PDA

View Full Version : Results posted from NOLA?

David Kobierowski
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Hello,

I haven't noticed any results posted from NOLA?

Are they still being worked on, or posted in a different place than previous races?

Thanks.

Ted Phillips
06-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm sure Greg is still trying to find the time to process them. It was a long drive back and I know he had a lot of projects at his day job to tackle this week. If you have the Race Monitor app most, if not all, of the Sat/Sun race results are there from which you can extrapolate their effect on standings.

David Kobierowski
06-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Gotcha'.

Thx Ted.

David Proler
06-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I might be creating an iPhone app that will take all historical data for a rider and provide analysis based on user-based criteria (track, tires, etc.). I have to determine if there would be enough interest to make it worthwhile. I think it would be personally helpful for me to compare my times and percentages as I return to a track since I am new to moto racing. I would want it to tie into the same API that race monitor uses for instant analysis.

Kasey Lewis
06-19-2013, 06:53 PM
I might be creating an iPhone app that will take all historical data for a rider and provide analysis based on user-based criteria (track, tires, etc.). I have to determine if there would be enough interest to make it worthwhile. I think it would be personally helpful for me to compare my times and percentages as I return to a track since I am new to moto racing. I would want it to tie into the same API that race monitor uses for instant analysis.

In!

Steve McNamara
06-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Damn Greg!!!
You have a day job too??? :-)

Greg LeClair
06-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Hey, sorry for the delay, folks. Taking care of the work backup on Tuesday, then I took the kids camping for a few days. Just a for the record, Pedernales Falls state park has ZERO connectivity: internet, cell phone or otherwise. Jeez.

Anyway, I tried to get the results posted before I left, but the app was throwing errors. SO...long story even longer....they will be up a little later today.

David Proler
06-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Anyway, I tried to get the results posted before I left, but the app was throwing errors. SO...long story even longer....they will be up a little later today.

Hi Greg,

I'm contemplating the idea of writing an iOS app that pulls in rider data from Race Monitor. Do you know who a good point of contact would be to link to the existing API? My goal is to provide real time data analysis compared against historical data for one or more racers. I'm not sure how useful this will be for everyone, but it would be nice to start tracking and crunching racing data. It would would eventually be on the AppStore to recover developement costs. Thank you very much!

Thanks,
David

David Kobierowski
06-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the update Greg.

Greg LeClair
06-21-2013, 04:59 PM
OK, results are posted. Please let me know if you find any problems.

Ted Phillips
06-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks Greg!

Greg LeClair
06-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi Greg,

I'm contemplating the idea of writing an iOS app that pulls in rider data from Race Monitor. Do you know who a good point of contact would be to link to the existing API? My goal is to provide real time data analysis compared against historical data for one or more racers. I'm not sure how useful this will be for everyone, but it would be nice to start tracking and crunching racing data. It would would eventually be on the AppStore to recover developement costs. Thank you very much!

Thanks,
David

David, we just point an RMontitor feed to a preset RaceMonitor IP address so they can publish the feed via their app...I don't know of any API they publish. Try contacting them http://www.race-monitor.com/ they may have more information. Good luck!
- Greg

David Proler
06-21-2013, 05:16 PM
David, we just point an RMontitor feed to a preset RaceMonitor IP address so they can publish the feed via their app...I don't know of any API they publish. Try contacting them http://www.race-monitor.com/ they may have more information. Good luck!
- Greg

Thanks for the info, Greg. I might post a separate thread to see if there is enough interest for me to make it worthwhile. Thanks again!

Alan Etheredge
06-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Damn Greg!!!
You have a day job too??? :-)

And apparently a home life with kids away from racing, too !!!!!

Happy belated Father's Day, Greg, hope you and the family had a good time away from connectivity at 'The Falls' !

Thanks for all you do for the club !!!!

Greg LeClair
06-21-2013, 09:24 PM
And apparently a home life with kids away from racing, too !!!!!

Happy belated Father's Day, Greg, hope you and the family had a good time away from connectivity at 'The Falls' !

Thanks for all you do for the club !!!!

Thank Alan! It's my pleasure working with such a dedicated group! :hail: