adding F2 to the list of classes that classic bikes may not ride down into.

Still looking at the WERA vintage classes, but I'm not sure we can work all those classes into our already crouded schedule.

I'll keep you all posted.

Gil Epperson
12-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Ok you are kidding right? I think it is cool Bill will be allowed to keep racing I think we will have some fun this year but since the last race when I finally won my first Championship and a 3rd as well as the number 10 plate. I have had 3 of my points races removed,kicked out os SSD and am left with just one out of 5 possible races that will count towards points,can someone please tell me how this is a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know fat old guys won't make the CMRA rich but after 4 years here riding an F3 this is how I am acknowledged. I also finished a F3 and put together a team to run F2 endurance this year so does this mean my time and money is for nothing as well?I will stop here for now.

Wil Kitchens
12-10-2009, 10:34 PM
maybe, and just maybe, after 4 years on an F3 you should wake up and realize 'oh snap, they kept trying to design a better bike after '97!'...

You're surprised that ten years later, manufacturers have made advances in motorcycle suspension, chassis, and motor design past what was available on an F3?

I can't believe that they didn't draw the line in '98 and say 'Oh [censored], guys...this is the end-all in sportbike design...put down your pencils, exit and 'do-not-save-as' your AutoCAD sessions...we can't advance any further!'

Really, if you consider that part of your top-10 expert finish was achieved in a class that a very large percentage of the CMRA isn't allowed to run because of their age(only ONE other F40 guy in the top 10), you're still sitting pretty good...

You're complaining that some of your points races are being removed, but you're still going to be able to run a class that does NOT let racers under 40 (like the #2 plate holder...his plate is damn near his age, isn't it?), and a class that everyone but you is a 650 twin...

'oh no! I'm not getting as many advantages next year!'

Honestly, you're being allowed to run an inline 4 in a v-twin class...and also being allowed to acquire points towards the championship in a class that 8/10 of the top 10 finishers from 2009 aren't even allowed to compete in...

I don't see Connor Blevins crying about not winning the number One plate because he wasn't allowed to run in Formula 40...

I think it's pretty damn cool that both Gil and Connor are both in the top 10, but Gil is given another whole class to compete in, that Connor is still....what, 34 years away from being able to compete in?

Dude, you're upset, and your I4 is still being allowed to run up against REAL lightweight twins.

If anything, the guys finishing top 10 on TWINS (cough cough FALT) should be the ones complaining about watercooled 4's being allowed in their class...not guys on 4's complaining about how they are or aren't allowed to run up against bikes with half the cylinders they have...

'boo hoo, my 600 watercooled I4 isn't going to get to race against two-cylinder bikes with less than half the power as mine!'

really? this is what you're complaining about?

maybe they should make a class for bikes that are 'old' but haven't bridged the gap to 'classic' yet...

we can see bikes like F2's and F3's racing alongside 1st gen R1's and SRAD 750's...maybe call it 'Formula StuckInThe90's'

but what do I know? I'm a 1st-year novice that spent more time running over generators and surveying the runoff area than I did on the track this past year...

whew, I've had WAY too much to drink for a Wednesday...

You want a REAL classics class? Make the cutoff '89. If it's not old enough to buy you a beer, it's not old enough to be a classic.

Gil Epperson
12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Well you obviously do not know me at all, If you read it said I used have 5 races I could run and after 4 years of friendships and getting beat by the best I was able to finally hold my own on a 14 year old bike.look at that as an accomplishment instead of being so negative and saying I have no business wanting a place to race abd belong as opposed to have my options systematically removed and as for F40 not counting I would and do completely understand that,but in all the other classes no one has even come close to placing let alone winning since Dustin D.I have made some great friends on the track and we all have rooted each other on as we raced each other and the premier riders Like Eric and Gary and Bill Tony and Alex would always help and greet me with a smile. What is wrong with wanting to fight to keep that. The best point you made was that there are other classes to get points as it only takes the best 3 results,but if I am only allowed in 1 instead of 4 it is tough especially since the class I am totally legal and open to everyone is also not counted towards points either so you tell me where do I go.

Danny Clark
12-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Cresson CCW facts..... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif
William Kitchens 265 Spring, TX Kaw ZX-6R 1:27.074
Gilbert Epperson 426 Leonard, TX Hon CBR600F3 1:23.893

Gil has to be cheating!!
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Wil Kitchens
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cresson CCW facts..... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif
William Kitchens 265 Spring, TX Kaw ZX-6R 1:27.074
Gilbert Epperson 426 Leonard, TX Hon CBR600F3 1:23.893

Gil has to be cheating!!
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

Search Results:
&lt;search criteria: Danny Clark *&amp;* Cresson CCW&gt;
No Results Found

realistically, I didn't do any research at all to back up the post I made...and the 27's are because I'm just slow.

