PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Thank You’s, and an Apology,

marcus mcbain
03-23-2005, 09:53 AM
I want take some time to give some congratulations, some thank you’s, and an apology. It was another great weekend.

First off, my apologies to Buck Beasley for being too swamped to do the work I initially promised I would do. I really have valued Buck’s business as well as all of my regular customers. I am making more adjustments to the company to ensure this does not happen again. I only took 1 hour of sleep Thursday and Friday night and we tried to get to everything done, but it didn’t happen. Again, it will be fixed.

Although I took delivery of the 3-D Axxion Arm, I did not measure a single bike for several reason. Most because the wind was so frequently bad, but I also had people bumping the machine while I was trying to measure. The bikes were moving from the wind while I was measuring and that don’t work as they say. I am figuring a solution for this. Sorry to those who were counting on this product. It will be ready at TWS.

Thank you to my wife Renate, without her none of this would be possible. Thank you very much to Leonard Gremillion. Every weekend, Leonard is making a huge impact to RPS. I can’t thank him enough. Most of all, thank you to the loyal RPS customers. I can’t thank you all enough.

Congratulations to Ty Howard who won 5 races. It was a lot of work this last week. Ty realized that he had to have everything right. We worked really hard on the setup on all of his bikes, and at the end of the day Ty proved just how good of rider he is as well as the fact that a lot of money doesn’t buy the best suspension or setup by setting the track record three times on the new Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridges.

I also want to thank and congratulate Shea Fouchek who won 6 races. We have spent all of the off season training putting Shea through my roadracing “boot camp” and Shea has been the perfect student. Shea got some final finishing from Ty Howard. He was a really good rider before we started and he is showing that he will be a great rider real soon. Thanks to Shea for making RPS products look so good through your great riding.

Welcome to Shannon Ball. For those of you that don’t know, Shannon is now riding under the Racing Performance Services banner. Although he had never rode the RPS GSXR-600 before Sunday morning, we got the machine working well enough for Shannon to finish 2nd in the C Superstock race despite starting from the back row. Thanks to David Starks for stepping up and helping out when I found out Shannon would not be able to sprint race this season because of obvious financial challenges. I am looking forward to hopefully putting Shannon on the best equipment he has ever ridden and providing an opportunity to continue to show what a great rider he is.

Congrats to the following RPS sponsored/customer teams and riders that had great success this weekend on finished “on the box”.

Northwest Honda
Lone Star Track Days
Team O’Donnell
Team Ridesmart
Ty Howard
Shannon Ball
Shea Fouchek
Craig Thomson – Glad to have on board as a customer
Charles Christine – Keep that F2 running
Eric Kancir – Glad you got to try those forks I built for you finally.
Randall Kienast
Will Shupak – Great first expert race weekend
Dane Westby – Looking forward to finishing those forks
Ronnie Lunsford
Cory Burleson – We’ll get you back on track at TWS
Myles Turner – Good Job

Thanks again,
Marcus McBain

marcus mcbain
03-23-2005, 09:53 AM
I want take some time to give some congratulations, some thank you’s, and an apology. It was another great weekend.

First off, my apologies to Buck Beasley for being too swamped to do the work I initially promised I would do. I really have valued Buck’s business as well as all of my regular customers. I am making more adjustments to the company to ensure this does not happen again. I only took 1 hour of sleep Thursday and Friday night and we tried to get to everything done, but it didn’t happen. Again, it will be fixed.

Although I took delivery of the 3-D Axxion Arm, I did not measure a single bike for several reason. Most because the wind was so frequently bad, but I also had people bumping the machine while I was trying to measure. The bikes were moving from the wind while I was measuring and that don’t work as they say. I am figuring a solution for this. Sorry to those who were counting on this product. It will be ready at TWS.

Thank you to my wife Renate, without her none of this would be possible. Thank you very much to Leonard Gremillion. Every weekend, Leonard is making a huge impact to RPS. I can’t thank him enough. Most of all, thank you to the loyal RPS customers. I can’t thank you all enough.

Congratulations to Ty Howard who won 5 races. It was a lot of work this last week. Ty realized that he had to have everything right. We worked really hard on the setup on all of his bikes, and at the end of the day Ty proved just how good of rider he is as well as the fact that a lot of money doesn’t buy the best suspension or setup by setting the track record three times on the new Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridges.

