PDA

View Full Version : lights...camera....action!!!

Bob Cronin
03-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Okay so what was the guy with the camera doing at the track?
There was this guy next to our pits with a professional video camera. I saw him about the time that the last red flag was thrown. He said that he was from ABC Austin.
So what's the deal? What's the skinny? What's the poop!
It's hard to believe that someone actually wants to know anything about racing.

GreSam
03-15-2004, 01:02 PM
To my knowledge he was from an Austin TV station and was filming for a piece to be aired, but I don't know when. I think Nancy has his e-mail address and will be in touch with him and us, about an air date. Rest assured 4 hours of footage will be narrowed to a 2 minute spot, but the exposure is great for the club.

Apparently, he was tlaking to a lot of riders about what they do for a living, as a means of showing folks we aren't (all) a bunch of hooligans!

Christopher Corder
03-15-2004, 01:13 PM
He was wearing a Ducati Austin t-shirt under that jacket of his. Hardly unbiased journalism. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nancy Selleck
03-15-2004, 01:33 PM
He's from KVUE in Austin.

Here's the email I received from him late yesterday:

"Nancy, thanks for everything. You guys are fantastic. I had such a great time. They are going to air a little teaser snippet tonite at 10 for the full report I'm going to do later this week. Tell everyone I said thank you
and I'll see you at the next one.

Michael Crawford"

I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

03-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Anyone in the Austin area interested in recording it for us Houstonians?

Jason Keene
03-15-2004, 03:33 PM
I gave him my business card. I work for a Motion Picture company in Austin. KVUE gets equipment from time to time. He laughed "small world eh?" He shot me a line and said it was for a piece to air this week. He also wanted information on other events... I'll keep you all posted /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Barron Houston
03-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Ummm...I hope that wasn't the guy I had words with about where he was parked when I left. Hopefully he won't mention anything in his clip about getting beat up in the parking lot. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Jason Keene
03-15-2004, 04:52 PM
As long as the job was done right..... should not have anything to say till the wire gets removed... :rolleyes:

Old Timer
03-15-2004, 06:50 PM
Its good for the club and the sport, but you don't want to be the rider getting interviewed if they are going to air it during that weekend... I gave an interview at NPR a couple of years ago... they aired it Saturday night and my doggon phone rang until 2:00am! "Hey Man, I saw you on the news, man."

Laley
03-21-2004, 12:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jason Keene:
...it was for a piece to air this week. </div></div>I think I missed it. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif