PDA

View Full Version : 2010 REVISED 1-3-10 Rule Book Posted

Alan Etheredge
12-31-2009, 05:56 PM
The 2010 Rule Book (http://www.cmraracing.com/pdf/2010/Rulebook/CMRA_2010_Rule_Book_01-03-10.pdf) is now posted for your reading pleasure.

Per usual, text added or revised for 2010 is <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">bold underlined</span></span> but there is no way to know where text was deleted. A cover-to-cover read is encouraged (I suffer these fantasies about racers reading Rule Books <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif )

Your 2010 License fee includes one free printed copy of the Rule Book. That will be delivered with your license at the track where you must sign yet another release form required by our insurance company.

Advertising space is available in the printed rule book until about January 15 when it will go to print. Please contact Norm McDonald at i&#110;&#102;o&#64;&#107;n&#109;&#111;t&#111;&#114;c&#121;&#99;l&#101;&#115;.&#99;&#111;m (m&#97;&#105;l&#116;&#111;:&#105;&#110;f&#111;&#64;k&#110;&#109;o&#116;&#111;r&#99;&#121;c&#108;&#101;s&#46;&#99;o&#109;) for more info about advertising, ad sizes, ad rates, etc.

Happy New Year!

David Wilson
12-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Alan/Walter I have read the new rules for Classic and see the F3 is now out of F2 but the rules states a Classic may run down a class except F2,SSD and SSE so those are the only exceptions correct? Does this mean the F3 can still run in F40 LW because without it we will down to just 2 races we are eligible to run and I really enjoy the F40 races but the F3 can not compete with a GSXR 1K at any level. Thanks and Happy New Year

Gil

Wil Kitchens
12-31-2009, 10:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fireworks of any type are prohibited at all events. Any person possessing,
using or discharging fireworks may be ejected from the event premises and/or fined
and/or have all fireworks in their possession confiscated.</div></div>

LMMFAO @ Linz

Ryan Rutkowski
01-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Gil i would say with the exception of the changes made in the rule book for 2010 all the the F3 would fit into any class it previously fit into. Also the F2/F3 is still considered lightweight for practice as it was last year.

David Roy
01-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks Walter.

Dewayne Davis
01-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks to all involved in the change of the F40 rules <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

jhammy49
01-02-2010, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rule Book</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Novice riders finishing in the top five (5) in final season point standings in all
CMRA Novice and Combined (no Expert/Novice differentiation) sprint classes will be
considered for promotion to Expert status at the end of the racing season.</div></div>

See, complaining does make a difference.

Alan Etheredge
01-03-2010, 12:56 PM
The REVISED ON 1-3-10 RULE BOOK (http://www.cmraracing.com/pdf/2010/Rulebook/CMRA_2010_Rule_Book_01-03-10.pdf) is now posted.

A few editing errors found in the forst posted version have been fixed - <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">please download the new book with the filename &quot;CMRA_2010_Rule_Book_01-03-10.doc&quot; at the bottom of each page.</span></span>
errata now fixed:
page 16 - 5.2(z) about carbon fiber wheels - the language applicable only to 2009 season grandfathering has been removed.

page 24, carrying forward from page 23, Formula 4,5,6 &amp; 7 rules have been revised to erqurie fluid catching lowers on ALL bikes.

page 24 Formula 4 the example text has now been revised to consistently allow 100cc 2-stroke water cooled motors.

PavanDendi
01-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Alan, the links in this thread have the wrong url. Didn't figure it out until I tried the link in the title bar and that one worked.

Alan Etheredge
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
darn, &quot;0&quot; does not equal &quot;-&quot;, links now fixed, thanks, Pavan.

if you access from the Forms page, you may need to refresh to get the correct link.

Chuck Ergle
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Gee Linz, thanks for ruining it for all of us! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif Although the pictures were gross enough to be cool. &quot;No fireworks allowed by Lindsey Leard without sobriety and ambient light, in the presence of the Race Director or his appointed representative&quot; would be more like it.

Alan Etheredge
01-07-2010, 12:16 AM
I guess our friend and constant source of entertainment, Linz L., has twisted long enough for this one.

Fact is, our insurance has long had a clause that makes the 'no fireworks' rule appropriate. And yes, Walter and I had discussed this before Linz tried to 'method act' his way into the cast of &quot;Peter Pan meets Captain Hook&quot;.

Why the heck am I trying to give Linz a break here??? I must be getting soft.

Wil Kitchens
01-07-2010, 08:20 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/28im0yo.jpg

steve burzynski
01-07-2010, 11:59 AM
was there no hall of fame inductee/s for 2009 season

Rich Desmond
01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan Etheredge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...before Linz tried to 'method act' his way into the cast of &quot;Peter Pan meets Captain Hook&quot;...</div></div>

LOL!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

m2tx
01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
In section 5, I noticed that the new rules state:

&quot;Helmet shells must remain unmodified with no devices or decorations attached to
the outside surface. The only exceptions being inflation ports for inflatable helmet
removal systems and connectors for in helmet radio headsets.&quot;

Does &quot;decorations&quot; refer to things like sponsor decals?

Also, we are required to have our race number on the helmet. Can we use a decal for the race number?

Finally, if we are running sprint and endurance, do we have to use the endurance number on the helmet or are we ok to run with the sprint number?

Thanks!

Tony Ta
01-15-2010, 05:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carlo Malana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In section 5, I noticed that the new rules state:

&quot;Helmet shells must remain unmodified with no devices or decorations attached to
the outside surface. The only exceptions being inflation ports for inflatable helmet
removal systems and connectors for in helmet radio headsets.&quot;

Does &quot;decorations&quot; refer to things like sponsor decals?

Also, we are required to have our race number on the helmet. Can we use a decal for the race number?

Finally, if we are running sprint and endurance, do we have to use the endurance number on the helmet or are we ok to run with the sprint number?

Thanks! </div></div>

I'm not by any means the official rule on this, but I believe I have a pretty good understanding of what your asking and what the answers are.

When they are referring to &quot;decorations&quot;, I believe they are talking about mohawks, pig tails, spikes, rabbit ears, etc..

You can use a decal, duct tape with a sharpie, or whatever you'd like as long as your numbers are legible on your helmet.

Even when running endurance, your helmet must have YOUR sprint number. Your sprint number is unique to you, therefore there will be no confusion as to who the injured rider is (if they are knocked out or unable to speak).

m2tx
01-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks Tony! I am trying to get clarifications on whether we can put decals on the helmet. My helmet not only has my sprint number but also some sponsor decals (bridgestone and woodcraft to name a few). Wanted to know if those were legal since a decal can also be interpreted as 'decorations'.

Walter Walker
01-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Carlo, Tony is correct. The rule is referring to mohawks, spikes and such. Decals are allowed. The number on your helmet must be your sprint number.

Thanks Tony.

Ryan Rutkowski
01-15-2010, 07:09 PM
I would like to add that allthough decals are approved I would ask that they be kept to a minimum so that we can properly inspect and tech your helmet. Also using decals to hide damage is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED! There are 3 things that must be on your helmet at the minimum. 1: your sprint number on duct tape or decal. 2: A CMRA tech sticker for that event. 3: If youare using a helmet removal system use some kind of sticker or tape on or near the chinbar stating you are using one.

m2tx
01-15-2010, 08:30 PM
I also have a small sticker at the back indicating blood type.