PDA

View Full Version : NOLA Thanks from the Desert Rats

Derek Thomas
06-16-2013, 11:54 PM
The Desert Rats endured the long drive to NOLA this past weekend, but it was well worth it, the facility is awesome and we really enjoyed the track and it's amenities. It was great to hang out with the TEAM, I actually got to play the TPC course close by and had a great weekend riding and racing.

The TEAM would like to thank the following:
The Original BT Racer...Brad Thomas
Dunlop Tires
Whoopies Race School
Stadium Yamaha
Cycle Concepts
Davis Rod and Cycle
Raceworx
Silkolene
Vortex
Galfer
Moto Liberty
Woodcraft

I hope those who stopped by enjoyed the crawfish and we must give a BIG thanks to the two gentlemen primarily responsible for the boil...Mr. Bill and Little Bill Hirstus. They were more than gracious to help us host our little shindig. Not only did they cook, they helped in the pits and were great company...I cannot thank them enough.

http://www.cmraracing.com/album.php?u=133

Congratulations to LSTD, they were in a league all their own that day. I hate that some of our competition had issues, but I'm certain they will all bounce back for the next round. See you at the racetrack soon.

Thanks,
Derek Thomas
Desert Rats Racing #47

Olay Bayramoglu
06-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Congrats Derek, you guys rode your aXX's off...

marcus mcbain
06-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Great riding guys...you all are timeless!

Derek Thomas
06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys. As soon as I can, I will post a great picture of the crawfish "table" before the eating frenzy began!

David Proler
06-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Thank you for that food BTW... Yummy!

Matt Vastine
06-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Congrats & Thanks, my wife enjoyed the crawfish WAY more than watching me ride.

Derek Thomas
06-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Added pictures...wanted them embedded but perhaps I'll eventually figure it out. 80 lbs of good eating, the second picture is just a bunch of ugly guys with two little cute ones thrown in!

Brad Thomas
06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks to the CMRA for ALL the hard work! Hope we can race NOLA again.

Derek Thomas
06-24-2013, 01:01 PM
So, thought we got second, results show us in third.

Frank Roberts
06-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Wow. Wrong results?

Greg Wanless
06-24-2013, 01:15 PM
We did get second! Who shall we talk to about getting this resolved? Funny how the live timing showed it correct but now all of a sudden the posted results showed different? Yes, we did not pit with three laps to go.

Nancy Selleck
06-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Just an FYI, live timing is not official. Posted results are official. They were posted at 6:09 p.m. on Saturday 6/16 and without a protest, became official at 6:39 p.m.

Derek Thomas
06-24-2013, 01:43 PM
We'll work it out with scoring. If we failed to look at results.....well then, a hard lesson learned. We've been doing this long enough to not always think about the beer, crawfish, festivities after the race...there's still work to do to with regards to securing your expected finishing position. I'm sure by 6:39 I had a slip(or two) of an adult beverage and was being asked many questions about the properties of brussel sprouts and their abilty to soak up the crawfish seasoning!

D.

Ben Gooding
06-24-2013, 03:37 PM
FYI, we had the exact same issue. Team BOHICA

Race monitor had us finishing 8th with a 40 second cushion, about 1 hr later someone mentions that we finished 9th, so we check results and we are missing a lap and finished 9th, down about 1:20. Too late to protest and we are in NO, so let the party begin!!
Once the results are posted on the CMRA results page, it shows
us doing a 4:00 lap 171, when we were hot and on track, while Race monitor had us doing 2 roughly 2:00 min laps.

Just wanting the officials to know that something may be amiss. We learned to check results ASAP!

Greg LeClair
06-24-2013, 04:10 PM
I'll look into these issues with the scoring/results ASAP. I appreciate your patience, thanks.
Stupid computers. :headshake:

Derek Thomas
06-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Ben I hate to here that...BUT perhaps Greg can look into this as that correlates to lap 184 by the leaders and that is when our missed lap occurred as well!

Brandon Young
07-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Derek you have a PM