PDA

View Full Version : Vintage bicycles??? Who's interested??

Jiveturky
03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok I know they don't have motors but they are still of the two wheel variety. Anyone here interested in vintage bicycles?? I just added a 1951 Schwinn Black Phantom to my small collection. It is pretty rough but should look like the ones in the mags in a few months. What do you guys have??

Later, Eric

Jiveturky
03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok I know they don't have motors but they are still of the two wheel variety. Anyone here interested in vintage bicycles?? I just added a 1951 Schwinn Black Phantom to my small collection. It is pretty rough but should look like the ones in the mags in a few months. What do you guys have??

Later, Eric

Keith Hertell
03-14-2005, 10:11 PM
I've got a 77' Schwinn Mag Scrambler still.
Sold all my 80's BMX stuff on Ebay a few years ago.
Made a small fortune then blew it on racing.

Keith Hertell
03-14-2005, 10:11 PM
I've got a 77' Schwinn Mag Scrambler still.
Sold all my 80's BMX stuff on Ebay a few years ago.
Made a small fortune then blew it on racing.

Jiveturky
03-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Kieth,

I understand that!!! The next bike I would love to have is a Grape Krate Schwinn Stingray. You know the ones with the shifters. A Pea Picker or a Grey Ghost would be cool as well. Let me know if you come across something. I am in the process of building a 1972 Schwinn Stingray Deluxe Junior for Ethan and an old custom for me. The Custom is an old 24 inch Columbia frame with a Stebler Tank, springer front end, bobbed fenders, rear slick, ram horn bars, etc., etc.. You'll see it at the next round, it is not quite ready for MSR.

Later, Eric

Jiveturky
03-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Kieth,

I understand that!!! The next bike I would love to have is a Grape Krate Schwinn Stingray. You know the ones with the shifters. A Pea Picker or a Grey Ghost would be cool as well. Let me know if you come across something. I am in the process of building a 1972 Schwinn Stingray Deluxe Junior for Ethan and an old custom for me. The Custom is an old 24 inch Columbia frame with a Stebler Tank, springer front end, bobbed fenders, rear slick, ram horn bars, etc., etc.. You'll see it at the next round, it is not quite ready for MSR.

Later, Eric

Jack Giesecke
03-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Yes, I can remember it like yesterday, "Mama, I wanna three speed stingray bike!" I got a Raleigh 3 speed with 26" wheels. I was a little too young and stupid to realized it was a MUCH better bicycle. LOL But, it cost my poor mom a small fortune in the 60s, $60, and I certainly showed my appeciation.

I think "banana" bike was a pretty cool moniker, LOL.

Jack Giesecke
03-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Yes, I can remember it like yesterday, "Mama, I wanna three speed stingray bike!" I got a Raleigh 3 speed with 26" wheels. I was a little too young and stupid to realized it was a MUCH better bicycle. LOL But, it cost my poor mom a small fortune in the 60s, $60, and I certainly showed my appeciation.

I think "banana" bike was a pretty cool moniker, LOL.

Keith Hertell
03-15-2005, 09:49 AM
My first new and "real" bicycle was a 1975 Schwinn Stingray. It was yellow and came with a number plate already on the bars. That is what made it so cool.

Keith Hertell
03-15-2005, 09:49 AM
My first new and "real" bicycle was a 1975 Schwinn Stingray. It was yellow and came with a number plate already on the bars. That is what made it so cool.

Derek Heaton
03-16-2005, 09:55 PM
I know it's just not that old, but I used to have a Yamaha bicycle with forks and shocks. I don't know what happenned to it tho.

Derek Heaton
03-16-2005, 09:55 PM
I know it's just not that old, but I used to have a Yamaha bicycle with forks and shocks. I don't know what happenned to it tho.

Greg Williams
03-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I've got a late 1930's BSA roadster style bicycle. British Empire's finest! It was bought used in Singapore in the late 1940's.

Greg Williams
03-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I've got a late 1930's BSA roadster style bicycle. British Empire's finest! It was bought used in Singapore in the late 1940's.