PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Thanks

marcus mcbain
08-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Weekend Thanks

The last few weekends, I have been fortunate enough to be able to be in Texas and work with Danny (Kelsey). I was almost certain after Hallet, that would be the Hottest race I had ever been too…I was wrong. For whatever reason, ECR just took the crown. It may have been hotter at Hallet, but ECR ate my lunch!

With the hot weather and 5 races on our program, Danny did a fantastic job riding…picking up 4 wins and a 2nd place. With three bikes being setup every weekend, the challenge is always present to get the “best setup”, but the team has done well.

Over the past several races, Danny has been able to provide excellent results and there are some people that need to be thanked.

First off, thank you to M & M Roadracing/Mitch McGinnis. He has done a great job in his first full year of fielding the team and bikes. I have not had time to put together a program for Danny and again, Mitch made a great commitment to Danny and it has definitely helped out.

GP Suspension – We run two different builds of their Cartridges in our bikes and both are just flat out excellent. I have never had to work on fork internals less than with the GP Suspension forks.

Michelin Tires – They just flat out rock. The tires stick incredibly well, aren’t finicky about pressure, and last a long time. We did not have to change any tires on race day despite the weather and having to put at least 3 races on the set for the 1000.

Komodo/Wayne & Lee - We have been with Komodo since they started. They provide so much support for the club and its riders, it is hard to understand why anyone would use any product other than Komoodo.

Lone Star Track Days – Steve and his team really work hard to support the CMRA and the riders that are in the club. Their professional program and friendly attitude are a great asset to the region.

DP Brakes – They are some bada$$ brake pads…We have used some of the other high $$$ pads in the past, but DP’s are as good when they are 10 races old as they are when they are new.

I also want to congratulate Derek Wagnon on his performances. It seems that a lot of the guys that we have always battled against (Ty, Dustin, Ricky (Parker), Matt Hall) are either gone, not active with the club, or moving up and Derek has upped his game so that there is great competition still in the club. We look forward to Ty coming back out, he has been the “benchmark” for racers in the CMRA for the last 8 years, and it is great when he is on the track riding with the club.

Looking forward to Cresson.

Marcus

Danny Kelsey
08-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Ditto from above, but I would also like to personally thank Marcus Mcbain and Liberty Motorsports Park for the commitment and unwavering support given to me since day 1 when I through my leg over a road race bike. I again would also like to thank Mitch McGinnis for fronting such a great team this year. It's really great to show up at the track and have most everything ready to go. I am so happy to be a part of M&M Racing this year.

PSR- Power Stands has realy been great this year and we are very happy and fortunate to have access to all of there great products.

KMC Controls- We can't thank them enough for there support toward our team. They have truly taken an interest in our sport and we are very happy to have them on board with us.

Blevins Paint and Body- Robert does great work in the car business and great work in the bike business. Robert has helped us out in many ways this year and we truly appreciate it.

Island Racing- A big thanks to David Hersh. David is such a great guy and it's a pleasure to buy all our Michelin Tires from him.

Trike and Trailer- A great shop in Oklahoma City that has really gone the extra mile to support out team this year. We are very thankful to have them as part of out team.

Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes- Simply a great product. Our bikes look great and we are thankful to have them as part of our team.

I would also like to thank all the CMRA staff for taking on the heat and doing the best job possible for all of us.

It would be difficult for me to continue to do this with out the support of all the great companies above, so please if you have the need, give them a try if you are not already.

Thanks.

Komodo- komodogear.com
Lone Star Track Days- LSTD.com
Island Racing- islandracingservices.com
KMC Controls- kmccontrols.com
Trike and Trailer- sharptrikes.com
Blevins Paint and Body- blevinspaintandbodyshop.com
DP Brakes- dp-brakes.com
Liberty Motorsports Park- libertymotorsportspark.com
Sherwin Williams- sherwin-automotive.com