PDA

View Full Version : ChasBro finally retires

Charles Brothers
10-27-2002, 09:19 PM
To all of my friends at the CMRA,

After 52 years on this planet, over half of them spent racing or working with the CMRA, I believe the time has finally come for me to retire.

It is totally amazing to me that this little club that Lou Linden set in motion 27 years ago is still going and has produced such an over abundance of National and World Champions. Especially this year, with Nicky as the AMA Champ and with Colin Edwards dramatic finish as the World Superbike Champion. I will be forever proud of the CMRA and all it has been able to accomplish.

Our club will be undergoing some major staff changes this off-season, and I hope every member will be as helpful and understanding as you have been with me. Always remember, this club is your club. You own it. Not some individual or some corporation. (OK - lecture over).

In closing, I would like to thank everyone for giving me the chance to have so much fun.

Charles Brothers

Charles Brothers
10-27-2002, 09:19 PM
To all of my friends at the CMRA,

After 52 years on this planet, over half of them spent racing or working with the CMRA, I believe the time has finally come for me to retire.

It is totally amazing to me that this little club that Lou Linden set in motion 27 years ago is still going and has produced such an over abundance of National and World Champions. Especially this year, with Nicky as the AMA Champ and with Colin Edwards dramatic finish as the World Superbike Champion. I will be forever proud of the CMRA and all it has been able to accomplish.

Our club will be undergoing some major staff changes this off-season, and I hope every member will be as helpful and understanding as you have been with me. Always remember, this club is your club. You own it. Not some individual or some corporation. (OK - lecture over).

In closing, I would like to thank everyone for giving me the chance to have so much fun.

Charles Brothers

Jesse Davis
10-27-2002, 10:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Charles Brothers:
You own it. Not some individual or some corporation. (OK - lecture over).

Charles Brothers</div></div>I used to believe that too.

ill just have to come buy the house and cause trouble next year. smooches!

Jesse Davis
10-27-2002, 10:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Charles Brothers:
You own it. Not some individual or some corporation. (OK - lecture over).

Charles Brothers</div></div>I used to believe that too.

ill just have to come buy the house and cause trouble next year. smooches!

Steve Breen
10-28-2002, 06:48 AM
Thanks for everything, Charles. Your steady hand will be missed on race day. See y'all at the banquet...

Steve Breen
10-28-2002, 06:48 AM
Thanks for everything, Charles. Your steady hand will be missed on race day. See y'all at the banquet...

Harry Tomlinson
10-28-2002, 07:54 AM
Charles, you both will be missed. Don't be a stranger. If you are ever comong to Cresson for a visit, please call. You and Connie can always stay with us.
Harry
GMAN Racing

Harry Tomlinson
10-28-2002, 07:54 AM
Charles, you both will be missed. Don't be a stranger. If you are ever comong to Cresson for a visit, please call. You and Connie can always stay with us.
Harry
GMAN Racing

SMILEYMAN
10-28-2002, 08:00 AM
Charles, Thanks for all you and Connie have done on behalf of the CMRA. I appreciate it and will miss you both! Hope to see you spectating and really enjoying yourself next year. See you at the banquet! Chris Smiley

SMILEYMAN
10-28-2002, 08:00 AM
Charles, Thanks for all you and Connie have done on behalf of the CMRA. I appreciate it and will miss you both! Hope to see you spectating and really enjoying yourself next year. See you at the banquet! Chris Smiley

Keith Hertell
10-28-2002, 01:28 PM
You will be missed Charles.
It's been fun and scarrrrrrry at the same time.
Your level head will be missed.
Keith

Keith Hertell
10-28-2002, 01:28 PM
You will be missed Charles.
It's been fun and scarrrrrrry at the same time.
Your level head will be missed.
Keith

Jack Giesecke
10-28-2002, 02:04 PM
So I leave the sport in '86 and lose all contact with it (no internet) and one day when my daughter is sixteen and squawking about how good Jeremy McGrath is and how supercross is just SO cool, I decide she needs a trip to the real races to see how it's done. CMRA, I find out, is CRRC, shocker there. But, when I get there to TWS for the CMRA race in '98 I find two constants have not changed, James Gardner is there looking at a grid sheet in LEATHERS! WOW, there seems to be no retirement age! Then, Charlie Brothers and family with kids all grown up are still running the show! I doubt there's another family in racing with that sort of longevity record! Of course, it was perhaps a mistake to go back, cause I sorta got reinfected with the racing bug, but I guess I don't regret it. But, like others here, I hope the Brothers family will not make strangers out of themselves. At least travel to TWS once in a while! I can understand the burn out, been there even though I wasn't bothered by all the details of running the show. I had withdrawal symptoms, though, when I quit. All the best for the Brothers family.

Jack

Jack Giesecke
10-28-2002, 02:04 PM
So I leave the sport in '86 and lose all contact with it (no internet) and one day when my daughter is sixteen and squawking about how good Jeremy McGrath is and how supercross is just SO cool, I decide she needs a trip to the real races to see how it's done. CMRA, I find out, is CRRC, shocker there. But, when I get there to TWS for the CMRA race in '98 I find two constants have not changed, James Gardner is there looking at a grid sheet in LEATHERS! WOW, there seems to be no retirement age! Then, Charlie Brothers and family with kids all grown up are still running the show! I doubt there's another family in racing with that sort of longevity record! Of course, it was perhaps a mistake to go back, cause I sorta got reinfected with the racing bug, but I guess I don't regret it. But, like others here, I hope the Brothers family will not make strangers out of themselves. At least travel to TWS once in a while! I can understand the burn out, been there even though I wasn't bothered by all the details of running the show. I had withdrawal symptoms, though, when I quit. All the best for the Brothers family.

Jack

ben fondu
10-28-2002, 04:59 PM
thanks charles,connie and family

ben fondu
10-28-2002, 04:59 PM
thanks charles,connie and family

Brad Thomas
10-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Somebody wake me up from this nightmare!

Walter is already doing a fine job, you trained him well Charles. Now when are ya gettin' a turkey pan for that SV. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

We'll miss ya,
Desert Rats

Brad Thomas
10-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Somebody wake me up from this nightmare!

Walter is already doing a fine job, you trained him well Charles. Now when are ya gettin' a turkey pan for that SV. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

We'll miss ya,
Desert Rats

cedestech
10-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Charles,

You and your family have had a very good run.
Ya'll have accomplished so much and have
so much to be proud of. I hope you and yours
got as much out of it as the rest of us.
It truely is the end of one era and the begining of another. Your family casts a very long
shadow but with luck and good leadership the
CMRA will build on it's past and strive to be
better in the future.

Don't be a stranger, you or Connie.

cedestech
10-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Charles,

You and your family have had a very good run.
Ya'll have accomplished so much and have
so much to be proud of. I hope you and yours
got as much out of it as the rest of us.
It truely is the end of one era and the begining of another. Your family casts a very long
shadow but with luck and good leadership the
CMRA will build on it's past and strive to be
better in the future.

Don't be a stranger, you or Connie.

derby
10-29-2002, 03:52 PM
Charles,

Does this mean you're going to start racing again?

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

derby
10-29-2002, 03:52 PM
Charles,

Does this mean you're going to start racing again?

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif