PDA

View Full Version : Why Register Your Race Bike

Mark Lopez
12-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Can someone offer an opinion on keeping your vehicle registration current, if you have no plans to ride the bike on the street? Will this actually help the police if the bike gets stolen? Will I have a tougher conversation with a police officer if my truck ever gets pulled over (trying to prove I own the bike)? etc.

What do you think?

Danny Dominguez
12-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Being one of those things you mentioned ..... I have had very few actually registered in my name, ive either had an open mso or title and bill of sale..only on bikes that will never see the streets again. Generally if I buy one from the show room I go ahead and register it. Here in the good ol USA you do not have to have "papers" or a title to travel (youd be surprised how many stolen vehicle reports I take where the victim has the freaking title in the stolen car! and don't know their tag or vin. sttttupid) BIG THING FOLKS DONT GET : no law enforcement officer needs any search warrant to view and run a VIN ,they open to inspect at all times, don't like ? contact the supreme court,they ruled on it years ago....Now any vehicle with an altered vin is illegal to posses, scratched,ground etc.(there will be more to follow on this )....hope this helps

Michael Snyder
12-29-2017, 06:58 PM
Here in the good ol USA you do not have to have "papers" or a title to travel

Said every "sovereign citizen" right before they got pulled out and detained.[emoji38]

It's a joke everyone relax it's to make Danny smile because I am sure he is familiar those guys and their terminology.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mark Lopez
12-29-2017, 08:48 PM
It sounds like you're saying that I don't need to continue to renew my registration because an officer can just run the VIN. (If I interpreted your comments correctly.)

Thanks for the reply!

Danny Dominguez
12-29-2017, 11:05 PM
Said every "sovereign citizen" right before they got pulled out and detained.[emoji38]

It's a joke everyone relax it's to make Danny smile because I am sure he is familiar those guys and their terminology.

Sent from my SM-G900P using TapatalkI giggled

Danny Dominguez
12-29-2017, 11:08 PM
It sounds like you're saying that I don't need to continue to renew my registration because an officer can just run the VIN. (If I interpreted your comments correctly.)

Thanks for the reply!uhhh no I'm not giving you any recommendations on registering you vehicle.....merely stated some facts.