PDA

View Full Version : thanks from the lawnmower man.........

Buck Beasley
03-22-2005, 02:14 PM
i want to say thank you to all for the kind words and help after my sun am crash. i would list all the names but bell was rung well so can't remember them all.......couldn't remember thm all any way. marv,clay,bill,chris k., (dr.)schupak, walter and barry first on the scene as always, (barry MAKE me ride the 4 wheeler back next time!!) jonathon wright i'm sorry if it wasn't a clean pass, i thought i had you and i lost my focus on entry when i saw you there, my bad for sure. i was having a fit trying to get around you, can't wait to try again, good racing for sure!!
i guess it was my turn to pay the piper, and after literally dozens of run offs without incident (yeah that's usually me @ohr t2 &6) i was way over due. strange things happened that day.......my folks showed up to watch for the first time, and before i went out i told them if i crash not to worry it happens in racing. well sure enough i crash and come to a stop not 30' in front of them. i'm pounding my fists on the ground and wham......deja 'vu.....i dreamed the whole thing a few weeks ago. spooky!! saw my ortho today and said my reg dr did a good job and plates and screws would be a longer heal time as it already shows regrowth. i did pass out when he set it though, like giving birth from your armpit. tws is a maybe if i do nothing til then....so i'll pass my time typing onehanded messages. thanks again to everyone!!!!!

one more thing, my ortho said that 90%of bike related collar bones are caused by the bottom of the helmet. i'm sure everyone has seen those race collars the car drivers and youong mx'ers use. probably hot, but don't laugh when you see me in one next time.

Buck Beasley
03-22-2005, 02:14 PM
i want to say thank you to all for the kind words and help after my sun am crash. i would list all the names but bell was rung well so can't remember them all.......couldn't remember thm all any way. marv,clay,bill,chris k., (dr.)schupak, walter and barry first on the scene as always, (barry MAKE me ride the 4 wheeler back next time!!) jonathon wright i'm sorry if it wasn't a clean pass, i thought i had you and i lost my focus on entry when i saw you there, my bad for sure. i was having a fit trying to get around you, can't wait to try again, good racing for sure!!
i guess it was my turn to pay the piper, and after literally dozens of run offs without incident (yeah that's usually me @ohr t2 &6) i was way over due. strange things happened that day.......my folks showed up to watch for the first time, and before i went out i told them if i crash not to worry it happens in racing. well sure enough i crash and come to a stop not 30' in front of them. i'm pounding my fists on the ground and wham......deja 'vu.....i dreamed the whole thing a few weeks ago. spooky!! saw my ortho today and said my reg dr did a good job and plates and screws would be a longer heal time as it already shows regrowth. i did pass out when he set it though, like giving birth from your armpit. tws is a maybe if i do nothing til then....so i'll pass my time typing onehanded messages. thanks again to everyone!!!!!

one more thing, my ortho said that 90%of bike related collar bones are caused by the bottom of the helmet. i'm sure everyone has seen those race collars the car drivers and youong mx'ers use. probably hot, but don't laugh when you see me in one next time.

03-22-2005, 03:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Buck Beasley:
one more thing, my ortho said that 90%of bike related collar bones are caused by the bottom of the helmet. i'm sure everyone has seen those race collars the car drivers and youong mx'ers use. probably hot, but don't laugh when you see me in one next time. </div></div>wow... good to know. I may just look into something like that after hearing how much fun broken collar bones are /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

03-22-2005, 03:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Buck Beasley:
one more thing, my ortho said that 90%of bike related collar bones are caused by the bottom of the helmet. i'm sure everyone has seen those race collars the car drivers and youong mx'ers use. probably hot, but don't laugh when you see me in one next time. </div></div>wow... good to know. I may just look into something like that after hearing how much fun broken collar bones are /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Jonathan Wright
03-22-2005, 03:10 PM
I wear one of those collars in the dirt - but I was thinking about it for street. I'll try it out for sure.

Hey, Buck. Not a big deal. I knew something didn't look right when I was looking over and I was getting ready to turn and you weren't. Since you were on the inside of me I knew you should have already been committed. So luckily I backed off and missed your rear tire.

Sorry you got banged up, though. Glad you don't need screws. NO fun. No fun at all.

But yeah - it was cool hearing your pipe near me...I like to be pushed.

Here's to good racing and hoping you get back on the bike soon!

Jonathan Wright
03-22-2005, 03:10 PM
I wear one of those collars in the dirt - but I was thinking about it for street. I'll try it out for sure.