Kinda like poking a cornered old badger with a stick just to rile it up.

Not a whole lot to it, other than to see what it'll do

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gil Epperson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> so you tell me where do I go. </div></div>
Retirement homes and communities - retirementhomes.com (http://www.retirementhomes.com)

Danny Clark
12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Lol

Danny Clark
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I had four Laps total. Last season.... but I sure have a lot of post on here! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif

Wil Kitchens
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
If I had been a member since '67, I'd have over a thousand posts too!

m2tx
12-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Just a complete newbie question with no other intentions behind it:

I thought that you picked the bike to ride based on what classes to run them in vs creating the classes that fit the bike that we currently own.

Ok, I know that there is an embedded base for those that have been running a while but is it really that difficult to switch bikes?

I'm just curious because my first bike (which I still have) is a Ducati 748. It is definitely not a classic (it's a 2002) but the design of that bike is pretty much the same as when it came out in 1994. What class can I competitively race that in? Right now, I can run SSC,SBC (or higher)but that heavy bike coupled with that motor isn't really competitive against even 5-6 yr old 600cc bikes, much less those that are 2-3 years old. I can run HW Twins but gee, it'll be going up against 1198 Ducs and RC8s as well as 2 newer generations of Ducs of similar type (749 and 848)? I can't sleeve down the motor so no running in the lower classes.

I know it's different between Expert and Novice since for Novices like me, the bike really doesn't make that much of a difference since my skills are not even close to the bikes limits but should I be lobbying for a class for that bike because I already own it?

For example, Bill had an SV (which I bought from him in March) and he went to a different bike. Is the motivation to find a bike that is 'the bike' to run a particular class?

I've always wondered why club racing has so many classes and in reality people seem to run the same bike and never really create a bike optimized for a particular class. I see superstock bikes normally compete in SBK and then ride up 1-2 classes. Are the different classes pretty much for contingency or for podium opportunities to encourage participation (check out BMWCCA club races - just showing up gets you a trophy in most classes since they don't even have 3 cars in a class and a race group will have over half a dozen classes, maybe more).

If we wanted more racing, wouldn't it be simpler to have less classes and just have more races of the same class in a weekend?

Maybe I'm just thinking too much about it and that other people enjoy the flexibilty of classes such as superbike or even Formula but if we surveyed and recorded each bike that races in the CMRA, wouldn't there really be a lower variation?

In car racing (if you can't tell, I had some background there), the classes that grew the fastest were spec classes (check out Spec Miata in SCCA and NASA). Does the CMRA have a spec class, especially for beginners? My interpretation is that the SV is starting to become that or maybe even the SSE class with the Ninja 250 but wouldn't it be great to have something like that to offer to beginners or those that just want to race and work within confines of a spec? Same tires, suspension, brakepads, exhaust and not worry that the next guy has superior equipment?

Gil Epperson
12-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Carlo it is for me about a bike that feels safest and I can be the most productive as well as money constraints and for some people it is definately hard to just change bikes and some were born to ride them all and those guys are the ones in the CMRA I look forward to seeing when I watch the races on the big screen knowing hey he used to pass me all the time or I rmemeber when I actually beat them, all about fun and safety

Wil Kitchens
12-11-2009, 12:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carlo Malana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a complete newbie question with no other intentions behind it:

I thought that you picked the bike to ride based on what classes to run them in vs creating the classes that fit the bike that we currently ownn </div></div>

hmmmm

marcus mcbain
12-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Gil,

I will comment on this a bit. As you know, I respect your riding, your commitment, attitude, and overall efforts.

The rulebook simply states, &quot;The rider with the most points will be issued the #1 plate for the following season,
and will also be recognized as the CMRA Club Champion&quot;. The rulebook does not specifically imply if the championship is provided to award the most talented riders...OR the riders that just happen to score the most points.

I will interject some thought from racing/working at/with the MRA, ASRA, WMMRA,and OMRRA. Those clubs generally have a &quot;Overall Champion&quot;.

