PDA

View Full Version : August 19 Race weekend

Scott McDaniel
08-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Been a while since I've been to a race or track day and need some help.
Is camping allowed at the track the Thursday-Saturday before the race weekend if your attending the track day?
Are there RV hook ups at the track?

Bryan Hodges
08-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Don't think there are any RV spots... I've camped there before for sure. Probably looks like I'm camping again Saturday night. See you there!

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Michael Snyder
08-03-2016, 07:30 PM
No hookups or dump services that I know of but yes you can camp. Gates open at 6pm usually on thurs

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Scott McDaniel
08-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys. Any idea what time the gates close Thursday? Son has a football game and I'm trying to time my departure after that. I could come Friday but wouldn't get there until after 9.
If your late for the track day can you still ride?

Michael Snyder
08-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Gate usually closes at 10 and opens at 6am on friday I believe. As far as riding the friday trackday if your late should be addressed to the LSTD peeps but I bet they would work with you if need be. They are good people

Scott McDaniel
08-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks Michael. Tried to get in touch with the LSTD peeps, but after three emails, three phone calls, and two text, I haven't gotten a response.

Michael Snyder
08-03-2016, 09:19 PM
They will Scott plus they will likely see this at some point.

Michael De Simone
08-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Yes you can still ride with LSTD if you show up late. Look for MacMan, at Cresson he's at the covered area to the right of where registration is. I usually only ride half a day with them on Fridays because I either have to work in the AM or get my head on straight after some absurd flight in the night before.

Gates will close at 10 but if you were going to camp, you could just camp outside the gates and be first in line in the AM. Just don't block the road if there is an emergency.

There are no hookups for RVs.

Alonzo Contreras
08-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Thanks guys. Any idea what time the gates close Thursday? Son has a football game and I'm trying to time my departure after that. I could come Friday but wouldn't get there until after 9.
If your late for the track day can you still ride?

LSTD offers a half day ride on Fridays. Bring cash, and pay when registration opens during lunch. Like stated earlier, gates close at 10. And from what I've seen on the tubes of faces, looks like most of the LSTD guys are enjoying time away on vacation with their families. Good group of guys who'll reach out to you just as soon as they can.

Scott McDaniel
08-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Michael and Alonzo, thank you for the info! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Nancy Selleck
08-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Been a while since I've been to a race or track day and need some help.
Is camping allowed at the track the Thursday-Saturday before the race weekend if your attending the track day?
Are there RV hook ups at the track?

Hi Scott,

I've just posted the detailed weekend schedule for the August race at MSR. You can find it here: http://www.cmraracing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=892&d=1470334619

There is also detailed event information from last month's race at MSR posted here: http://www.cmraracing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=886&d=1468441597 We're working on this month's event information, but it will be similar to the information you'll find in last month's. At least it's something to go by until I get the current one posted.

And FYI, the gate staff are CMRA staff and work from Thursday evening until Sunday evening. They are not employees of LSTD.

Hope that helps.

Scott McDaniel
08-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Thank you Nancy!

Dewayne Davis
08-07-2016, 11:13 PM
Scott the Texaco station that is on 377 just in front of the entrance to the track actually has a dump station on the north side of the building.

Michael Snyder
08-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Scott the Texaco station that is on 377 just in front of the entrance to the track actually has a dump station on the north side of the building.

So what your saying is all these years going to Cresson I could have dumped my tanks before leaving thus saving fuel and time going home. Never knew that was there I was pretty sure I checked at one point. Good stuff.

Josh Henke
08-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Dump for petroleum product? Or product of Dewayne?

Scott McDaniel
08-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Thanks Dewayne!

Mike Ziegler
08-16-2016, 01:39 PM
we ran our RV generator 4 days straight last month there.. no hookups or dump