PDA

View Full Version : New Experts

Brooks Gremmels
11-09-2002, 08:56 AM
This year a Riders Index has been compliled using the data from a minimum of 10 races, for each rider in the CMRA. The Indexes are based on the competition level and number of entries in each class to provide an objective score for each racer.
You will note when you study the Amateur Index that although a racer may have even won a class championship, the corresponding index will be modest. Using my index as an example, you will see that although I won two (Expert) championships, my index falls towards the bottom of the pack. Further review will show that I had few racers to compete with, consequently my index is low. (Believe me, it would be low regardless!). For this reason, even though they won a championship, a few Amateurs may retain the Amateur ranking next season. Should such Amateur choose to remain an Amateur again next year, that rider will not be eligible to win a championship in the same class that was previously won. That rider may compete in that class, but in no event will that rider be eligible to win another championship in the same class.
The BOD retains the right to carefully monitor the riding skills of every racer and to make changes in the riders classification at anytime during the racing season. Anyone may petition to have his/her classification changed. Not only may an Amateur request to be moved to Expert, but an Expert who feels more comfortable with Amateur competition may petition for this change.
The cutoff point on the Amateur Index for advancement to Expert is .6000. This means that the top 16 riders on the Amateur Index, below, will be moving to Expert (Sanchez thru Carter).
Congratulations to our new Experts for the 2003 season!!
Brooks
P.S.,
The URL links to the Riders Indexes are posted seperately, below, so that everyone can see how it shakes out.

Brooks Gremmels
11-09-2002, 08:56 AM
This year a Riders Index has been compliled using the data from a minimum of 10 races, for each rider in the CMRA. The Indexes are based on the competition level and number of entries in each class to provide an objective score for each racer.
You will note when you study the Amateur Index that although a racer may have even won a class championship, the corresponding index will be modest. Using my index as an example, you will see that although I won two (Expert) championships, my index falls towards the bottom of the pack. Further review will show that I had few racers to compete with, consequently my index is low. (Believe me, it would be low regardless!). For this reason, even though they won a championship, a few Amateurs may retain the Amateur ranking next season. Should such Amateur choose to remain an Amateur again next year, that rider will not be eligible to win a championship in the same class that was previously won. That rider may compete in that class, but in no event will that rider be eligible to win another championship in the same class.
The BOD retains the right to carefully monitor the riding skills of every racer and to make changes in the riders classification at anytime during the racing season. Anyone may petition to have his/her classification changed. Not only may an Amateur request to be moved to Expert, but an Expert who feels more comfortable with Amateur competition may petition for this change.
The cutoff point on the Amateur Index for advancement to Expert is .6000. This means that the top 16 riders on the Amateur Index, below, will be moving to Expert (Sanchez thru Carter).
Congratulations to our new Experts for the 2003 season!!
Brooks
P.S.,
The URL links to the Riders Indexes are posted seperately, below, so that everyone can see how it shakes out.

Steve Breen
11-09-2002, 09:05 AM
Here are the indexes. To get more detail on a rider and the data that comprises the index, click on the rider name.

Amateurs:
http://www.cmraracing.com/results02/RiderIndex/AmIndex10/

For grins, Experts:
http://www.cmraracing.com/results02/RiderIndex/ExIndex10/

Steve Breen
11-09-2002, 09:05 AM
Here are the indexes. To get more detail on a rider and the data that comprises the index, click on the rider name.

Amateurs:
http://www.cmraracing.com/results02/RiderIndex/AmIndex10/

For grins, Experts:
http://www.cmraracing.com/results02/RiderIndex/ExIndex10/

marcus mcbain
11-09-2002, 09:21 AM
Pretty cool looking stuff....

marcus mcbain
11-09-2002, 09:21 AM
Pretty cool looking stuff....

Eric Kelcher
11-09-2002, 12:19 PM
Just a note last year .5 was used with .4 being allowed to move up if wanted.

Eric Kelcher
11-09-2002, 12:19 PM
Just a note last year .5 was used with .4 being allowed to move up if wanted.

Keith Hertell
11-09-2002, 01:26 PM
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1532-2096-28486.jpeg

Keith Hertell
11-09-2002, 01:26 PM
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1532-2096-28486.jpeg

Mitchel
11-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Hey Brooks,

I completed 2 race weekends without crashing, and did my 2 volunteer corner working days. Could you please update my status from PA to AM (or PA to EX I guess............man, I'm slow - I can't believe I'd be considered an Expert)

Thanks,
Mitchel Bynum

Mitchel
11-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Hey Brooks,

I completed 2 race weekends without crashing, and did my 2 volunteer corner working days. Could you please update my status from PA to AM (or PA to EX I guess............man, I'm slow - I can't believe I'd be considered an Expert)

Thanks,
Mitchel Bynum

Alan Tan
11-09-2002, 06:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Hertell #11:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1532-2096-28486.jpeg</div></div>you are making great progress daniel san.

