PDA

View Full Version : Ridesmart track day

Barron Houston
11-12-2002, 06:45 AM
In my opinion...Dave Wonder's did a great job with Monday's track day. We got alot of track time, it was extremely safe...no big wrecks, and a good time was had by all. I also thought it was cool that he started the day with a group prayer...don't see that too much anymore.

Barron Houston
11-12-2002, 06:45 AM
In my opinion...Dave Wonder's did a great job with Monday's track day. We got alot of track time, it was extremely safe...no big wrecks, and a good time was had by all. I also thought it was cool that he started the day with a group prayer...don't see that too much anymore.

Bob Cronin
11-12-2002, 09:39 AM
The day went well and the weather held up.
I am disappointed at the lack of Tech of these bikes. Having bikes out there with mirrors still attached, brake lights not taped up or hardly taped up.
This was my biggest gripe. If the bike cannot be disabled in the brake light, tape it up well enough so that it cannot be seen at all. There is nothing worse than having the light come on and watch 3 riders behind it check up out of reaction to it.
I would have liked to see group 3 as race only. While some guys were clearly fast, they still had no concept of where or what a race line is. This one moron actually sat up at the end of T4, looked over his should for someone, lost his line and pushed me to the edge of the track. Racers know better than to do this.
Announcements have to be done better. With bikes running in and about, the PA system is never heard.
Didn't see many wrecked bikes. Didn't hear of any bad get offs. So in this point of view it was a decent day.

Bob Cronin
11-12-2002, 09:39 AM
The day went well and the weather held up.
I am disappointed at the lack of Tech of these bikes. Having bikes out there with mirrors still attached, brake lights not taped up or hardly taped up.
This was my biggest gripe. If the bike cannot be disabled in the brake light, tape it up well enough so that it cannot be seen at all. There is nothing worse than having the light come on and watch 3 riders behind it check up out of reaction to it.
I would have liked to see group 3 as race only. While some guys were clearly fast, they still had no concept of where or what a race line is. This one moron actually sat up at the end of T4, looked over his should for someone, lost his line and pushed me to the edge of the track. Racers know better than to do this.
Announcements have to be done better. With bikes running in and about, the PA system is never heard.
Didn't see many wrecked bikes. Didn't hear of any bad get offs. So in this point of view it was a decent day.

marcus mcbain
11-12-2002, 10:31 AM
I think overall, the track day was a success, BUT there are things we will have to improve for next year. I am sure that that people realize that we need to work on Administrative Organization, Less Riders in each session, as well as other items.

I think RideSmart has seen all the high's and all the low's a track day can have, the last several events have been very safe and the goal of introducing riders to a safer place to ride (fast) has been accomplished. For 2003, we will strive to have more individual attention for Level 1 and Level 2 riders. We also want to solify our "Mentor Program". We had folks on a waiting list, and we found that the course material was effective and relevant. After the day, I talked to Michael Sanchez and I think we both agreed that the mentor program will be limited to five to seven students per instructor as well as individual sessions. BTW: Michael did a great job instructing. Also, we will work to get more effective ways to get instructors like John Jankowski, Philip Fisher, Greg Fowler, and others more opportunities to have more "one on one" with riders in the Level one class.

As the year ends, I apologize I don't have all the names of the individuals who spend their time to make the events a great success, but I believe with the help of organizations such as Sportbikehype, TSBA, and others 2003 will be even better.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
11-12-2002, 10:31 AM
I think overall, the track day was a success, BUT there are things we will have to improve for next year. I am sure that that people realize that we need to work on Administrative Organization, Less Riders in each session, as well as other items.

I think RideSmart has seen all the high's and all the low's a track day can have, the last several events have been very safe and the goal of introducing riders to a safer place to ride (fast) has been accomplished. For 2003, we will strive to have more individual attention for Level 1 and Level 2 riders. We also want to solify our "Mentor Program". We had folks on a waiting list, and we found that the course material was effective and relevant. After the day, I talked to Michael Sanchez and I think we both agreed that the mentor program will be limited to five to seven students per instructor as well as individual sessions. BTW: Michael did a great job instructing. Also, we will work to get more effective ways to get instructors like John Jankowski, Philip Fisher, Greg Fowler, and others more opportunities to have more "one on one" with riders in the Level one class.

As the year ends, I apologize I don't have all the names of the individuals who spend their time to make the events a great success, but I believe with the help of organizations such as Sportbikehype, TSBA, and others 2003 will be even better.

Marcus

Barron Houston
11-12-2002, 03:10 PM
I've noticed Sportbike hype is a pretty cool bunch of guys. I'm not a trick rider by any means...never will be. But I've always gotten along well with their group, they seem pretty decent. Every once in awhile they sure bring some hot lookin' babes too.

Barron Houston
11-12-2002, 03:10 PM
I've noticed Sportbike hype is a pretty cool bunch of guys. I'm not a trick rider by any means...never will be. But I've always gotten along well with their group, they seem pretty decent. Every once in awhile they sure bring some hot lookin' babes too.

SMDGRFX
11-12-2002, 07:07 PM
Marcus,

Thanks for all the help you gave me yesterday. I definitely improved and the information you gave out in the form of the track booklet is invaluable. Your personal attention to everyone was also much appreciated and I thought the program went well.Thanks again!! Also, thanks to Michael Sanchez.Trying to follow him going slow is even a chore.Too much brake, not enough throttle...Of course going slow to him is 1:55's. That tells you how slow I was going. But I did learn alot.

SMDGRFX
11-12-2002, 07:07 PM
Marcus,

Thanks for all the help you gave me yesterday. I definitely improved and the information you gave out in the form of the track booklet is invaluable. Your personal attention to everyone was also much appreciated and I thought the program went well.Thanks again!! Also, thanks to Michael Sanchez.Trying to follow him going slow is even a chore.Too much brake, not enough throttle...Of course going slow to him is 1:55's. That tells you how slow I was going. But I did learn alot.

SMDGRFX
11-12-2002, 07:08 PM
Marcus,

SMDGRFX
11-12-2002, 07:08 PM
Marcus,

marcus mcbain
11-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Philip,

Glad you enjoyed it. As I mentioned, we are really going to expand this part of RideSmart (mentor program). I am looking to expand some of the drills to be done on the skidpad (working on braking, body position, etc.)

Look forward to seeing you out there next year with a bike that has a "good" shock:D

marcus mcbain
11-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Philip,

Glad you enjoyed it. As I mentioned, we are really going to expand this part of RideSmart (mentor program). I am looking to expand some of the drills to be done on the skidpad (working on braking, body position, etc.)

Look forward to seeing you out there next year with a bike that has a "good" shock:D

marcus mcbain
11-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Pictures posted for Nov. 11th track day

Go to www.yourlearningcurve.com (http://www.yourlearningcurve.com)

marcus mcbain
11-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Pictures posted for Nov. 11th track day

Go to www.yourlearningcurve.com (http://www.yourlearningcurve.com)