PDA

View Full Version : Thanks CMRA members

Norm McDonald
11-18-2002, 09:57 AM
It was great to see so many CMRA members riding the Gold Rush. Brooks and Gary Sinclair,Frank Shacklee,Mark Niemi,Eric Yost,Danny Eslick,Adam Coco,Harry Tomlinson & his son, Sam McDonald, Tyler McDonald, Chuck (long stop on the trail)Ergle,three Michlin racing tire guys David Hirst, Walt Schafer from AL. and Tom Mason from Minnisota,David Sanders, Cris Beckley, Steve Hasemeyer. I sorry I know there was more but after that long weekend I'm brain dead. We had 255 riders and no broken bones or reported injuries. Thanks agian for helping make this a super race weekend. PS Sam and Jerry Carnes a CMRA member 5 or 6 years ago Won the Motorcycle team race 36 teams entered, Tyler ended up with a 2nd and a forth in his classes. There may be a special award in the works for the funniest thing that happened this weekend. Norm

Norm McDonald
11-18-2002, 09:57 AM
It was great to see so many CMRA members riding the Gold Rush. Brooks and Gary Sinclair,Frank Shacklee,Mark Niemi,Eric Yost,Danny Eslick,Adam Coco,Harry Tomlinson & his son, Sam McDonald, Tyler McDonald, Chuck (long stop on the trail)Ergle,three Michlin racing tire guys David Hirst, Walt Schafer from AL. and Tom Mason from Minnisota,David Sanders, Cris Beckley, Steve Hasemeyer. I sorry I know there was more but after that long weekend I'm brain dead. We had 255 riders and no broken bones or reported injuries. Thanks agian for helping make this a super race weekend. PS Sam and Jerry Carnes a CMRA member 5 or 6 years ago Won the Motorcycle team race 36 teams entered, Tyler ended up with a 2nd and a forth in his classes. There may be a special award in the works for the funniest thing that happened this weekend. Norm

Brooks Gremmels
11-18-2002, 10:27 AM
There can be no doubt that Chuck (long stop in the woods) Ergle, will win the prize!
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
11-18-2002, 10:27 AM
There can be no doubt that Chuck (long stop in the woods) Ergle, will win the prize!
Brooks

John Orchard
11-18-2002, 10:45 AM
Thanks so much for putting this event on this past weekend! Had a GREAT time both days!

John Orchard
11-18-2002, 10:45 AM
Thanks so much for putting this event on this past weekend! Had a GREAT time both days!

Harry Tomlinson
11-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Another big thanks Norm! Being able to compete in a race with Garet is something I'll not soon forget. A special thanks to Gary Sinclair for helping Garet off the line (he was sooo nervous). Also, thanks to all the courteous riders in the beginners class. I rode with the beginning kids in the back and picked up/ restarted about 5 different XR 70-80-100's. When the front runners were lapping the kid's they were extremely patient of the little racers.
Does anyone know of any other (non motocross) events for kids? Garet's already asking.

Harry Tomlinson
11-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Another big thanks Norm! Being able to compete in a race with Garet is something I'll not soon forget. A special thanks to Gary Sinclair for helping Garet off the line (he was sooo nervous). Also, thanks to all the courteous riders in the beginners class. I rode with the beginning kids in the back and picked up/ restarted about 5 different XR 70-80-100's. When the front runners were lapping the kid's they were extremely patient of the little racers.
Does anyone know of any other (non motocross) events for kids? Garet's already asking.

Keith Hertell
11-18-2002, 12:52 PM
Harry, how old is he?
My son is 7 now and he's been bugging me about riding the YSR.
I know TMGP lets the kids ride at the age of 8.
They can ride whatever they want, too.
Keith

Keith Hertell
11-18-2002, 12:52 PM
Harry, how old is he?
My son is 7 now and he's been bugging me about riding the YSR.
I know TMGP lets the kids ride at the age of 8.
They can ride whatever they want, too.
Keith

David Hirsch
11-18-2002, 02:36 PM
Other than a broken rib and a very sore body I had a great time!
David

David Hirsch
11-18-2002, 02:36 PM
Other than a broken rib and a very sore body I had a great time!
David

Steve Haesemeyer
11-18-2002, 06:04 PM
I also had good time. This dirt bike riding is alot harder than roadracing and cheaper. Man, my body is sore. I know Mr. David "I thought I could ride" Hirsch crashed more than my 6 year old, Chris. I want to thank Norm, Lucy and the Oklahoma tour riders for the great chili dogs. HAZE

Steve Haesemeyer
11-18-2002, 06:04 PM
I also had good time. This dirt bike riding is alot harder than roadracing and cheaper. Man, my body is sore. I know Mr. David "I thought I could ride" Hirsch crashed more than my 6 year old, Chris. I want to thank Norm, Lucy and the Oklahoma tour riders for the great chili dogs. HAZE

David Hirsch
11-18-2002, 08:06 PM
OK Haseleveryone, I have to defend myself. I crashed once, but I did it right.

David Hirsch
11-18-2002, 08:06 PM
OK Haseleveryone, I have to defend myself. I crashed once, but I did it right.

Jiveturky
11-18-2002, 08:16 PM
NOrm,

All I have to say is THANKS!!! I had a great time. I have a whole new respect for Dirt Bike guys after that experience. I will say that I honestly think Phil is a very sick man. That track was insane. GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

Haze,

I must have missed you man. Anyway hope you had a good time. Did the kid enjoy it??

Later, Eric

Jiveturky
11-18-2002, 08:16 PM
NOrm,

All I have to say is THANKS!!! I had a great time. I have a whole new respect for Dirt Bike guys after that experience. I will say that I honestly think Phil is a very sick man. That track was insane. GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

Haze,

I must have missed you man. Anyway hope you had a good time. Did the kid enjoy it??

Later, Eric

Harry Tomlinson
11-19-2002, 07:35 AM
Keith,
He's 9 and is YSR interested. Email me @ harryt@stevenmichael.com to discuss further.
H.

Harry Tomlinson
11-19-2002, 07:35 AM
Keith,
He's 9 and is YSR interested. Email me @ harryt@stevenmichael.com to discuss further.
H.

ysr612
11-19-2002, 07:57 AM
enduro's will mostly allow him to run and there are a lot of them in the state. they have a kid race the day before and then the real enduro. depends how fast he is he may get timed out this usally happens about 40 miles into the course so he get to ride the whole thing anyway.

http://www.tscec.org

ysr612
11-19-2002, 07:57 AM
enduro's will mostly allow him to run and there are a lot of them in the state. they have a kid race the day before and then the real enduro. depends how fast he is he may get timed out this usally happens about 40 miles into the course so he get to ride the whole thing anyway.

http://www.tscec.org

Linz Leard
11-19-2002, 09:50 AM
I missed out. I didn't suffer a broken body part, but I did suffer a broken engine case. Thankfully (if one can be thankful of broken parts), it happened before I got to the races.

I know the story, but please, Chuck, tell us about how when you gotta go, you gotta go!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Linz Leard
11-19-2002, 09:50 AM
I missed out. I didn't suffer a broken body part, but I did suffer a broken engine case. Thankfully (if one can be thankful of broken parts), it happened before I got to the races.

I know the story, but please, Chuck, tell us about how when you gotta go, you gotta go!
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jack Giesecke
11-19-2002, 09:53 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Number one or number two? Jeez, I hope it was off the fast line. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jack Giesecke
11-19-2002, 09:53 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Number one or number two? Jeez, I hope it was off the fast line. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif