PDA

View Full Version : Crash in race 14

Patt Hagens
05-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Paw Paw here. Made it back home to Plano with the help of the Warren's. Ischar and Ben Gooding too.. Nothing like the Cmra family!
Mucho Grass. They are awesome.
I took a really bad high side there in the first lap coming out of busstop
and banged the pavement hard several times including doing the splits. My gear did its job thank goodness.
I am having surgery later today for a broken pelvis and into my hip, 3 fractures total, I split my pelvis.
Going to plate it back together.
A couple of days in the hospital then a week rehab. Going to be out for while,
But I will be back. Hope to learn to be a little easier on the throttle in corners. Lol
Will update after surgery

Patt Hagens
05-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Ok update. Good news
Just saw an ortho spec
No surgery for me. Rehab , no weight lifting for 10 weeks. Yahoo
Still have 2 tornout groins from the splits. This is blessing.

Josh Henke
05-20-2013, 07:57 AM
Wow, Pat! That sucks. I wondered who red-flagged it, but thought it might be you based on what I saw in Race Monitor. Hope you heal well and quick.

Ben Gooding
05-20-2013, 08:22 AM
That's great news, heal up quickly!

Heinz Roy
05-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Wow Patrick....dang. Sorry to hear this. Heal up quickly and completely and be back soon. If you need anything, call me....214.476.8065 anytime.

Thanks for not running over me too at the start of the ME... : )

Brandt Dillon
05-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Heal up quick paw paw! You're an inspiration to so many!

William Guthrie
05-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Dang, didn't know it was you that went down.... Glad your in good spirits! Good luck with the procedures. I think David Proler got the video of the crash.

Dirk Anderson
05-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Geesh Paw Paw....glad you are ok. Heal up Quick!

Frank Roberts
05-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Ouch that sounds bad. Heal up!

Howard Spurgeon
05-20-2013, 10:12 AM
From what I saw of the crash, you are lucky nothing is broken. So happy to read your update.

Speedy recovery,

Howard
Dave
Deano

Jennifer Millsap
05-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Patt, I'm so happy to see this update. You've been on my mind since it happened. Anything you need, we'll help you. Keep us updated!

Allen Dye
05-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Dangit Pat! I justified getting into racing because of you. Don't go smashing yourself all up!

Very happy to hear you've made it through OK. I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kasey Lewis
05-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Glad to hear you got off relatively easy, it looked really nasty as you tumbled off the track. Heal up quick! We'll miss you out there!

Brandie Cox
05-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey Pat

I didnt realized you crashed yesterday and I am so sorry for what you have endured thus far. I am grateful to hear you do not need surgery to heal. Is there a fracture in your actual hip joint? I assume not since you do not need surgery but just wanted to make sure. I am always very grateful for you and your advice (which I will continue to need). Take time to rest and please keep us all updated on how you are doing. I know you will be very sore! Please let me know if I can help you with anything. I have faith you will be back very soon! Much Love, Brandie

Mike Gilliland
05-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Great news about not needing surgery. Us "mature" racers don't bounce quite as well as the youngsters! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Ty Howard
05-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry about your crash Patt. Didn't realize that was you. Heal up quick. Hope to see you at the track again soon.

It was great talking to you yesterday.

Michael De Simone
05-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Really sorry to hear about your crash, we found out on our way home, but very glad to hear you won't need surgery. Heal up quick and get back out there, you are an inspiration to all of us!

Jim Dugger
05-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Emily sends special love and wishes you a quick recovery.

She said you are the stuff!

David Proler
05-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Dang, didn't know it was you that went down.... Glad your in good spirits! Good luck with the procedures. I think David Proler got the video of the crash.

I only have the view of the two or three other riders that rode off onto the grass to the left and me just passing Paw Paw on the right.

Enoc Garza
05-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Great news! Heal up quick Sir!

Patt Hagens
05-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys, still in hospital, shuffled around with a walker today. old men, its how we roll...... LOL
I will be back, just be a while. Pulled a Cleland there, too much throttle coming out of busstop chasing Napier.. Ha
High sided before I knew it.... Landed doing the splits... ouch! tore out my groins, broke stuff, then just to add insult I started bouncing and slamming
on my back several times..... My gear did its job. the Dianese back protector has the honeycomb aluminum skeleton.... crushed it on the right side
My Aria helmet is completely trashed.
Post up the video, would like to see. Brian Milsap got some video also I think.
Not good to see Ryan and Walter staring down onto your helmet asking questions
Thanks again to the CMRA for the help getting loaded and home.. nothing better

David Proler
05-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Glad your gear did it's job. Get well soon!

Greg Gilstrap
05-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Patt, great to hear that you're up. Had sent you an email through the local forum as well. If you need any help, give a hollar!!!

Jennifer Millsap
05-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks guys, still in hospital, shuffled around with a walker today. old men, its how we roll...... LOL
I will be back, just be a while. Pulled a Cleland there, too much throttle coming out of busstop chasing Napier.. Ha
High sided before I knew it.... Landed doing the splits... ouch! tore out my groins, broke stuff, then just to add insult I started bouncing and slamming
on my back several times..... My gear did its job. the Dianese back protector has the honeycomb aluminum skeleton.... crushed it on the right side
My Aria helmet is completely trashed.
Post up the video, would like to see. Brian Milsap got some video also I think.
Not good to see Ryan and Walter staring down onto your helmet asking questions
Thanks again to the CMRA for the help getting loaded and home.. nothing better
Brian did get video. I'll ask him to post it tonight.

David Proler
05-21-2013, 06:55 PM
I went down later on in the same race, and I accidentally deleted that one, but I have a little piece of this one. Get well soon.

Alan Etheredge
05-22-2013, 12:13 AM
darn, Patt, don't be doin' that agin!

Heal up fast, always look forward to your smiling face at the races!

Brian Millsap
05-22-2013, 01:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcD9koYMyIw&feature=youtu.be

Jim Dugger
05-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Yikes. Heal up fast, Buddy...

David Proler
05-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Here is another angle a little further back than Brian's: http://youtu.be/4QQZG8jgwso.

Jordan Pence
05-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Here is another angle a little further back than Brian's: http://youtu.be/4QQZG8jgwso.

What are you using to get that neat data on the video?

Lynda Stark
05-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Get well soon Patt.

David Proler
05-28-2013, 09:09 PM
What are you using to get that neat data on the video?

Optrix VideoPro for iOS. It's a combo of an iPhone case that is available for iPhone 4's & 5's and the software that works with the wide-angle lens inside of the case. It records the raw video first and then you can overlay the data onto a second one. The assisted-GPS functionality of the iPhone is semi-fair (which has some delays); however, you can use an external GPS receiver that works via Bluetooth, but I don't care that much.