In some it is disguised as a championship for the person that &quot;scores the most points&quot;. What that really implies is, &quot;enter every class you can&quot;. This helps entries among other things. You will see guys running E Superstock to Formula One in an attempt to capture a championship. Usually, the &quot;fast guy&quot; does win out as they can more successfully &quot;ride down&quot; than smaller/slower class riders &quot;ride up&quot;.

The CMRA and other clubs see the previous &quot;rules structure&quot; as nothing more than a gimmick to get some riders to enter as many as 10 classes. They consequently (IMO) did the right thing and limited it to, &quot;3 best finishes&quot; to avoid the example above.

The question is then posed, &quot;Is the #1 plate awarded to the best rider?&quot; OR should &quot;the #1 plate be awared to the guy with the most points.&quot;

My opinion is that the answer lies somewhere in the middle. In the spirit of the award, the #1 plate should be awared to those that attend every race...at the same time you cannot deny the fact that the 600 Superstock generally has the best riders in it...but competing in that class under the 2009 rules actually HURT your chances to earn the #1 plate. Some rider entered mini classes in an effort to get points...and the fact that the rules rewarded this is (IMO) a problem. I don't fault anyone that finished in the top. The rules were clearly printed BEFORE the season started. We chose to compete, and we did. We never complained to anyone about it, becasue the rules were just that. We did accompolish what we set out to do this year. Our goals are not strictly tied to the #1 plate (as it is for most racers), but at the same time I think the #1 plate (and consequent other top 10 award winners) should be provided to riders representative of those that are the most talented riders, not just those that happened to compete in &quot;light classes&quot;.

With all that said Gil, I also respect that you take your effort seriously and are competitve. With said, maybe the CMRA will allow the &quot;non-discrete&quot; classes to earn points on a 75% prorated basis. That would reward honest participation, but not be a significant loophole for people to enter classes, &quot;just for the easy points&quot;.

Marcus

PS - I want to qualify &quot;fast guy&quot;. This is not to insult anyone in any class. If you ride a CBR-F2 OR an SV650 OR a GSXR-750, there is nothing more rewarding than riding the motorcycle, &quot;as fast as you can.&quot; At the same time, it can't be discounted very few people can ride within a few seconds of the overall track records.

Gil Epperson
12-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Point well made and taken,just wished F3 had not been booted out of F2 since it does limit my choices to just 3 classes to run in with a chance to be competitive,but as always I will wait till the final bell and race accordingly

Dan Blankenship
12-11-2009, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gil Epperson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Point well made and taken,just wished F3 had not been booted out of F2 since it does limit my choices to just 3 classes to run in with a chance to be competitive,but as always I will wait till the final bell and race accordingly</div></div>

Yeah...I know, I am looking into getting a 95/96 ZX6r to run in classic....and was looking to stir up trouble in F2. If they think the Honda's had some grunt the old 6r's had more. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif But non the less if everything goes as planned I am looking forward to seeing you out there.

Danny Dominguez
12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Ty remind me to sock you in the eye! lol...I guess my comment was more to the cmra/wera vintage combo thingymajig. wera rulebook it has to be a 95 model so my take on that would be if I were on a 96 cmra legal model then I would not qualify for the wera points. I have access to both models,just waiting to see which 1 I need to build.

Keith Hertell
12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I know it looks strange that somebody from one of the &quot;non-premier&quot; classes will finish in the top ten, but EVERYONE in the CMRA has the chance to ride in those classes. If we keep fudging the rules to make the top 10 always be the guys on the bikes w/ the fastest laptimes why not just use F1 (or whatever fast class) to determine the Overall.

The CMRA Overall should be just that. The OVERALL out of ALL the Expert classes. Dustin was smart he rode all kinds of bikes. He obviously does not have small pp syndrome. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif He even rode a Ninja 250 <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/eek.gif

If CMRA uses ALL Expert classes, maybe we would up a few entries in some of the smaller classes too.

Dan Blankenship
12-11-2009, 11:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DANNY DOMINGUEZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ty remind me to sock you in the eye! lol...I guess my comment was more to the cmra/wera vintage combo thingymajig. wera rulebook it has to be a 95 model so my take on that would be if I were on a 96 cmra legal model then I would not qualify for the wera points. I have access to both models,just waiting to see which 1 I need to build.</div></div>

If the 96 model is identical to the 95 it should be legal for the class...post up on the WERA board to find out. Are you going to run a 6r or 7r??? With either one you may get the harassment of Isenhower in the class especially if the WERA points part gets off the ground. And sock me???!!! After all of the fun that I am helping to create <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif I just want the next season to be as much fun as possible. But of course anyone with the last name of Dominguez...needs to have a little difficultly put in their way. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Dan Blankenship
12-11-2009, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith Hertell #11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I know it looks strange that somebody from one of the &quot;non-premier&quot; classes will finish in the top ten, but EVERYONE in the CMRA has the chance to ride in those classes. If we keep fudging the rules to make the top 10 always be the guys on the bikes w/ the fastest laptimes why not just use F1 (or whatever fast class) to determine the Overall.

