PDA

View Full Version : CMRA Hall of Fame

Brooks Gremmels
10-17-2002, 01:08 PM
It is high time to begin formally recognizing the five World Champions and four National Champions who grew up racing in the CMRA. The Board has voted to establish the CMRA Hall of Fame Award. The first recipient is Colin Edwards. I spoke with Colin last Sunday and he said that he has our Awards Banquet on his calendar and plans to attend. The only hitch would be an obligation to be tire testing on that date if that is required.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
10-17-2002, 01:08 PM
It is high time to begin formally recognizing the five World Champions and four National Champions who grew up racing in the CMRA. The Board has voted to establish the CMRA Hall of Fame Award. The first recipient is Colin Edwards. I spoke with Colin last Sunday and he said that he has our Awards Banquet on his calendar and plans to attend. The only hitch would be an obligation to be tire testing on that date if that is required.
Brooks

SMILEYMAN
10-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Great Idea! Can't wait. Who has that number for Hayden and Schwantz? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

SMILEYMAN
10-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Great Idea! Can't wait. Who has that number for Hayden and Schwantz? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Regenia
10-17-2002, 06:21 PM
There is at least on more,what about Doug Polan?

Regenia
10-17-2002, 06:21 PM
There is at least on more,what about Doug Polan?

E. Templet
10-17-2002, 08:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Regenia Compton:
There is at least on more,what about Doug Polan?</div></div>Regenia,

So you transistion from an unemployed "gate keeper" and subsequently find the time to post to the message board. Is this true or were you just a lurker previously? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Welcome for sure!

E. Templet
10-17-2002, 08:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Regenia Compton:
There is at least on more,what about Doug Polan?</div></div>Regenia,

So you transistion from an unemployed "gate keeper" and subsequently find the time to post to the message board. Is this true or were you just a lurker previously? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Welcome for sure!

Brooks Gremmels
10-18-2002, 09:24 AM
How come Doug Polan? The World Champions that I was counting were Doug Polan, Kevin Schwantz, John Kocinski, Freddy Spencer and Colin Edwards. The National Champs were Sam McDonald, Britt Turkington and Jeff Nash.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
10-18-2002, 09:24 AM
How come Doug Polan? The World Champions that I was counting were Doug Polan, Kevin Schwantz, John Kocinski, Freddy Spencer and Colin Edwards. The National Champs were Sam McDonald, Britt Turkington and Jeff Nash.
Brooks

Luther Lowman
10-18-2002, 01:27 PM
Lets not forget Jamie James.

Luther Lowman
10-18-2002, 01:27 PM
Lets not forget Jamie James.

Keith Hertell
10-18-2002, 01:47 PM
POLEN

Keith Hertell
10-18-2002, 01:47 PM
POLEN

racer550
10-18-2002, 09:29 PM
You forgot Nicky Hayden! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

racer550
10-18-2002, 09:29 PM
You forgot Nicky Hayden! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Brooks Gremmels
11-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Kevin Schwantz confirmed this afternoon that he will attend the Dec. 7th Awards Banquet to be inducted into the CMRA Hall of Fame. Having Colin and Kevin as the first receipients of this award is certainly as much an honor to the CMRA, as it is to them. I don't know of another club-level organization that recognizes its champions in this fashion. I don't know of another club that has these champions to recognize!
Make sure to place your reservations for the dinner and presentations with Claire. Thanks.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
11-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Kevin Schwantz confirmed this afternoon that he will attend the Dec. 7th Awards Banquet to be inducted into the CMRA Hall of Fame. Having Colin and Kevin as the first receipients of this award is certainly as much an honor to the CMRA, as it is to them. I don't know of another club-level organization that recognizes its champions in this fashion. I don't know of another club that has these champions to recognize!
Make sure to place your reservations for the dinner and presentations with Claire. Thanks.
Brooks

mcstealth
11-07-2002, 08:23 PM
Team Scream

mcstealth
11-07-2002, 08:23 PM
Team Scream

Brooks Gremmels
11-08-2002, 10:15 AM
Talk about a poll? I think the fact that the recent polls have generated more interest than the announcement that the CMRA is presenting its first Hall of Fame awards and the announcement that two World Champions will be on hand at our banquet, speaks volumns about us. Interesting.
This "poll" that I refer to indicates some of us are spending too much time on efforts that don't suit the member's interests.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
11-08-2002, 10:15 AM
Talk about a poll? I think the fact that the recent polls have generated more interest than the announcement that the CMRA is presenting its first Hall of Fame awards and the announcement that two World Champions will be on hand at our banquet, speaks volumns about us. Interesting.
This "poll" that I refer to indicates some of us are spending too much time on efforts that don't suit the member's interests.
Brooks

11-08-2002, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Brooks Gremmels:
Brooks</div></div>It's all interesting Brooks. Some are just more selfless / selfish than others.

Like any big family, we have the odd uncle who is talked about over the dinner table (a different form of polling). We've had our share of odd uncles here, including yours truly. I'm sorta glad our "poster boy for polling" is the new target. I just wish he were a bit more clever about it.

Ultimately it's all good.

11-08-2002, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Brooks Gremmels:
Brooks</div></div>It's all interesting Brooks. Some are just more selfless / selfish than others.

Like any big family, we have the odd uncle who is talked about over the dinner table (a different form of polling). We've had our share of odd uncles here, including yours truly. I'm sorta glad our "poster boy for polling" is the new target. I just wish he were a bit more clever about it.

Ultimately it's all good.

SMILEYMAN
11-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Odd Uncle my butt! More like the step child you afraid to leave alone with the other kids! Oops, have I stooped to his level?

Seriously, It is SO GREAT to think we will get to Have Kevin Schwantz(one of my all time heros) and Colin Edwards at our banquet! What other club can boast that! The world Superbike Champion and the (my opinion) the greatest US GP Champ dining with us! The CMRA rocks them all! Chris smiley

SMILEYMAN
11-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Odd Uncle my butt! More like the step child you afraid to leave alone with the other kids! Oops, have I stooped to his level?

Seriously, It is SO GREAT to think we will get to Have Kevin Schwantz(one of my all time heros) and Colin Edwards at our banquet! What other club can boast that! The world Superbike Champion and the (my opinion) the greatest US GP Champ dining with us! The CMRA rocks them all! Chris smiley

shanes moto
11-08-2002, 08:42 PM
I saw a picture once that was taken by a Longview newspaper that had Jamie James Scott Ru$$ell and (I can't think of the other guy) but all three were National Champions. This was in like 1989.

Shane Thorn

shanes moto
11-08-2002, 08:42 PM
I saw a picture once that was taken by a Longview newspaper that had Jamie James Scott Ru$$ell and (I can't think of the other guy) but all three were National Champions. This was in like 1989.

Shane Thorn

mark niemi
11-08-2002, 10:28 PM
Connie.

mark niemi
11-08-2002, 10:28 PM
Connie.