PDA

View Full Version : You just don't do that...

Becka Harvey
07-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Pushing other teams out of the way to make room for your pit set-up. It's just rude and an excellent example of doucherocketry. The other teams had clearly marked their pit areas. The space between their things was not for you to shove your canopy into. That space was left open for those teams to set up their canopies in the morning.

Joe Fields
07-05-2013, 09:35 PM
not cool....not cool at all....:whack:

Ryan Warren
07-05-2013, 09:44 PM
thats not cool. kinda reminds me of the time I had some cones out at TWS and I come back and this guy is setting up his bike in the middle of my square of cones. I pointed out that while it was first come first serve my cones clearly indicated I was there first. he looked at me like he didn't speak the same language.

Becka Harvey
07-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Everyone made it work. I'm kind of like a small dog. Really quick to get excited and yappy, just as quick to chill :) Let's go racing!

Greg Gilstrap
07-08-2013, 08:32 PM
thats not cool. kinda reminds me of the time I had some cones out at TWS and I come back and this guy is setting up his bike in the middle of my square of cones. I pointed out that while it was first come first serve my cones clearly indicated I was there first. he looked at me like he didn't speak the same language.

With all due respect my friend, I showed up for the TWS event last fall, got there when the gates had opened.
I arrived to find 95+% (literally!!!) of ALL paddock space roped off, coned off, jerked off, with about FIVE bikes in the entire paddock of all three covered areas.
Just because someone finds a way to get in there on Wednesday, or some other day during the week, or even the weekend before (when leaving from a track day/weekend, as we all know there are events at the track the weekend before we arrive for CMRA/Lonestar), and "reserve" an area in that manner, is absurd.

Ryan Warren
07-08-2013, 09:06 PM
With all due respect my friend, I showed up for the TWS event last fall, got there when the gates had opened.
I arrived to find 95+% (literally!!!) of ALL paddock space roped off, coned off, jerked off, with about FIVE bikes in the entire paddock of all three covered areas.
Just because someone finds a way to get in there on Wednesday, or some other day during the week, or even the weekend before (when leaving from a track day/weekend, as we all know there are events at the track the weekend before we arrive for CMRA/Lonestar), and "reserve" an area in that manner, is absurd.

FNG

Michael De Simone
07-08-2013, 09:42 PM

I watched the first person put there stuff out. So that wasn't the case here

Joe Rodriguez
07-09-2013, 08:05 AM

its in the rule book, once you mark your spot ,its yours .
but again, one could interpret rules as they best fit .

i had a guy try to set up literally under my 5th wheel hitch at TWS this year, then when i told him i needed the spot for my truck he pulled the rule book quote.
so i guess when this guy went back for the rule book,his common sense fell out of his itty bitty back pocket, jackass.

some leave home extra early to get there early enough to get a spot,TWS is the easiest even for big trailer...... dont think that BC you setup in BFE that you will be left alone either LOL

Peyton Inge
07-09-2013, 08:48 AM
i had a guy try to set up literally under my 5th wheel hitch at TWS this year, then when i told him i needed the spot for my truck he pulled the rule book quote.

Who has two thumbs, tow chains, and is happy to assist in recovering a blocked in trailer?

Ran into the same guy at Hallett. No further issues are anticipated.

