mark niemi
10-06-2002, 01:10 PM
Was the track still fun?

mark niemi
10-06-2002, 01:10 PM
Was the track still fun?

marcus mcbain
10-06-2002, 04:06 PM
As always, a lot of fun. Turns 2 & 8 are in bad shape. If you used the outside half of the turn, it was fine. Basically you had a -2 second handicap due to the pavement conditions.

The Ryno-Hyde/Patching in turn one is very good, but the exit is still bumpy on the inside. I didn't really find it to be a problem if I changed my line a bit.

Oak Hill is the best value there is for open practice.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
10-06-2002, 04:06 PM
As always, a lot of fun. Turns 2 & 8 are in bad shape. If you used the outside half of the turn, it was fine. Basically you had a -2 second handicap due to the pavement conditions.

The Ryno-Hyde/Patching in turn one is very good, but the exit is still bumpy on the inside. I didn't really find it to be a problem if I changed my line a bit.

Oak Hill is the best value there is for open practice.

Marcus

DwayneSowell
10-06-2002, 05:23 PM
DON'T FOR GET THAT THE ALL-SPEED TEAM WAS THERE HAVING FUN ALSO!!! (ALONG WITH THE NEWEST TEAM MEMBER JIMMIE SILVIO AND HIS 996!)

DwayneSowell
10-06-2002, 05:23 PM
DON'T FOR GET THAT THE ALL-SPEED TEAM WAS THERE HAVING FUN ALSO!!! (ALONG WITH THE NEWEST TEAM MEMBER JIMMIE SILVIO AND HIS 996!)

Bryan West
10-06-2002, 08:39 PM
oak hill was awesome...we swept the gravel in 2 and 8 and no-one rode on the bad parts ,like marcus, said we ust went wide on those 2 and everything was cool all day. im going thru windscreens like there going out of style, its boooooooooooo****!

Bryan West
10-06-2002, 08:39 PM
oak hill was awesome...we swept the gravel in 2 and 8 and no-one rode on the bad parts ,like marcus, said we ust went wide on those 2 and everything was cool all day. im going thru windscreens like there going out of style, its boooooooooooo****!

Beckley Racing
10-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey guys Scotty Beckley must have dropped his billfold at the track when changing from his leathers to his street clothes.
Not much in it but his drivers licence and a few bucks but he sure needs it back. The track owner went there today to look and it wasn't there. So somebody must of picked it up who was there practicing and he sure would like to have it back. Please get ahold of us at ed@cfpracing.com
Thanks-
Ed Beckley

Beckley Racing
10-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey guys Scotty Beckley must have dropped his billfold at the track when changing from his leathers to his street clothes.
Not much in it but his drivers licence and a few bucks but he sure needs it back. The track owner went there today to look and it wasn't there. So somebody must of picked it up who was there practicing and he sure would like to have it back. Please get ahold of us at ed@cfpracing.com
Thanks-
Ed Beckley

Jesse Davis
10-06-2002, 08:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by DwayneSowell:
DON'T FOR GET THAT THE ALL-SPEED TEAM WAS THERE HAVING FUN ALSO!!! (ALONG WITH THE NEWEST TEAM MEMBER JIMMIE SILVIO AND HIS 996!)</div></div>http://www.bmusat.com/~robin/pix/capslock.gif

Jesse Davis
10-06-2002, 08:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by DwayneSowell:
DON'T FOR GET THAT THE ALL-SPEED TEAM WAS THERE HAVING FUN ALSO!!! (ALONG WITH THE NEWEST TEAM MEMBER JIMMIE SILVIO AND HIS 996!)</div></div>http://www.bmusat.com/~robin/pix/capslock.gif

Blake
10-06-2002, 11:51 PM
What a great day! Got to meet the MacMan, Scott Beckley, the All-Speed team and others. Todd and Chris were there. Todd's fixin' to go air cooled. I even lucked into a special impromptu track school from young Mr. Sanchez. While I was pushing hard on my Buell he was backing it in to turn two and riding big ole standup wheelies on all the straights. But I had my own little victory. After following him then lettin him pull away (you'd think I missed a shift coming in to turn five or something) I wicked it up a notch, caught up, and blew by him coming up the hill towards turn two. It was like he was standing still... actually he was, his bike had run out of fuel. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif :p

Got in over a hundred miles again. I finally feel like I'm up to a decent speed on turn four. Still need lots of work on turn five though. I just can't get up the nerve to carry good speed into turn five and thus end up only using half the track on exiting. I'm still a little chicken coming into turns one and seven too.

Michael tool my Buell out for a session. It was cool to see it put through the paces by a skilled racer.

I look forward to more pratice sessions this fall at OHR.

Way cool of the Beckley's to provide a safety crew (ambulance and paramedics).

Blake
10-06-2002, 11:51 PM
What a great day! Got to meet the MacMan, Scott Beckley, the All-Speed team and others. Todd and Chris were there. Todd's fixin' to go air cooled. I even lucked into a special impromptu track school from young Mr. Sanchez. While I was pushing hard on my Buell he was backing it in to turn two and riding big ole standup wheelies on all the straights. But I had my own little victory. After following him then lettin him pull away (you'd think I missed a shift coming in to turn five or something) I wicked it up a notch, caught up, and blew by him coming up the hill towards turn two. It was like he was standing still... actually he was, his bike had run out of fuel. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif :p

Got in over a hundred miles again. I finally feel like I'm up to a decent speed on turn four. Still need lots of work on turn five though. I just can't get up the nerve to carry good speed into turn five and thus end up only using half the track on exiting. I'm still a little chicken coming into turns one and seven too.

Michael tool my Buell out for a session. It was cool to see it put through the paces by a skilled racer.

I look forward to more pratice sessions this fall at OHR.

Way cool of the Beckley's to provide a safety crew (ambulance and paramedics).

Beckley Racing
10-07-2002, 06:44 PM
No problem on the Medic's ...and I'am just glad the Ambulance never had to move. We gladly paid them to munch on Cracker Jacks and watch you make laps.

I did however hear that most of you were lusting over the chic medic.

seeya-
Ed Beckley
Scott's proud dad.

Beckley Racing
10-07-2002, 06:44 PM
No problem on the Medic's ...and I'am just glad the Ambulance never had to move. We gladly paid them to munch on Cracker Jacks and watch you make laps.

I did however hear that most of you were lusting over the chic medic.

seeya-
Ed Beckley
Scott's proud dad.

Blake
10-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Yes, she was quite the babe. I even heard a few of the guys contemplating staging a crash. With my luck, I'd get the guy medic looking after me. http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/clipart/crazy3.gif

I suggest next time, with a good turnout, we should all pitch in. Twenty bucks a piece is a pretty good deal for the added comfort of a trackside EMS.

Blake
10-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Yes, she was quite the babe. I even heard a few of the guys contemplating staging a crash. With my luck, I'd get the guy medic looking after me. http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/clipart/crazy3.gif

I suggest next time, with a good turnout, we should all pitch in. Twenty bucks a piece is a pretty good deal for the added comfort of a trackside EMS.

DwayneSowell
10-08-2002, 03:51 PM
I LIKE "CAPS LOCK"! AND YES, everyone was watching the female medic.

DwayneSowell
10-08-2002, 03:51 PM
I LIKE "CAPS LOCK"! AND YES, everyone was watching the female medic.

Steve McNamara
10-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Blake,
The MacMan.
Who is this imposter.
There is only one MacMan, and he was going to MSR to host his track day.
Is there two of us???

Steve McNamara
10-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Blake,
The MacMan.
Who is this imposter.
There is only one MacMan, and he was going to MSR to host his track day.
Is there two of us???

Ara Tidwell
10-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Been a while since I've been to Oak Hill (first weekend of the year). Since when did the best paved turns on the track that were newly paved go to crap? Whats wrong with them?

I like the medic idea... just how much total does it cost to have an ambulance waiting out there?

Ara Tidwell
10-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Been a while since I've been to Oak Hill (first weekend of the year). Since when did the best paved turns on the track that were newly paved go to crap? Whats wrong with them?

I like the medic idea... just how much total does it cost to have an ambulance waiting out there?

Beckley Racing
10-09-2002, 07:11 AM
The ambulance was 60 bux and hour and came with a perfectly shaped female medic.

We hired it for the 5 hrs which Marcus and Fish decided they would work with Scotty. 10a to 4pm and they took a lunch made it 300 bux.

$300 bux a to save a life or minimumize an injury - we (Scotty's parents) felt mandatory....especially at Oak Hill which most cell phones couldn't sucessfully call 911 anyway.

