PDA

View Full Version : Prov Nov Thank You!

Allen Dye
07-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to a few people for helping me get to the track and walking me through my first day;

Nancy for not making me feel like an idiot with my phone calls to her and for making it easy to get to the track;

Danny Dominquez for patience after many missed calls and PM's...and for getting me through tech...and for having my back during the "incident";

Sheila Paul for encouraging me to start racing and offering me advice on classes, etc...and for the ride up to see where I was gridded. Sweet!;

Clay Kumlangngam for answering a lot of questions and helping me get to the grid on time...

Many people who aren't on this list that got me to the track in the first place who showed me that riding 1,000 miles a day for 11 days isn't the only way to have fun on a bike.

My fellow racers who gave me lot's of room and didn't stuff me too aggressively...I'm old and slow...I hope I didn't hold anyone up.

And of course the corner workers and officials who make everything run smoothly!

I'll be back soon.

Allen Dye
ProvNov #270
Ancient Classic 748RS

Heinz Roy
07-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Congratulations on your weekend! Sounds like you had fun. And, that's what it is all about.

:thumb:

dean webster
07-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Well done Allen. The first weekend is shambolic no matter how much you plan. It can only be done with the help of fellow racers. Sounds like you got that help. Welcome to the club!

David Proler
07-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Start saving your money. :)

Allen Dye
07-08-2013, 11:27 AM
LOL David! I teach MSF to make money to race now. My laundry will never get done now; work to race...work...race...work to race...work...race...work to race...work...race...

:lol:

David Proler
07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
This was my first race weekend without a yellow shirt, and I'm still buying racing crap that you have to have. Then there's tires! A money pit that's truly worth every penny.

Brandon Orr
07-08-2013, 02:28 PM
This was my first race weekend without a yellow shirt, and I'm still buying racing crap that you have to have. Then there's tires! A money pit that's truly worth every penny.

I might break even if I could stop buying CMRA shirts for me and my wife.

Jim Dugger
07-08-2013, 03:20 PM

There's no feeling like fresh rubber.

David Proler
07-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Especially Dunlops.

Marian Orchard
07-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I might break even if I could stop buying CMRA shirts for me and my wife.

You can save money by bringing a printed copy of the event flyer with you to the merchandise booth, there's usually some type of discount on those!

Linz Leard
07-10-2013, 02:26 AM
There's no feeling like fresh rubber.

Agreed. What price safety?