PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm Moving to Texas

Will Coats
06-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be moving to Nagocdoches TX in a few weeks so I'm going to be looking to do some CMRA racing :) I'm moving from Atlanta and I've been doing WERA racing so far this year on my SV650. It's my first season racing, I did the rider school and got my licence at the end of the year last year. Anything I need to know about CMRA? I glanced at the roolbook and it looked like there were similar sprint classes. I also see that I can use my WERA license to race in two CMRA race weekend. What do I need to do to get a CMRA license after that?

Looking forward to meeting people and making some new friends at the track,

Will

dean webster
06-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing another SV on the grid. I hope you like tracks with "character." Nancy Selleck will be able to answer all your questions.

Michael De Simone
06-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be moving to Nagocdoches TX in a few weeks so I'm going to be looking to do some CMRA racing :) I'm moving from Atlanta and I've been doing WERA racing so far this year on my SV650. It's my first season racing, I did the rider school and got my licence at the end of the year last year. Anything I need to know about CMRA? I glanced at the roolbook and it looked like there were similar sprint classes. I also see that I can use my WERA license to race in two CMRA race weekend. What do I need to do to get a CMRA license after that?

Looking forward to meeting people and making some new friends at the track,

Will

Welcome! I think the answers to your questions are outlined in the rule book. I'm pretty sure you just need to fill out the form and pay the fee since you already hold a license from another org.

Eric Falt
06-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Will, you are going to have a blast! We have 1 track about 6 hours away (Hallet), 1 track about 5 hours away (Houston) 1 track about 4 hours away (Texas World Speedway) and 2 tracks about 3 hours away. And maybe COTA if that dream ever comes true. So get ready for some great people, and some great racing!!!

Alan Etheredge
06-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Hey everyone,

....... I glanced at the roolbook and it looked like there were similar sprint classes. I also see that I can use my WERA license to race in two CMRA race weekend. What do I need to do to get a CMRA license after that? .....

Welcome to Texas and the CMRA, Will!

After your first two races under the WERA license (note you do not get CMRA points when you use that option) you simply convert your license to a full CMRA license by paying the license fee applicable at that point in the season ($105 if you buy now through Sep 29th; $25 if you buy after Sep 29th).

So, if you race with us more than twice including the Sep 27-29 ECR weekend you might as well go ahead and get the full CMRA license from the start since the cost is the same.

Give Nancy Selleck a call at the CMRA Office, 817-570-9779 (M-F, 9AM - 3PM) and she'll explain all the options and how to do it in advance of your first race.

William Guthrie
06-18-2013, 07:47 PM
there goes the neighborhood...

Will Coats
06-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Looking forward to seeing another SV on the grid. I hope you like tracks with "character." Nancy Selleck will be able to answer all your questions.

Ok, cool. what do you mean by character? rough track surface? How's the novice turn out in the LWTs classes been so far this year? So far this year in the WERA races I've been to have had poor turn out for Novices on SVs. In the LWT SS there were over twice as many experts gridded up as novices...

I'm going to shoot for doing July 27-28th at TWS as my first race with CMRA and going to try to do the rest of the races for the season. I look forward to meeting people and trying to learn some new tracks(I'd just started to get comfortable with the tracks in the SE).

Thomas Eimermacher
06-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Welcome aboard the CMRA SV classes! The grids in the novice classes (SSD, SBD, LWT, F2) are not huge, but they do make for some fantastic racing.

If you want some help getting you through your first CMRA event, you're welcome to pit with us. We'll be at TWS!

Carl Price
06-22-2013, 05:37 PM
​Welcome! Happy to help if I can.

Mike Canzoneri
06-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Hey Will, welcome to the CMRA and SV class! My dad and I run SV Expert classes and will be at TWS. You're welcome to pit with us and we'll help you out where we can. Good luck and see ya down there!