PDA

View Full Version : Introduction / Question

Joe Fields
05-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself real quick before I ask a question about CMRA and also about the area itself. I have just landed a new job in the Dallas area and I will be moving there in about a month or so. I used to race in Florida with CCS back in 2010 and I havent been racing due to just starting a career right out of college, student loan debt, living on my own, yadda yadda. I have been dying to get back into racing and this new job should help financially to get me back into it by next season sometime. I have already been scoping out the tracks that CMRA holds their races at and I am excited to start getting back into the sport.

Two questions:

1) Since I have previous racing experience, but have been inactive for a few years, would I be required to wear the yellow prov-novice shirt one I rejoin? (I don't mind really, I am just curious)

2) I am in the process of trying to find a good place to live just north of Dallas (Coppell, Carrollton, Grapevine, etc...). Anyone have suggestions?

Nancy Selleck
05-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi Joe!

Welcome to Texas and the CMRA!

I can answer question #1, but will leave #2 to everyone else.

The status of Provisional Novice is reserved for new racers who have never had a road race competition license before, so that would not be you. You would simply fill out the license application and provide a copy of your previous CCS license and you'll be good to do.

I'm in the office M-F, 9-3 so please feel free to contact me directly via phone or email with any other questions you may have.

Joe Fields
05-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi Joe!

Welcome to Texas and the CMRA!

I can answer question #1, but will leave #2 to everyone else.

The status of Provisional Novice is reserved for new racers who have never had a road race competition license before, so that would not be you. You would simply fill out the license application and provide a copy of your previous CCS license and you'll be good to do.

I'm in the office M-F, 9-3 so please feel free to contact me directly via phone or email with any other questions you may have.

Thanks Nancy!

I do not have the original nor a copy of my old license. I still have the certificate of completion from the race school I went to though.

Jim Dugger
05-13-2013, 09:42 AM
2) I am in the process of trying to find a good place to live just north of Dallas (Coppell, Carrollton, Grapevine, etc...). Anyone have suggestions?

Any of those are fine. They are typical suburbs with nice homes, low crime, good schools, etc, in a wide range of prices. I presume you are looking for a single family home and have kids? That's the typical demographic of those areas.

Joe Fields
05-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Any of those are fine. They are typical suburbs with nice homes, low crime, good schools, etc, in a wide range of prices. I presume you are looking for a single family home and have kids? That's the typical demographic of those areas.

Ok good to know that I was looking in the right place. No kids.....yet. Just me and my wife for the time being :)

Nancy Selleck
05-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks Nancy!

I do not have the original nor a copy of my old license. I still have the certificate of completion from the race school I went to though.

You can contact CCS (Kevin or Henry) and they will provide you with a letter on CCS letterhead confirming that you had a license, the year that you raced, and your status. You can include that with your license application.

Joe Fields
05-13-2013, 11:31 AM
You can contact CCS (Kevin or Henry) and they will provide you with a letter on CCS letterhead confirming that you had a license, the year that you raced, and your status. You can include that with your license application.

Ok great! Will do!