The CMRA Overall should be just that. The OVERALL out of ALL the Expert classes. Dustin was smart he rode all kinds of bikes. He obviously does not have small pp syndrome. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif He even rode a Ninja 250 <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/eek.gif

If CMRA uses ALL Expert classes, maybe we would up a few entries in some of the smaller classes too.</div></div>

It should be all classes for expert overall...if you show up and do the time, spend the money, then why not. The #1 plate is about dedication and consistency above all else.

Danny Dominguez
12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanx Dan, the 95 zx7 is diff than the 96. Both are legal for the cmra...Been to wera,know their rules..Have banged bars with Steven in the past,we know each other well.

Dan Blankenship
12-11-2009, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DANNY DOMINGUEZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanx Dan, the 95 zx7 is diff than the 96. Both are legal for the cmra...Been to wera,know their rules..Have banged bars with Steven in the past,we know each other well.</div></div>

Yeah...just finished talking to him, he said if your bringing the 7r that he's thinking you might drag out...&quot;bring it on&quot;. He is looking for a good vintage rumble.

And I said &quot;if&quot;...if not Steve was saying that the 7r's up to 97 should be legal since they were all heavy boat anchors. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Ty Howard
12-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Danny forgive me if I forget to remind you to &quot;sock&quot; me. LOL!!!

Danny Dominguez
12-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah Ty, ya know with my age I NEED TO BE REMINDED. Dan thanx again,believe me i'm well aware of the bikes,rules,model changes etc etc..I just wanna know if the cmra/wera thing is gonna happen because that makes a diff on what bike I need to get started on.

Dan Blankenship
12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DANNY DOMINGUEZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah Ty, ya know with my age I NEED TO BE REMINDED. Dan thanx again,believe me i'm well aware of the bikes,rules,model changes etc etc..I just wanna know if the cmra/wera thing is gonna happen because that makes a diff on what bike I need to get started on.</div></div>

Gotcha...I know you well versed and have been at this for some time.

Bill Erzal
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM
If Danny's running Classic next year then I'm putting a 750 motor in mine. Okay, I'm not.

Danny Clark
12-11-2009, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Erzal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Danny's running Classic next year then I'm putting a 750 motor in mine. Okay, I'm not. </div></div>

I found a really nice set of 41mm Mikuni TDM flatslide carbs on ebay if you did go that route.... they even have the Yosh MJN kit in them..... lol

Mark Kline
12-11-2009, 09:14 PM
man this is geting deep!!!!! well why dont we do away with classic and chang it to vinage........even if we hav to run on sat like other clubs do....a how a 17 yr old bike like a honda f2 ant allowed in d classes or form 2 is crazy...

Mark Kline
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
a sv 72 to 85 hp 50 to60 pounds tq dry weight 360 pds and 650cc engine.....a 17 year old honda f2 85 to 90 hp 60 pounds tq dry weight 408 pounds and 599cc engine ... wow u do the math.....and the rules say up to a 565cc water cool and 599cc air cool....i seen prenty of air cooled gsxer 600 engine that put out 90 to 100 hrs,,,,so is the water magic....its still a 599cc engine......and will i dont know what to say....other than maybe ur wearing to much lip stick..............peace

Keith Hertell
12-12-2009, 02:20 AM
There is no air-cooled gsxr600.

There is a GSX600 katana that does NOT make 90hp. Maybe 80hp stock. Also after about 10 minutes in the heat they will lose quite a few hp.

And Danny ain't got nothin to worry about.

Mark Kline
12-12-2009, 02:30 AM
how u think the gsxr came about ......and ya 86 90 models 600 can easly make 90 plus hp

Keith Hertell
12-12-2009, 02:36 AM
how u think there is a gsxr600?

not the same thing, close but not same

and 80hp stock maybe less

Mark Kline
12-12-2009, 02:53 AM
dude the older gsxf motor witch wher in kat......i believe came in the first gen gsxr bikes ....they might not in 600 but a 750 and 1100 im pretty sure of...the last couple of 88 gsxrfrpw air cooled 599cc engine that i dyno in 6 mouths turn out 90 plus...

