PDA

View Full Version : Hanging with some legands

Scotty
10-07-2002, 11:48 PM
I got the chance to hange out with some roadracing legands this weekend! On sat. Larry Beall (SP)and on Sun. Allen Jackson if you guys don't know who thay are you should.I Also would like to THANK another legand (ED Beckley)for the chance and to work with his son Scott.Thanks for a *****en weekend!!!!

Scotty
10-07-2002, 11:48 PM
I got the chance to hange out with some roadracing legands this weekend! On sat. Larry Beall (SP)and on Sun. Allen Jackson if you guys don't know who thay are you should.I Also would like to THANK another legand (ED Beckley)for the chance and to work with his son Scott.Thanks for a *****en weekend!!!!

Jesse Davis
10-08-2002, 12:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by FISH#22:
Thanks *****!!!!</div></div>http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p0cd16701bdbf86a7bd76dcdfb210106c/fd31a894.jpg

larry beal is one cool dude!

no wash your mouth out!

Jesse Davis
10-08-2002, 12:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by FISH#22:
Thanks *****!!!!</div></div>http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p0cd16701bdbf86a7bd76dcdfb210106c/fd31a894.jpg

larry beal is one cool dude!

no wash your mouth out!

Scotty
10-08-2002, 08:26 AM
You do remember that dude lost hid head. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Scotty
10-08-2002, 08:26 AM
You do remember that dude lost hid head. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Beckley Racing
10-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Back in the day of the CRRA Larry rode and won many races with a flattrack steel shoe on sliding his CB 750 Honda thru the corners! He even rode a factory Honda that way at Daytona!

Larry was Yamaha's first American rider and went to Europe on the 250's back in the early 60's.

Allen built Freddie Spencers first road racer.
Allen also built Larry Bealls bikes back when they were running the 250's. I read a few articles about them in some old Cycle News and he was really respected as the best Yamaha tuner back in that day. He also was Wyman Priddy's mechanic while he was with Kawasaki for many years.

Both have stories to tell if you have time to pry it out of them.

They got involved in Scotty's dirttracking about 1 year ago and have been a tremendous help.

Our newest addition to the Legends is Jack Bounds. Jack built the 883 Harley AMA Championship bikes for Jake Zemke, Eric Bostrom, and Jess Roeder. These older guys have so much knowledge it is just great to have them in our pit area!

Now with Fish and Marcus helping the Road Racer effort it is a dream come true.
Thanks again guys!
Seeya-
Ed Beckley
Scott Beckley's proud father.

Beckley Racing
10-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Back in the day of the CRRA Larry rode and won many races with a flattrack steel shoe on sliding his CB 750 Honda thru the corners! He even rode a factory Honda that way at Daytona!

Larry was Yamaha's first American rider and went to Europe on the 250's back in the early 60's.

Allen built Freddie Spencers first road racer.
Allen also built Larry Bealls bikes back when they were running the 250's. I read a few articles about them in some old Cycle News and he was really respected as the best Yamaha tuner back in that day. He also was Wyman Priddy's mechanic while he was with Kawasaki for many years.

Both have stories to tell if you have time to pry it out of them.

They got involved in Scotty's dirttracking about 1 year ago and have been a tremendous help.

Our newest addition to the Legends is Jack Bounds. Jack built the 883 Harley AMA Championship bikes for Jake Zemke, Eric Bostrom, and Jess Roeder. These older guys have so much knowledge it is just great to have them in our pit area!

Now with Fish and Marcus helping the Road Racer effort it is a dream come true.
Thanks again guys!
Seeya-
Ed Beckley
Scott Beckley's proud father.

kencyr
10-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Too bad Merriam Webster couldn't make it out. :p

kencyr
10-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Too bad Merriam Webster couldn't make it out. :p

Jonny 748
10-08-2002, 03:15 PM