Hey, Buck. Not a big deal. I knew something didn't look right when I was looking over and I was getting ready to turn and you weren't. Since you were on the inside of me I knew you should have already been committed. So luckily I backed off and missed your rear tire.

Sorry you got banged up, though. Glad you don't need screws. NO fun. No fun at all.

But yeah - it was cool hearing your pipe near me...I like to be pushed.

Here's to good racing and hoping you get back on the bike soon!

marcus mcbain
03-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Buck,

We are just glad you are OK. Get well soon so we can hear the Marv/Buck racing stories.

Marcus

marcus mcbain
03-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Buck,

We are just glad you are OK. Get well soon so we can hear the Marv/Buck racing stories.

Marcus

R1y2k
03-24-2005, 11:25 AM
longer heal by a few weeks tops but much better results, just my opinion. i like my screws and plate, theone reason mine was done like that was it poked through the skin. after 2 breaks last season im very interested in the pad or whatever your talking about, if i rebreak the right side it will be messy with 7 screws and a 6" titanium plate in there. so please tell me more. i was told it breaks from putting your arms out in front of you, my first break happened just like your, running out of room, locking the rear and getting pitched like a little *****. get your rotator cuffs checked out too. i have partial tears in both sides.

BD

R1y2k
03-24-2005, 11:25 AM
longer heal by a few weeks tops but much better results, just my opinion. i like my screws and plate, theone reason mine was done like that was it poked through the skin. after 2 breaks last season im very interested in the pad or whatever your talking about, if i rebreak the right side it will be messy with 7 screws and a 6" titanium plate in there. so please tell me more. i was told it breaks from putting your arms out in front of you, my first break happened just like your, running out of room, locking the rear and getting pitched like a little *****. get your rotator cuffs checked out too. i have partial tears in both sides.

BD

R1y2k
03-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh and good luck wiping lefty, try to not make abigger mess than you started with. if you broke that side i forgot wich one you crunched.

R1y2k
03-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh and good luck wiping lefty, try to not make abigger mess than you started with. if you broke that side i forgot wich one you crunched.

Jonathan Wright
03-24-2005, 11:44 AM
While I didn't have the compound fracture that you did, they didn't think mine would heal up. It still took several months for the fracture to join. But having it all one piece and not having my shoulder float around was indeed nice.

But dizam the next day after surgury hurt like a mofo.

For the neck collar Buck was talking about, I have the EVS 2.

EVS Neck Support (http://www.evs-motocross.com/evs_neck-shoulder_protection.html)

Jonathan Wright
03-24-2005, 11:44 AM
While I didn't have the compound fracture that you did, they didn't think mine would heal up. It still took several months for the fracture to join. But having it all one piece and not having my shoulder float around was indeed nice.

But dizam the next day after surgury hurt like a mofo.

For the neck collar Buck was talking about, I have the EVS 2.

EVS Neck Support (http://www.evs-motocross.com/evs_neck-shoulder_protection.html)

R1y2k
03-24-2005, 01:00 PM
i see an rc 2, is that it?

R1y2k
03-24-2005, 01:00 PM
i see an rc 2, is that it?

Jonathan Wright
03-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Yup.

Jonathan Wright
03-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Yup.

Jason Keene
03-24-2005, 04:22 PM
those shoulder sleeves are slick... Last year I rode with a busted collar bone and shoulder blade.... that would have made things a bit more bearable...

Cuz we all know that I'm not sitting in the pits if I can get my hand to the bar.....

Jason Keene
03-24-2005, 04:22 PM
those shoulder sleeves are slick... Last year I rode with a busted collar bone and shoulder blade.... that would have made things a bit more bearable...

Cuz we all know that I'm not sitting in the pits if I can get my hand to the bar.....

Troy Fuller
03-25-2005, 08:55 AM
RC2 Adult and RC2 Youth ordered for my son and me . . .

I would rather deal with more heat and sweat than screws and plates.

Troy Fuller
03-25-2005, 08:55 AM
RC2 Adult and RC2 Youth ordered for my son and me . . .

I would rather deal with more heat and sweat than screws and plates.

David Milner
03-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I took my son go cart racing yesterday and put those on. I'm in for one. Didn't really notice it. But did notice that my head didn't bounce all over the place. I'm sure that will help me keep focused on the track.

David Milner
03-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I took my son go cart racing yesterday and put those on. I'm in for one. Didn't really notice it. But did notice that my head didn't bounce all over the place. I'm sure that will help me keep focused on the track.