PDA

View Full Version : MSR - SuperStock C Novice Crash

Brandon Orr
08-26-2013, 02:51 PM
I was in an accident at the finish line on race 5 Sunday. While I had a camera the file corrupted of course.
I ran a perl script and can get most of the video to play back without audio but it cuts off the last 20 seconds well before the crash.

Did anyone get footage of this accident, or had success fixing a GOPRO video files after a crash?

Michael De Simone
08-26-2013, 03:04 PM
I was in an accident at the finish line on race 5 Sunday. While I had a camera the file corrupted of course.
I ran a perl script and can get most of the video to play back without audio but it cuts off the last 20 seconds well before the crash.

Did anyone get footage of this accident, or had success fixing a GOPRO video files after a crash?

Had the same issues with go pro crash footage, found a couple tools and some guys in Russia or somewhere that said they could recover it. Ended up getting the same results - last 15-20 seconds were missing.

Brandon Orr
08-26-2013, 03:36 PM
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?forum_uri=stickie-corrupt-video-file-restore-repair-utility&t=1013&start=

I got the script from here. Like I said, it recovered everything but the good part or I guess the bad part.

I was hoping someone was behind me and got some footage. I saw them shooting footage in RattleSnake on the sidelines.

Allen Dye
08-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey Brandon...I was in all kinds of trouble in race 5 but I don't have footage...but what happened to you???

I didn't quite make it to the finish...

Brandon Orr
08-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Hey Brandon...I was in all kinds of trouble in race 5 but I don't have footage...but what happened to you???

I didn't quite make it to the finish...

I crashed into the back of Thomas Rodriguez right at the finish. Brakes were thrown on hard up ahead and everyone bunched up, I just couldn't stop. It was a real drag race to the finish line.

Allen Dye
08-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Oooops....everyone ok? I tried to slide under another prov nov pretty good in little bend. I wasn't close enough...dumb, dumb move on my part...he stayed up though...I got to see the ground sky movie. Tear your bike up?

Brandon Orr
08-26-2013, 05:05 PM
I will really go over the bike today and will make a WTB thread. :lol:

Yeah Thomas was ok, not sure how he feels today but he took it well.

Jim Dugger
08-26-2013, 06:07 PM
For what it's worth, I nearly took out a Prov Nov in the same corner the weekend before in the mock race -- front tire was chirping! It's a good lesson we all need from time-to-time -- keep the pace up through the first corner after Start/Finish at places like NOLA, ECR and Cresson where T1 comes quickly, and make some space around you.

Brandon Orr
08-26-2013, 07:27 PM
For what it's worth, I nearly took out a Prov Nov in the same corner the weekend before in the mock race -- front tire was chirping! It's a good lesson we all need from time-to-time -- keep the pace up through the first corner after Start/Finish at places like NOLA, ECR and Cresson where T1 comes quickly, and make some space around you.

I think it might be a good thing if this could be pointed out at riders meetings more often and make sure the ProvNov's know also.
I have run into this issue before at ECR but was able to avoid it. I feel bad hitting someone else but he understood I couldn't avoid it.

Danny Dominguez
08-26-2013, 07:58 PM
I go over this at TWS in the prov nov meetings...will make sure I do it at every track from now on....

Brandon Orr
08-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks Danny

Cody Stewart
08-27-2013, 10:21 AM
I go over this at TWS in the prov nov meetings...will make sure I do it at every track from now on....
I heard it at my prov nov meeting, but it's not just prov novs that do it. I've seen novice riders racing for the championship do it as well.
-Cody

Brandon Orr
08-27-2013, 10:25 AM
I heard it at my prov nov meeting, but it's not just prov novs that do it. I've seen novice riders racing for the championship do it as well.
-Cody

I believe our situation was not a prov nov. It all happened so fast but I don't remember a yellow shirt.

Allen Dye
08-27-2013, 10:51 AM
It's easy to forget right there...checkered flag, roll off, slow a little for big bend...three or four riders...stacking up...bam...

Joe Rodriguez
08-27-2013, 02:56 PM
easy, finish the corner like you were still in it.
checker dont mean stop , for Pete's sake.

and what the heck with all the people looking behind them while racing, SMH.......

Kasey Lewis
08-27-2013, 05:46 PM

and what the heck with all the people looking behind them while racing, SMH.......

I'm just checking my gopro......

Ryan Warren
08-27-2013, 06:22 PM
honestly, I run the cool down at a decent pace. everyone should. get off the track asap and let them clear it for the next race.

Brandon Orr
08-28-2013, 08:20 AM

That was the issue.

dean webster
08-28-2013, 01:27 PM
honestly, I run the cool down at a decent pace. everyone should. get off the track asap and let them clear it for the next race.

I like to take the cool down lap at a more leisurely pace so I can acknowledge all my fans.

Allen Dye
08-28-2013, 02:32 PM
My cool down lap is done at race pace...which is normally much slower than anyone else's cool down lap pace.

Good news is a set of race tires will last me about 5 years...and still work well even after they get hard and start to dry rot.