I have a hunch if the club could negotiate a better deal for a practice day if it was done when they negotiated for the race service.

Beckley Racing
10-09-2002, 07:11 AM
The ambulance was 60 bux and hour and came with a perfectly shaped female medic.

We hired it for the 5 hrs which Marcus and Fish decided they would work with Scotty. 10a to 4pm and they took a lunch made it 300 bux.

$300 bux a to save a life or minimumize an injury - we (Scotty's parents) felt mandatory....especially at Oak Hill which most cell phones couldn't sucessfully call 911 anyway.

I have a hunch if the club could negotiate a better deal for a practice day if it was done when they negotiated for the race service.

ysr612
10-09-2002, 08:23 AM
ok we need a pic of the medics.

ysr612
10-09-2002, 08:23 AM
ok we need a pic of the medics.

eric hagerty
10-09-2002, 09:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Ara Tidwell:

I like the medic idea... just how much total does it cost to have an ambulance waiting out there?</div></div>Well look who crawled out from under a rock /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Whats been going on.....

eric hagerty
10-09-2002, 09:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Ara Tidwell:

I like the medic idea... just how much total does it cost to have an ambulance waiting out there?</div></div>Well look who crawled out from under a rock /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Whats been going on.....

Ara Tidwell
10-09-2002, 05:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Hagerty:
QUOTE]Well look who crawled out from under a rock /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Whats been going on.....[/QB]</div></div>Waiting for Oak Hill crash fest 2003 (1st weekend of season)

Anyway I needed a year long break from cycles.

Going to put a deposite down on a 2003 R6 soon :-) And yes, I'm going to race it, or at least crash it. I mean I'm going to race it if no one crashes into me during practice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif ... And I'm going to finish a race if I don't crash into anyone during the race /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif .... Or maybe I hit my head a little too hard last time and I don't need to race at all?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Ara Tidwell
10-09-2002, 05:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Hagerty:
QUOTE]Well look who crawled out from under a rock /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Whats been going on.....[/QB]</div></div>Waiting for Oak Hill crash fest 2003 (1st weekend of season)

Anyway I needed a year long break from cycles.

Going to put a deposite down on a 2003 R6 soon :-) And yes, I'm going to race it, or at least crash it. I mean I'm going to race it if no one crashes into me during practice /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif ... And I'm going to finish a race if I don't crash into anyone during the race /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif .... Or maybe I hit my head a little too hard last time and I don't need to race at all?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Mike Sanchez
10-09-2002, 09:39 PM
Thank you Beckley.
For the chick/ambulance service at Oak Hill last weekend. She was the bomb. If you can get her out there again, that would be cracking. I love to ride at Oak Hill.
Thanks again.
Gabe and Mike Sanchez

Mike Sanchez
10-09-2002, 09:39 PM
Thank you Beckley.
For the chick/ambulance service at Oak Hill last weekend. She was the bomb. If you can get her out there again, that would be cracking. I love to ride at Oak Hill.
Thanks again.
Gabe and Mike Sanchez

Blake
10-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Steve,
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to Marcus. But he did tell me that he was indeed "The Man". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Let's see, we've got McBain, McMahan, and McNamara. Is this some kind of Irish racing club or what? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

What the heck is wrong with me??!! I take videos of Michael riding my Buell, but neglect to document the live art form that was the finer half of the medical team? I need serious help!

Blake
10-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Steve,
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to Marcus. But he did tell me that he was indeed "The Man". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Let's see, we've got McBain, McMahan, and McNamara. Is this some kind of Irish racing club or what? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

What the heck is wrong with me??!! I take videos of Michael riding my Buell, but neglect to document the live art form that was the finer half of the medical team? I need serious help!

Beckley Racing
10-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Blake-
You took NO photos of the ambulance chic?

For that you must trade your Buell in on an 1978 Iron Barrel AMF Harley Sportster XLCR Cafe Racer (anchor).

Talking about missed oppurtunites...

seeya-
Beckley

Beckley Racing
10-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Blake-
You took NO photos of the ambulance chic?

For that you must trade your Buell in on an 1978 Iron Barrel AMF Harley Sportster XLCR Cafe Racer (anchor).

Talking about missed oppurtunites...

seeya-
Beckley

Steve McNamara
10-10-2002, 11:42 AM
Blake,
Irish endurance team.
We ride for beer.
:-)

Steve McNamara
10-10-2002, 11:42 AM
Blake,