PDA

View Full Version : Race Bike?: Kawasaki '13 ZX636 or '12 ZX600 ? ..... ABS or Non-ABS ?

Javier Martinez-Abrego
05-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi guys,

Hope everyone made it safe back home. With that thunderstorm it seems that the drive back was more of a challenge for some than posting a good result at the races. My sons Javier #199 and Gabriel #196 had a blast, as usual, this past Saturday at Mini-Sprints and Mini-Endurance races.

Looking forward for 2014 season, we are tinking about setting up a 600 bike so Javier can ride for practice and track days this year.

I have access to either a 2013 Kawasaki 636 or a 2012 ZX-6R; I understand that the 636 is not legal at this moment for C Superstock but considering we are thinking about racing it for the following 2-3 seasons, here are my questions:

* Shall we consider the 636 with Traction Control or the older 600 so it can be legal for CSS?
* Either one, shall we get the ABS or the Non-ABS version?

I have no experience with ABS at racing and have received comments differing which one is the more suitable for the track.

Thank you in advance for your kind opinions and suggestions, and thank's for the CMRA Staff for other great weekend.

Javier Martinez-Abrego