PDA

View Full Version : ECR Track Renovations begin.

Rob Kuelbs
05-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Just a little update for you guys....as David Cook spoke about at the ECR event, the ECR track improvements have begun. We all know it's been a long time coming, actually it's been a few years of misguided maintenance, trying to fix problems without getting down to the underlying causes. Water has been the track's nemesis, not only showing up on the track, but seeping through the track, and also eroding away underneath causing more pavement issues.

So....phase one of the track work is engineering a new drainage system around the track to control the water. The planning stages are complete, and the drainage crews showed up today to begin digging ditches where drain pipe will be laid to get the water away from the track. The majority of the track will eventually be surrounded by french drains to pipe the water away, as well as drain pipes bored under the track in problem areas and spots where the water has to cross the track to get downhill.

The current construction schedule won't affect any events, as the crews will work Monday through Wednesday or Thursday each week, depending on the weekend's schedule, and will allow a half day at the end of the week to wash, sweep, and dry the track before the weekend's events. At the end of the month, there is also a ten day stretch with no on-track events that should hopefully allow for the drainage work to be completed before June.

Work began today at pit-out and turn two, and will continue around the the track. I'll keep you guys updated with pics of the progress.

http://i.imgur.com/BvPmUvH.jpg?1

Alan Etheredge
05-09-2013, 09:00 AM
..... The majority of the track will eventually be surrounded by french drains to pipe the water away, as well as drain pipes bored under the track in problem areas and spots where the water has to cross the track to get downhill.

The current construction schedule won't affect any events, as the crews will work Monday through Wednesday or Thursday each week, depending on the weekend's schedule, and will allow a half day at the end of the week to wash, sweep, and dry the track before the weekend's events. At the end of the month, there is also a ten day stretch with no on-track events that should hopefully allow for the drainage work to be completed before June.

That's starting to sound like a considered, comprehensive and permanent solution to allow ECR to live up to it's full potential. Kudos to David Cook for undertaking the effort.

Carl Price
05-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Glad to hear it. Love the track .......hate the water.

Joe Fields
05-13-2013, 09:17 AM
(sorry I am new here and to the state)

I have been looking at some of the tracks around here, since I will be moving to the Dallas area in about a month. I've been watching some of the on-board videos of ECR and it looks like the track surface itself has seen much better days. Is there any plans do resurface the track in the near future?