Fox Schaffer
07-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I have found that racing is tough enough on the track, that I try my absolute best to make friends in the pits, I had a real loud generator first time this year at TWS and had a good spot to park (my first genny at MSRA was not enough power and had to rent from Home Depot), BUT as soon as I got home I put that generator up for sale to buy an Inverter, it wasn't cheapest way to go at the time, but in the long run, having friends when you have a shifter piece missing, or a broken what-not, far outweighs the immediate gratification now. Yes, I get there early on Thursdays, only to be surprised that ALL the covered spots are filled, but a ghost town of people or activity, makes me scratch my head. But in all seriousness, please pay attention, if a closed/locked trailer has space behind and in front, it ISN'T for you to try and squeeze a pit in there because you arrived at the last minute, use common sense, figure 15 feet minimum for a trailer ramp and room to unload a bike, and figure 20 feet minimum in front for a vehicle to come hook-up...this is just plain basic courtesy, please?! And who knows, the racer or team you respect, may be the person with a spare brake lever, or I even heard someone asking for a helmet this past Sunday. If you sow seeds of respect, and make yourself friendly, you will reap respect and friendship...but if you sow selfishness, don't be surprised when you need an R6 brake lever, and half the pits are R6's, that dog gone it, there isn't a spare on the lot!!! You get what you give with interest ;-) Keep in mind we have the GREATEST Road Racing Club in the WORLD, if you ask me, let's do our absolute best to keep it this way, please?!

Allen Dye
07-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Good post Fox...

Keith Hertell
07-09-2013, 11:07 AM
If this is about our team putting our stuff between chaos racing and Team Green: WE DID NOT TOUCH ANYBODY"S STUFF. I've been racing for 15+ years and know not to move anything. But if there is a gap I'll fill. :) There was CLEARLY ten feet between the two EZ-ups as you could tell when all three fit on the pavement.

Roger Albert
07-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I have found that racing is tough enough on the track, that I try my absolute best to make friends in the pits, I had a real loud generator first time this year at TWS and had a good spot to park (my first genny at MSRA was not enough power and had to rent from Home Depot), BUT as soon as I got home I put that generator up for sale to buy an Inverter, it wasn't cheapest way to go at the time, but in the long run, having friends when you have a shifter piece missing, or a broken what-not, far outweighs the immediate gratification now.

Yes, great post Fox! Thanks!

Cody Stewart
07-09-2013, 03:59 PM

x 1,000,000

Joe Rodriguez
07-09-2013, 04:24 PM
moral of the story, when i load up to go racing , i assume im going to hallet and gonna have to setup in the $100 gravel pit from now on....

one thing to add, if one keeps enough friends on the paddock, you'll be hard pressed to get there and NOT have a spot..... juss sayin'

Greg Gilstrap
07-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Rebecca, am sorry this has turned away from your incident of the past weekend.
If you had a canopy up somewhere and someone moved it out of the way to make room for their own stuff, that is very uncool.

My issue with this topic only applies to when someone arrives to a track, and finds that all the free-available 'hard-covered canopy space' (TWS is of course the prime example) has been "reserved" with cones and rope, but NO ONE IS THERE, this does NOT apply to "First come, First served".

Upon arrival to the track, when the gates open for THAT weekend event, is where "First come, First served" rules apply.

I was told explicitly by Steve McNamara, if the gates have just opened, and no one is present in the paddock area, and there are no true 'hard goods' (motorcycles, pit bikes, gas cans, tools, etc) present, just a rope or a cone in the space, they are "not there", and it will not be considered to be "reserved"...

Joe Rodriguez
07-16-2013, 10:37 AM
i wonder if said people leaving stuff over for a week would start nagging when their stuff is cleaned out by TWS fantastic security/cleaning/collecting crew ....

Harold Lambert
07-16-2013, 11:48 AM
moral of the story, when i load up to go racing , i assume im going to hallet and gonna have to setup in the $100 gravel pit from now on....

one thing to add, if one keeps enough friends on the paddock, you'll be hard pressed to get there and NOT have a spot..... juss sayin'

Yeah that brings a whole new situation into the mix.
For example: TWS - found a spot no ropes cones etc. set up half my stuff including bike and when people came next door told me the spot was saved for someone else and had to move. Thats some BS right there. Being the gentleman that I am striving to be I moved. Apparently someone upstairs appreciates my trying to be decent and kind rewarded me with even a better spot. That still doesnt remove the fact that I was tired from setting up twice. Lesson learned. Screw that unpredictable power covered canopy and all that setting up crap. Back to your program.

Kasey Lewis
07-16-2013, 01:42 PM
I vote mad max beyond thunder dome rules!

David Proler
07-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Karma works.