PDA

View Full Version : Back online finally!

Denee
10-13-2002, 06:04 PM
HI, it's been a while since I've been onlne; computer problems, etc. I'm living in Houston, Tx. Anyway, as for bikes; still have my EX500 and repainting now; hopefully may participate in a race if I get my nerve up! Track days seem to be hardly ever on a Saturdays anymore so I thought perhaps I could at least do practice and "race" even if I come in last I still get to ride ~

AS for street biking; I bought my dream bike; a Ducati 916! But find it to be so boring on the roads that I'm already thinking about selling it! My youngest daughter wants a small bike and we're looking at an XR100; she is almost 13 and can hold up my Ducati! Not riding it of course.

So, I've had my eyes on the RS50's for some time, but never have been able to actually ride one. Are they just disgustingly slow? Would they be somewhat fun about streets and encourage a little excitement? I'd appreciate some feedback please of anyone who may have riden one. Pros and Conns.
Do they have a class that they may race in as well?

One more question:
the colors of the plates on the bike; Yellow and White? What is the difference between these two beside color?

I hope to pop on here more often.
Thanks,
Denee'
Anocsunamoon@aol.com

Denee
10-13-2002, 06:04 PM
HI, it's been a while since I've been onlne; computer problems, etc. I'm living in Houston, Tx. Anyway, as for bikes; still have my EX500 and repainting now; hopefully may participate in a race if I get my nerve up! Track days seem to be hardly ever on a Saturdays anymore so I thought perhaps I could at least do practice and "race" even if I come in last I still get to ride ~

AS for street biking; I bought my dream bike; a Ducati 916! But find it to be so boring on the roads that I'm already thinking about selling it! My youngest daughter wants a small bike and we're looking at an XR100; she is almost 13 and can hold up my Ducati! Not riding it of course.

So, I've had my eyes on the RS50's for some time, but never have been able to actually ride one. Are they just disgustingly slow? Would they be somewhat fun about streets and encourage a little excitement? I'd appreciate some feedback please of anyone who may have riden one. Pros and Conns.
Do they have a class that they may race in as well?

One more question:
the colors of the plates on the bike; Yellow and White? What is the difference between these two beside color?

I hope to pop on here more often.
Thanks,
Denee'
Anocsunamoon@aol.com

Jack Giesecke
10-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Wondered where you'd gone. HSR is no more, but we got a new place. E-M Bobby for details if you haven't found it already. Think you can find him at http://www.51cycles.com if I'm not mistaken. If that link is blank, I can find out what exactly it is for you.

The little NSR50s are way little to be riding on the street, same as a YSR to me. To me, they're not visible enough. If you want a 50cc street bike I'd go with a big wheel something, like a Derbie or Aprilia. Sits up more like a big bike, more visibility to the SUV drivers and soccer moms on their cell phones in their Suburbans. An NSR would be way fun in TMGP, though. Like to have one myself. Considering what I wanna do, NSR or XR100 motard, or TTR125L motard for TMGP. Got lots of ideas, but the money is scarce as always, LOL. The NSR runs in lightweight superbike mini I think, something like that, in CMRA and would run in superbike in TMGP. You could also ride it a class up in TMGP, unlimited and super sixty I think and run the backwards race or CMRA and ride it in ultra lightweight sportsman in CMRA. You could get a lot of track time with a NSR50. I might be a little off on the classes, but you could run three classes in CMRA and I THINK four in TMGP. Your races on race day in CMRA would be back to back, though, unless one of them was a combined class which you would get screwed out of some track time. They normally combine two classes in mini, four classes total running two races, to save time.

Colors of plates, yellow is a novice rider, white an expert rider.

Jack Giesecke
10-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Wondered where you'd gone. HSR is no more, but we got a new place. E-M Bobby for details if you haven't found it already. Think you can find him at http://www.51cycles.com if I'm not mistaken. If that link is blank, I can find out what exactly it is for you.

The little NSR50s are way little to be riding on the street, same as a YSR to me. To me, they're not visible enough. If you want a 50cc street bike I'd go with a big wheel something, like a Derbie or Aprilia. Sits up more like a big bike, more visibility to the SUV drivers and soccer moms on their cell phones in their Suburbans. An NSR would be way fun in TMGP, though. Like to have one myself. Considering what I wanna do, NSR or XR100 motard, or TTR125L motard for TMGP. Got lots of ideas, but the money is scarce as always, LOL. The NSR runs in lightweight superbike mini I think, something like that, in CMRA and would run in superbike in TMGP. You could also ride it a class up in TMGP, unlimited and super sixty I think and run the backwards race or CMRA and ride it in ultra lightweight sportsman in CMRA. You could get a lot of track time with a NSR50. I might be a little off on the classes, but you could run three classes in CMRA and I THINK four in TMGP. Your races on race day in CMRA would be back to back, though, unless one of them was a combined class which you would get screwed out of some track time. They normally combine two classes in mini, four classes total running two races, to save time.