Alan Tan
11-09-2002, 06:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Hertell #11:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1532-2096-28486.jpeg</div></div>you are making great progress daniel san.

SMDGRFX
11-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Brooks,

Hey, I've got a request also. I didn't crash all year and did my two weekends of corner working. Please update me to AM instead of PA. My number didn't show up in the back of the CMRA program either. What's up with that?? You would think after making 8 events (16 races, not including Endurance), somebody would have realized I was racing. My number is 765. And I'm on a big old ZX-7R...

SMDGRFX
11-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Brooks,

Hey, I've got a request also. I didn't crash all year and did my two weekends of corner working. Please update me to AM instead of PA. My number didn't show up in the back of the CMRA program either. What's up with that?? You would think after making 8 events (16 races, not including Endurance), somebody would have realized I was racing. My number is 765. And I'm on a big old ZX-7R...

raysmith
11-09-2002, 09:42 PM
If you were signed off on corner working and 2 weekends as a prov. nov. then you shouldve already lost your yellow shirt and be a regular amateur.

Your name is not in the program because it was most likely printed up before the season. When did you take riders school and get your license? I did it in February and my name is not in there either. I didnt expect to see it until next season's program

Ray #610

raysmith
11-09-2002, 09:42 PM
If you were signed off on corner working and 2 weekends as a prov. nov. then you shouldve already lost your yellow shirt and be a regular amateur.

Your name is not in the program because it was most likely printed up before the season. When did you take riders school and get your license? I did it in February and my name is not in there either. I didnt expect to see it until next season's program

Ray #610

Rodio
11-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Brooks can you please check which kind of calculator your using. Is it low on batteries?
I'm having a hard time with realizing that I'am an expert now.Please double check all calculations. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif And I see some other Amatuers that need to be experts.

Rodio
11-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Brooks can you please check which kind of calculator your using. Is it low on batteries?
I'm having a hard time with realizing that I'am an expert now.Please double check all calculations. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif And I see some other Amatuers that need to be experts.

eric hagerty
11-11-2002, 12:21 AM
Ray,
I took the school in Feb and I am on the list??? Maybe just an oversight....

And my man Tony....face it, your an expert :p I would only question the function of the calculator if it showed me as an .4 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

eric hagerty
11-11-2002, 12:21 AM
Ray,
I took the school in Feb and I am on the list??? Maybe just an oversight....

And my man Tony....face it, your an expert :p I would only question the function of the calculator if it showed me as an .4 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

David Branyon
11-11-2002, 02:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kelcher:
Just a note last year .5 was used with .4 being allowed to move up if wanted.</div></div>One question, was the 10 race minimum also used last year? Just curious.

p.s. Smiley, you coming on up?

David Branyon
11-11-2002, 02:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kelcher:
Just a note last year .5 was used with .4 being allowed to move up if wanted.</div></div>One question, was the 10 race minimum also used last year? Just curious.

p.s. Smiley, you coming on up?

John Orchard
11-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Just a note last year .5 was used with .4 being allowed to move up if wanted.</div></div>I didn't realize there was an index done previous to this year? Can it be posted as well?

John Orchard
11-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Just a note last year .5 was used with .4 being allowed to move up if wanted.</div></div>I didn't realize there was an index done previous to this year? Can it be posted as well?

Brooks Gremmels
11-11-2002, 02:22 PM
The program was printed before the season began which is why some names are missing from this year. I don't know about you, but I think that I would rather have an up-to-date rider's roster available at the races instead of the program.
Don't worry about the Provisional notation, this classification wasn't updated when the index was prepared.
Eric, I can go back and see why your name was left off the list. Before I do, did you enter a minimum of 10 races (if you didn't, you wouldn't show up on the index).
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
11-11-2002, 02:22 PM
The program was printed before the season began which is why some names are missing from this year. I don't know about you, but I think that I would rather have an up-to-date rider's roster available at the races instead of the program.
Don't worry about the Provisional notation, this classification wasn't updated when the index was prepared.
Eric, I can go back and see why your name was left off the list. Before I do, did you enter a minimum of 10 races (if you didn't, you wouldn't show up on the index).
Brooks

eric hagerty
11-11-2002, 05:28 PM
No Brooks,
My comment was that I signed up in Feb and I am on the list for Am to Exp.....way at the bottom /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Ray stated he signed up in Feb and is not and I just was replying to that. I raced 4 sprint races each day I attended since school so it comes to 35 (1 was red flagged) would have been 36. I missed 2 events because of my broken thumb courtsy of T6 @ Oak Hill /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