Keith Hertell
12-12-2009, 03:00 AM
umm, nope. but whatever

Mark Kline
12-12-2009, 03:22 AM
umm, nope.but whatever....to what part that i said,,that the air cooled engines didnt come in the first gsxr bikes or u think a air cooled 88 600 engine cant put out 90 hrs....

marcus mcbain
12-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Mark,

The only &quot;GSXR-600&quot; previous to 1997 was the one in 1992...it was so slow and heavy they only made it one year.

The Kanatuna did come out in 1988 (maybe 89?). It was a destroked 750 motor (which is usually a bad combo - more weight/less HP), but overall the Kanatuna was a VERY good bike for the year or two it was &quot;new&quot;.

Aaron Gore
12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
I've got a mint Kawi ZX7R I'd love to put on the track! I just don't see alot of parts for them anymore. And yes it is a bit heavy!!

Dan Blankenship
12-14-2009, 12:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aaron Gore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a mint Kawi ZX7R I'd love to put on the track! I just don't see alot of parts for them anymore. And yes it is a bit heavy!! </div></div>

Yeah...kind of a chunky money that takes a lot of investment to get the pork off of, but done up well would probably be able to run the times in vintage.

Andrew Sukach
12-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I know that you guys have a lot going on (and there have been some rather vocal distractions of late), but is there any word yet on a finalized version of the Classic rules?

Old bikes can take time to get together, so every weekend counts.

If the answer is &quot;No, Andrew, not yet...&quot;, can anybody at least clarify where the &quot;lightweight&quot;/&quot;heavyweight&quot; split will fall? For example, will the new rules call bikes like the old CBR600F2 and F3 &quot;lightweight&quot; or &quot;heavyweight&quot; for the purposes of classic?

Thanks,

-A

Jesse Davis
12-21-2009, 01:37 AM
man i cant wait for the software that turns garbled, incoherent message board posts by old guys, into rational, legible, properly spelled and grammatically correct thoughts.

....this...is..like........Morse.......code...n... .EDIT BY ADMIN

send help!

Dan Blankenship
12-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I think that software would be called &quot;spell checker&quot;, not to hard to use but sometimes I think it feels overwhelmed and gives up.

Jesse Davis
12-21-2009, 11:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Blankenship</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that software would be called &quot;spell checker&quot;, not to hard to use but sometimes I think it feels overwhelmed and gives up. </div></div>

unfortunately spell checker doesn't make complete sentences and correct grammar for the user.

Dan Blankenship
12-21-2009, 11:40 PM
And nothing will ever fix Ebonics.

Danny Clark
12-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Any chance of true &quot;Formula&quot; rules for Formula 40? I wanna run slicks on my GSXR 1000 in that class.... legally. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif I need all the help I can get against these new young old guys! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Wil Kitchens
12-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Just wait until Ty hits 40, Danny...he can't be TOO far off by now :-p

Danny Clark
12-23-2009, 04:26 PM
I think I'll be 50 by the time Ty hit 40.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

Ty Howard
12-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Don't forget guys I started really young. My racing age is only 28. Remember Duhamel he is barely 35.

I do like the idea of slicks in F40.

Danny Clark
12-23-2009, 07:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ty Howard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I do like the idea of slicks in F40. </div></div>

Push this through for me Ty and I'll owe you one!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Dewayne Davis
12-23-2009, 09:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ty Howard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I do like the idea of slicks in F40. </div></div>

Push this through for me Ty and I'll owe you one!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

+1 slicks would be nice <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

David Roy
12-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Amen to slicks! Can't we poll the f40 guys and get this approved?

Christopher Corder
12-24-2009, 10:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Roy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amen to slicks! Can't we poll the f40 guys and get this approved? </div></div>

not really. we will leave it up to the race director.

David Roy
12-24-2009, 10:24 AM
It would personally lower my costs to be able to run ASB, F1, Twins, and Formula 40 all on one set of slicks. Walter, Please? Lol

Danny Clark
12-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Please please please please Walter!! How about a Christmas present to us old guys! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Christopher Corder
12-24-2009, 01:21 PM
fwiw, I support the idea. It is just appropriate for Walter to decide.

Walter Walker
12-25-2009, 12:44 AM
I'll see what i can do.

Karl Leone
12-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the consideration Walter, let us know what you decide.

Danny Clark
12-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the A Superbike rules in Heavyweight Formula 40!