Colors of plates, yellow is a novice rider, white an expert rider.

anthony c smith
10-13-2002, 06:45 PM
My suggestion to you would be to try and get ahold of a stock yamaha ysr 50cc machine and come race with the texas mini gp series. The next race is in Katy,Tx on Nov.2. As far as fast goes they top out at about 75mph but it is all relative when you are rubbing elbows, all out, into a turn. These machines and this series also can teach you a whole lot about racing and riding in general and is a good place to get your daughter involved if she is interested. It also weeds out those who hide behind horsepower.....to an extent. If you show up a day liscense is only $10 and the people are really freindly. You can get more info at http://tmgps.8k.com . Oh, and the diffrence between the yellow plate and white plate is yellow for amature and white for expert. Hope I have been of some help. Anthony

anthony c smith
10-13-2002, 06:45 PM
My suggestion to you would be to try and get ahold of a stock yamaha ysr 50cc machine and come race with the texas mini gp series. The next race is in Katy,Tx on Nov.2. As far as fast goes they top out at about 75mph but it is all relative when you are rubbing elbows, all out, into a turn. These machines and this series also can teach you a whole lot about racing and riding in general and is a good place to get your daughter involved if she is interested. It also weeds out those who hide behind horsepower.....to an extent. If you show up a day liscense is only $10 and the people are really freindly. You can get more info at http://tmgps.8k.com . Oh, and the diffrence between the yellow plate and white plate is yellow for amature and white for expert. Hope I have been of some help. Anthony

Jack Giesecke
10-13-2002, 06:51 PM
Denee,

Gil Adair has a YSR50 for sale if he hasn't already sold it. It's a good bike and he only wants $1700, I think. He's in San Antonio.

Jack Giesecke
10-13-2002, 06:51 PM
Denee,

Gil Adair has a YSR50 for sale if he hasn't already sold it. It's a good bike and he only wants $1700, I think. He's in San Antonio.

Denee
10-13-2002, 08:59 PM
HI Jack, nice to see you again (so to speak)! I suppose if I were to invest in a Mini, I would have to go for the NSR50, it's longer (to accomadate my legs) and all the things that you mentioned. I'm pretty sure I'll be putting my Ducati up for sale soon and check out the Aprila50. My daughter really likes the bike too. She kind of wants the XR100 and it would be a good bike to start on I guess. I know she would like the RS though. I can by probably 3 Aprila's after I sell my duc! lol.
Does the Aprilia with the 70cc kit hold up very well? I mean If I were to purchase one with the kit in it already, would I expect problems or just stick with the stock engine?
Denee'

Denee
10-13-2002, 08:59 PM
HI Jack, nice to see you again (so to speak)! I suppose if I were to invest in a Mini, I would have to go for the NSR50, it's longer (to accomadate my legs) and all the things that you mentioned. I'm pretty sure I'll be putting my Ducati up for sale soon and check out the Aprila50. My daughter really likes the bike too. She kind of wants the XR100 and it would be a good bike to start on I guess. I know she would like the RS though. I can by probably 3 Aprila's after I sell my duc! lol.
Does the Aprilia with the 70cc kit hold up very well? I mean If I were to purchase one with the kit in it already, would I expect problems or just stick with the stock engine?
Denee'

Denee
10-13-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi Anthony!
Thank you so much for the input! I"m going to mark my calender for that day and bring my leathers just in case! I did have an adventure with Steve Porter several months ago at Hithcock. I went there just to observe, but was asked if I'd like to join in; and I did! I had a great time; actually felt competitive! I even passed a few people for a change and dragged my knees Off!
Well, got to go watch some TV and get ready for bed! see you.
Denee'

Denee
10-13-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi Anthony!
Thank you so much for the input! I"m going to mark my calender for that day and bring my leathers just in case! I did have an adventure with Steve Porter several months ago at Hithcock. I went there just to observe, but was asked if I'd like to join in; and I did! I had a great time; actually felt competitive! I even passed a few people for a change and dragged my knees Off!
Well, got to go watch some TV and get ready for bed! see you.
Denee'

Jack Giesecke
10-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Can't answer you intellegently on the Priller cause I have no experience with them.

I'll be in Katy for sprints Sunday. I always have fun there, tiny little track. It makes you concentrate, let me tell ya!

Jack Giesecke
10-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Can't answer you intellegently on the Priller cause I have no experience with them.

I'll be in Katy for sprints Sunday. I always have fun there, tiny little track. It makes you concentrate, let me tell ya!

moto_dan
10-13-2002, 09:32 PM
Jack,
Better check the schedule for the Katy round of TMGP. They normally swap the sprints and endurance days for the last round so to have a larger particpation at the end of year party on Sunday.(ie. Sprints on Saturday).
Dan Gimmer

moto_dan
10-13-2002, 09:32 PM
Jack,
Better check the schedule for the Katy round of TMGP. They normally swap the sprints and endurance days for the last round so to have a larger particpation at the end of year party on Sunday.(ie. Sprints on Saturday).
Dan Gimmer