PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Hallet

Beckley Racing
11-13-2002, 03:07 AM
Hey guys my son Scotty Beckley #494 Amateur wants to go to Hallet for the Gold Rush race this weekend and we(his parents) are going to be gone promoting a Mud Bog and Arenacross in Wyoming. He needs to try to find a ride up there and back home. No babysitting here - the kid (16yrs old)is a good kid. We just don't feel real good about him driving by himself up there and back.
So we are looking for someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area he could meet up with in Denton and ride with.
Scott Fisher is going to have a bike for him to ride all we need to do is get his gear and him back and forth. Be glad to buy a tank of gas if he can hitch a ride.
Get ahold of Scotty at scott@scottbeckley.com or call our office at 1-800-654-2846.
We live in Bridgeport which is straight west of Denton about 30 miles and he could meet you there after school on Friday.
Thanks!
Ed Beckley

Beckley Racing
11-13-2002, 03:07 AM
Hey guys my son Scotty Beckley #494 Amateur wants to go to Hallet for the Gold Rush race this weekend and we(his parents) are going to be gone promoting a Mud Bog and Arenacross in Wyoming. He needs to try to find a ride up there and back home. No babysitting here - the kid (16yrs old)is a good kid. We just don't feel real good about him driving by himself up there and back.
So we are looking for someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area he could meet up with in Denton and ride with.
Scott Fisher is going to have a bike for him to ride all we need to do is get his gear and him back and forth. Be glad to buy a tank of gas if he can hitch a ride.
Get ahold of Scotty at scott@scottbeckley.com or call our office at 1-800-654-2846.
We live in Bridgeport which is straight west of Denton about 30 miles and he could meet you there after school on Friday.
Thanks!
Ed Beckley

tyzr85
11-13-2002, 03:49 PM
i hope u can find some one i hpe to see him there
:p

tyzr85
11-13-2002, 03:49 PM
i hope u can find some one i hpe to see him there
:p

Brooks Gremmels
11-13-2002, 04:58 PM
I am driving up on Friday in the RV. Gary Sinclair is riding up with me. I would be happy to pick Scott up and it would be a pleasure to have him with us. The fly in the ointment might be that we are going to try to be at the track by about 4:00 PM. This means we'd come through Denton a little before noon. If it is possible for Scott to leave early, we'll have plenty of room.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
11-13-2002, 04:58 PM
I am driving up on Friday in the RV. Gary Sinclair is riding up with me. I would be happy to pick Scott up and it would be a pleasure to have him with us. The fly in the ointment might be that we are going to try to be at the track by about 4:00 PM. This means we'd come through Denton a little before noon. If it is possible for Scott to leave early, we'll have plenty of room.
Brooks

Scott Beckley
11-14-2002, 07:33 PM
Thanks Brooks and everyone for their offers to take me to Hallet. I really appreciate it, but I have decided to go ahead and drive there myself. My dad just got me a Mustang and told me to go ahead and drive to Hallet so I don't miss any school or anything. Thanks again everyone and see ya at Hallet.
Scott Beckley #494

Scott Beckley
11-14-2002, 07:33 PM
Thanks Brooks and everyone for their offers to take me to Hallet. I really appreciate it, but I have decided to go ahead and drive there myself. My dad just got me a Mustang and told me to go ahead and drive to Hallet so I don't miss any school or anything. Thanks again everyone and see ya at Hallet.
Scott Beckley #494

smitht
11-14-2002, 10:08 PM
Top 10 things that "would have" been overheard on that trip:

10. "Hurry up Scott, or will miss the senior breakfast at Dennys"
9. "Sure the speed limit is 70mph, but 40mph is much safer"
8. not really overheard, but a thought... "Note to self; Kick dad's *** when I get home"
7. "Bored? I'll turn on the radio, you like Paul Harvey?"
6. "Yup, started out board trackin', then moved on to the hares, then scrambles, did some side hackin, now I'm racein with the CMRA"
5. "Lookie here Scott, Just clap your hands, and the bathroom light will come on!"
4. rambling ".......thats when I fought the Germans, back in tickity two, we could'nt say twenty 'caus the Kiser took it......"
3. "I had a new mustang when I was a kid too, it had real leather seats and exactly 1hp, Ha Ha Ha cough, cough, haaaack, haaaaaaaack"
2. "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up"
1. "Don't make me pull this RV over!!!!"

Just kidding around with you guys.

smitht
11-14-2002, 10:08 PM
Top 10 things that "would have" been overheard on that trip:

10. "Hurry up Scott, or will miss the senior breakfast at Dennys"
9. "Sure the speed limit is 70mph, but 40mph is much safer"
8. not really overheard, but a thought... "Note to self; Kick dad's *** when I get home"
7. "Bored? I'll turn on the radio, you like Paul Harvey?"
6. "Yup, started out board trackin', then moved on to the hares, then scrambles, did some side hackin, now I'm racein with the CMRA"
5. "Lookie here Scott, Just clap your hands, and the bathroom light will come on!"
4. rambling ".......thats when I fought the Germans, back in tickity two, we could'nt say twenty 'caus the Kiser took it......"
3. "I had a new mustang when I was a kid too, it had real leather seats and exactly 1hp, Ha Ha Ha cough, cough, haaaack, haaaaaaaack"
2. "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up"
1. "Don't make me pull this RV over!!!!"

Just kidding around with you guys.

Brooks Gremmels
11-15-2002, 07:54 AM
11. If you'll just listen to Pat Boone, a few more times he'll grow on you.
12. If I'd have started at your age I'd be riding for the factory and that's a fact.
13. I never got any help from anybody.
14. The main thing to remember is to stay away from girls. They'll get in the way of your career.
15. I could still wear you out if I had to.
16. You think that's something, let me tell you.....

Shoot, Scott if you have a new Mustang and don't drive it up there, you'd be nuts. Congratulations!
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
11-15-2002, 07:54 AM
11. If you'll just listen to Pat Boone, a few more times he'll grow on you.
12. If I'd have started at your age I'd be riding for the factory and that's a fact.
13. I never got any help from anybody.
14. The main thing to remember is to stay away from girls. They'll get in the way of your career.
15. I could still wear you out if I had to.
16. You think that's something, let me tell you.....

Shoot, Scott if you have a new Mustang and don't drive it up there, you'd be nuts. Congratulations!
Brooks