PDA

View Full Version : Anyone konw someone or work at Apple?

David Roy
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Anyone know someone that works at or can get a deal on Apple products? I need a new computer.

Thanks

Josh Henke
11-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I have this friend, Steve, that used to hook me up, but I haven't heard from him for a few weeks. I'll let you know.

Steven Smith
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Don't think he works there anymore. I heard they had a cutback on jobs.

Ted Phillips
11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Other than educational discounts (get a teacher friend to buy it for you) your best bet is probably their refurb section. I got my mbook pro from there a little over a year ago and have had no problems.

Michael De Simone
11-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I have a friend who's brother works at apple and all he can get him is about 10%. You can do better on their refurb stuff.

If you are looking for cheap, get a PC. Much more performance for the dollar there.

Steven Smith
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Also, they have a Military discount (if you are eligible).

Van Blaylock
11-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Its no different than the student or teacher... liberal A holes were actually really reluctant to offer a military discount.
I bought a Dell XPS 15Z which was designed to go head to head with a 15" MacBook Pro and it rocks... plus I still got an extra grand in my pocket!

Chris Randle
11-09-2011, 08:51 AM
If you ask me aside from coming with iMovie, Macs are overrated. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif They do look better though. LOL!
Have owned a MB Pro for about 2 years.

Jim Dugger
11-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Apple has always been a premium product with part of the value in cachet, and part of the value in competitive performance on technical merit.

They have done a wonderful job of creating true brand preference in a market where the product is an undifferentiated commodity.

Chris Randle
11-09-2011, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Dugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Apple has always been a premium product with part of the value in cachet, and part of the value in competitive performance on technical merit.

They have done a wonderful job of creating true brand preference in a market where the product is an undifferentiated commodity.
</div></div>

Although I am a computer nerd, I know for a fact that I couldn't have said it better myself. LOL!

To make sure that I am not just thread jacking, I will provide some input to David's question.
Teacher discounts are the only ones I have seen, but as a couple have mentioned, if you REALLY have to have a Mac and don't want to sell your firstborn, refurbs are the way to go just make sure that it's really an Apple product.
http://www.zachtheubergeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/applecomputer.jpg

David Roy
11-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I found one 3 months old I am going to pick up for %30 less than new. My kids seem to be able to continuously virus or crash any other windows based systems I buy and I dont have the time to continue to fix them, so we are going to go Apple this time. If it f's up my wife can go stand at the apple counter and figure it out, my excuse is I have no idea how to use one. Thanks for the info guys..