PDA

View Full Version : Slicks??

Barron Houston
10-24-2002, 10:50 PM
I'm using the next few track days this off season to start running slicks. Can anybody give me any heads up on which brand or combination is most popular? Also, is there anything I need to know about making that step up? Any precautions?

Barron Houston
10-24-2002, 10:50 PM
I'm using the next few track days this off season to start running slicks. Can anybody give me any heads up on which brand or combination is most popular? Also, is there anything I need to know about making that step up? Any precautions?

shane carter
10-25-2002, 09:00 AM
Well Barron, your making the change over in the right way. I did it on the warmup lap of my first race of the last cresson event. I had burned all my tread up earlier than expected and didn't have an extra set of tires to race on. Big daddy Ken, come to the rescue "again". It definatly feels different. It took me two laps to get the confidence I needed to rock on. I think it took them that long to get good and hot to. But they are great. Slicks rail. I got a big heavy bike and I could tell the difference. I had more confidence in them. If I can help it, that's all I'll run from now on.

Shane Carter
2nd Hvy SBK,
3rd hvy SS
3rd Unlimited SS
Sa da tay

shane carter
10-25-2002, 09:00 AM
Well Barron, your making the change over in the right way. I did it on the warmup lap of my first race of the last cresson event. I had burned all my tread up earlier than expected and didn't have an extra set of tires to race on. Big daddy Ken, come to the rescue "again". It definatly feels different. It took me two laps to get the confidence I needed to rock on. I think it took them that long to get good and hot to. But they are great. Slicks rail. I got a big heavy bike and I could tell the difference. I had more confidence in them. If I can help it, that's all I'll run from now on.

Shane Carter
2nd Hvy SBK,
3rd hvy SS
3rd Unlimited SS
Sa da tay

shane carter
10-25-2002, 10:10 AM
No more "CROUCHING TIGER"
see if this works

shane carter
10-25-2002, 10:10 AM
No more "CROUCHING TIGER"