eric hagerty
11-11-2002, 05:28 PM
No Brooks,
My comment was that I signed up in Feb and I am on the list for Am to Exp.....way at the bottom /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Ray stated he signed up in Feb and is not and I just was replying to that. I raced 4 sprint races each day I attended since school so it comes to 35 (1 was red flagged) would have been 36. I missed 2 events because of my broken thumb courtsy of T6 @ Oak Hill /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

racer550
11-11-2002, 10:13 PM
SOOOOO... exactly where is the cutoff THIS year????
If you have a .5 or higher, do you get moved up? how about a .499????
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Seems kindof a ripoff to run amateur all year, with no hope of winning the title! I know of at least one guy who will be glad about not moving up, but he earned his title fair and square, and should deserve a shot at it next year.
Just a thought.

racer550
11-11-2002, 10:13 PM
SOOOOO... exactly where is the cutoff THIS year????
If you have a .5 or higher, do you get moved up? how about a .499????
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Seems kindof a ripoff to run amateur all year, with no hope of winning the title! I know of at least one guy who will be glad about not moving up, but he earned his title fair and square, and should deserve a shot at it next year.
Just a thought.

SMILEYMAN
11-12-2002, 08:28 AM
I kept telling you guys I was mediocre, but no one believed me! Actually they just didn't want to hurt my feelings... Good thing the CMRA uses the same computer that the NCAA uses to determine the Bowl Championship series :p
I have to run dig my yellow plates back out of the trash. I had already decided to do the GT lights races and endurance next year so I won't be a factor in any sprint races (unless of course that special sponsor comes along!) So see ya in the 2nd wave! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Smileyman 506

SMILEYMAN
11-12-2002, 08:28 AM
I kept telling you guys I was mediocre, but no one believed me! Actually they just didn't want to hurt my feelings... Good thing the CMRA uses the same computer that the NCAA uses to determine the Bowl Championship series :p
I have to run dig my yellow plates back out of the trash. I had already decided to do the GT lights races and endurance next year so I won't be a factor in any sprint races (unless of course that special sponsor comes along!) So see ya in the 2nd wave! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Smileyman 506

Brooks Gremmels
11-12-2002, 09:50 AM
Eric, I apologize but I'm still confused about the point you are making. Your 35 races show up when I click on your name. Your average finish seems to support the index recorded. I believe that Ray was questioning why he showed up on the Index as an Amateur.
Steve, the cutoff is .600. Please don't misunderstand, no Amateur is required to run the same class in which the the championship was won. In fact, one of the reasons that the restriction of not being eligible to win a second championship in the same class was put in place was to encourage the rider to enter other classes. Our thinking was that it was enough to allow someone to remain an Amateur after winning a championship, without that rider having a chance to win a second championship in the same class.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
11-12-2002, 09:50 AM
Eric, I apologize but I'm still confused about the point you are making. Your 35 races show up when I click on your name. Your average finish seems to support the index recorded. I believe that Ray was questioning why he showed up on the Index as an Amateur.
Steve, the cutoff is .600. Please don't misunderstand, no Amateur is required to run the same class in which the the championship was won. In fact, one of the reasons that the restriction of not being eligible to win a second championship in the same class was put in place was to encourage the rider to enter other classes. Our thinking was that it was enough to allow someone to remain an Amateur after winning a championship, without that rider having a chance to win a second championship in the same class.
Brooks

eric hagerty
11-12-2002, 10:06 AM
Brooks, Brooks, Brooks!!!!!
I don't have a problem! I was just giving Ray feedback that there might have been an oversite since I was on it and he was not..... Lets bury this /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I am not unhappy with my index, it reflects my wussy riding ability :rolleyes:

Had a blast thou!

eric hagerty
11-12-2002, 10:06 AM
Brooks, Brooks, Brooks!!!!!
I don't have a problem! I was just giving Ray feedback that there might have been an oversite since I was on it and he was not..... Lets bury this /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I am not unhappy with my index, it reflects my wussy riding ability :rolleyes:

Had a blast thou!

SMDGRFX
11-12-2002, 07:01 PM
Eric,

I'm right there behind ya, literally...I'm getting better though...and I only did 16 races.I went to TWS yesterday with RideSmart and knocked off 5 seconds with the help I got from Marcus McBain and Michael Sanchez. Thanks guys!!!

SMDGRFX
11-12-2002, 07:01 PM
Eric,

I'm right there behind ya, literally...I'm getting better though...and I only did 16 races.I went to TWS yesterday with RideSmart and knocked off 5 seconds with the help I got from Marcus McBain and Michael Sanchez. Thanks guys!!!