PDA

View Full Version : Spoken Like a True Texan

Michael D. Henry
11-20-2002, 12:23 PM
Colin on the Cube "Mondayís fall was my first real Ďcontactí with the system the RS Cube uses to unleash its horsepower. Iíve spent 24 years of my life learning to open up the gas on a racing bike and on Monday I suddenly discovered a completely new way to do it. What actually happens is you give the command to a computer that sends it to the engine. Itís something new and has to be learnt."

Courtesy of RRW

Michael D. Henry
11-20-2002, 12:23 PM
Colin on the Cube "Mondayís fall was my first real Ďcontactí with the system the RS Cube uses to unleash its horsepower. Iíve spent 24 years of my life learning to open up the gas on a racing bike and on Monday I suddenly discovered a completely new way to do it. What actually happens is you give the command to a computer that sends it to the engine. Itís something new and has to be learnt."

Courtesy of RRW

SMILEYMAN
11-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Honda better hope he takes a long time to figure it out! Otherwise he will fly by wire right to the front! Smiley

SMILEYMAN
11-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Honda better hope he takes a long time to figure it out! Otherwise he will fly by wire right to the front! Smiley

Linz Leard
11-20-2002, 03:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Michael D. Henry:
"learnt."</div></div>Go ahead Chuckster - pick on Colin's English speaking skills when you see him at the awards ceremony. I'll make a point of being there to make certain that you do! :p

Linz Leard
11-20-2002, 03:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Michael D. Henry:
"learnt."</div></div>Go ahead Chuckster - pick on Colin's English speaking skills when you see him at the awards ceremony. I'll make a point of being there to make certain that you do! :p

bentracing
11-20-2002, 04:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Courtesy of RRW[/QB]</div></div> http://home.earthlink.net/~dvbreeze/

Might oughta post a link to RRW next time.

bentracing
11-20-2002, 04:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Courtesy of RRW[/QB]</div></div> http://home.earthlink.net/~dvbreeze/

Might oughta post a link to RRW next time.

Chuck Ergle
11-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Actually, it's apparent that Colin's comments were transcribed by an Englishman; beyond that, it's as perfectly acceptable to say "learnt" (for "learned")as it is to say "dealt" (for dealed). More properly, one IS "learned" (pronounced "ler-ned", an adjective), and one HAS "learnt" ("lernt", past tense of learned ("lernd"), a verb)). As has always been true, current usage defines correctness, and that correctness depends, to a large extent, upon one's location. Now, where's my Fuller's ESB?

Chuck Ergle
11-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Actually, it's apparent that Colin's comments were transcribed by an Englishman; beyond that, it's as perfectly acceptable to say "learnt" (for "learned")as it is to say "dealt" (for dealed). More properly, one IS "learned" (pronounced "ler-ned", an adjective), and one HAS "learnt" ("lernt", past tense of learned ("lernd"), a verb)). As has always been true, current usage defines correctness, and that correctness depends, to a large extent, upon one's location. Now, where's my Fuller's ESB?

Linz Leard
11-21-2002, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chuck Ergle:
Now, where's my Fuller's ESB?</div></div>Aw geez! I think I know where it is...check your /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

:p

Linz Leard
11-21-2002, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Chuck Ergle:
Now, where's my Fuller's ESB?</div></div>Aw geez! I think I know where it is...check your /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

:p

colin fowler
11-21-2002, 06:29 AM
Well said Chuck, God I miss being around. I'm a XX's man myself, don't know what they got you drinkin up there now.

colin fowler
11-21-2002, 06:29 AM
Well said Chuck, God I miss being around. I'm a XX's man myself, don't know what they got you drinkin up there now.