PDA

View Full Version : I'll volunteer to corner work Saturday @ MSR...

UglyR6
10-08-2002, 07:15 PM
I notice there is a huge need for corner workers, so I will volunteer for this coming Saturday. I have not done this before, but if you can use me and set me straight on "the rules" I'll be more than happy to assist.

A few questions first...what time do I need to be there?
How long am I out there working the corner? All day? a couple of hours at a time?

I wish to NOT be paid.

I plan on getting my license this year or early next year with LSTD, so I'll be doing my share next year as I will be required to.

I know I'll be slightly upset when it comes time for me to race and there are not enough corner workers.

Name is Rick Chapman
phone 817-371-6960 cell
chapman1@1scom.net

I think it's time for me to be a part of this organization that I've heard so many great things about. So here is a short history lesson about me.

I ride an R6 and have had it on the track twice: once at MSR and once at TWS. 1:25's my first day at MSR on my "new to me" R6. 2:00 best lap at TWS my first time at that track. So what about this mentor program for a 34 y/o man in good shape?
I ride an FZ1 on the street...well, until the Z1000 is released.
I have about 75k-100k miles on the street since I started riding in 1983.
Since I did my first track day in March of this year, I've wanted to do nothing else. Racing is in my future.
I'm originally from So Cal, moved here in '94.
Was away from bikes from 91 to 2000.
Married, 2 children from a previous marriage.
I'm a printer technician for Heidelberg by day.

I don't care if I ever win any races, I just want to compete.

Sorry about the novel.

I'll help when and where I can.

UglyR6
10-08-2002, 07:15 PM
I notice there is a huge need for corner workers, so I will volunteer for this coming Saturday. I have not done this before, but if you can use me and set me straight on "the rules" I'll be more than happy to assist.

A few questions first...what time do I need to be there?
How long am I out there working the corner? All day? a couple of hours at a time?

I wish to NOT be paid.

I plan on getting my license this year or early next year with LSTD, so I'll be doing my share next year as I will be required to.

I know I'll be slightly upset when it comes time for me to race and there are not enough corner workers.

Name is Rick Chapman
phone 817-371-6960 cell
chapman1@1scom.net

I think it's time for me to be a part of this organization that I've heard so many great things about. So here is a short history lesson about me.

I ride an R6 and have had it on the track twice: once at MSR and once at TWS. 1:25's my first day at MSR on my "new to me" R6. 2:00 best lap at TWS my first time at that track. So what about this mentor program for a 34 y/o man in good shape?
I ride an FZ1 on the street...well, until the Z1000 is released.
I have about 75k-100k miles on the street since I started riding in 1983.
Since I did my first track day in March of this year, I've wanted to do nothing else. Racing is in my future.
I'm originally from So Cal, moved here in '94.
Was away from bikes from 91 to 2000.
Married, 2 children from a previous marriage.
I'm a printer technician for Heidelberg by day.

I don't care if I ever win any races, I just want to compete.

Sorry about the novel.

I'll help when and where I can.

McMahan
10-09-2002, 05:49 AM
Thank you for volunteering. We are really booked for Saturday but to have enough for Sunday, we need 8 more.
Please, guys, running the track backwards is likely to cause a few extra downed bikes. We need to have enough people out there watching out for YOU.
Call 830-557-6301 or email bcmcmahan@prodigy.net.

Claire

McMahan
10-09-2002, 05:49 AM
Thank you for volunteering. We are really booked for Saturday but to have enough for Sunday, we need 8 more.
Please, guys, running the track backwards is likely to cause a few extra downed bikes. We need to have enough people out there watching out for YOU.
Call 830-557-6301 or email bcmcmahan@prodigy.net.

Claire

Brooks Gremmels
10-09-2002, 07:38 AM
Rick,
Your approach to pitching in as you get started is much appreciated. You will find you are surrounded by people in the CMRA who willing to help you. We are having beer and burgers at the track after the endurance race on Sat. if you can join us.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
10-09-2002, 07:38 AM
Rick,
Your approach to pitching in as you get started is much appreciated. You will find you are surrounded by people in the CMRA who willing to help you. We are having beer and burgers at the track after the endurance race on Sat. if you can join us.
Brooks