I also want to thank and congratulate Shea Fouchek who won 6 races. We have spent all of the off season training putting Shea through my roadracing “boot camp” and Shea has been the perfect student. Shea got some final finishing from Ty Howard. He was a really good rider before we started and he is showing that he will be a great rider real soon. Thanks to Shea for making RPS products look so good through your great riding.

Welcome to Shannon Ball. For those of you that don’t know, Shannon is now riding under the Racing Performance Services banner. Although he had never rode the RPS GSXR-600 before Sunday morning, we got the machine working well enough for Shannon to finish 2nd in the C Superstock race despite starting from the back row. Thanks to David Starks for stepping up and helping out when I found out Shannon would not be able to sprint race this season because of obvious financial challenges. I am looking forward to hopefully putting Shannon on the best equipment he has ever ridden and providing an opportunity to continue to show what a great rider he is.

Congrats to the following RPS sponsored/customer teams and riders that had great success this weekend on finished “on the box”.

Northwest Honda
Lone Star Track Days
Team O’Donnell
Team Ridesmart
Ty Howard
Shannon Ball
Shea Fouchek
Craig Thomson – Glad to have on board as a customer
Charles Christine – Keep that F2 running
Eric Kancir – Glad you got to try those forks I built for you finally.
Randall Kienast
Will Shupak – Great first expert race weekend
Dane Westby – Looking forward to finishing those forks
Ronnie Lunsford
Cory Burleson – We’ll get you back on track at TWS
Myles Turner – Good Job

Thanks again,
Marcus McBain

Jeff Grant
03-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Our Endurance bike felt great Marcus. The first hour problem we had was a bizarre "mistake" on our part that cost us. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Thanks for droppin' by to check on us.

Jeff Grant
03-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Our Endurance bike felt great Marcus. The first hour problem we had was a bizarre "mistake" on our part that cost us. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Thanks for droppin' by to check on us.

Chris Kutalek
03-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Marcus,

Thank you for always getting my bike set up perfectly and checking on me through the weekend. The bike handled great this weekend.

Please thank Renate for the soup and the encouragement, she is always a pleasure to be around.

And please thank Leonard for all of his help,
my starts were a lot better this time.

Chris

Chris Kutalek
03-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Marcus,

Thank you for always getting my bike set up perfectly and checking on me through the weekend. The bike handled great this weekend.

Please thank Renate for the soup and the encouragement, she is always a pleasure to be around.

And please thank Leonard for all of his help,
my starts were a lot better this time.

Chris

Nathaniel Orona
03-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Thank you Marcus for taking the time to give our bikes a quick once over. All your help is appreciated. We'll try and get it on the podium next time. And by the way, Shannon is SICK on the track, I am sure glad he is the newest addition to Team Penetration. I think you have a good man on the RPS bike Marcus. Shannon exceeded any and all expectations I had by taking us from row 23, 3rd wave, of the endurance race to 1st overall in 12 laps, then only to be plagued with a stupid shifter problem that was not allowing us to downshift. Oh well, that's racing, we're coming out hard at TWS.

Nathaniel Orona
03-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Thank you Marcus for taking the time to give our bikes a quick once over. All your help is appreciated. We'll try and get it on the podium next time. And by the way, Shannon is SICK on the track, I am sure glad he is the newest addition to Team Penetration. I think you have a good man on the RPS bike Marcus. Shannon exceeded any and all expectations I had by taking us from row 23, 3rd wave, of the endurance race to 1st overall in 12 laps, then only to be plagued with a stupid shifter problem that was not allowing us to downshift. Oh well, that's racing, we're coming out hard at TWS.

RedKDave
03-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Marcus...excellent press release article on the Road Racing World website. I do not believe that Shannon Ball could have found a better sponsor and friend than you and Renate. With your suspension equipment and expertise and Shannon's riding ability, there is no reason he should not claim a national title! Congratulations.

RedKDave
03-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Marcus...excellent press release article on the Road Racing World website. I do not believe that Shannon Ball could have found a better sponsor and friend than you and Renate. With your suspension equipment and expertise and Shannon's riding ability, there is no reason he should not claim a national title! Congratulations.

Ty Howard
03-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Marcus,
Thanks a bunch for the help. With limited track time and setup time it was key to be precise with every suspension change. After taking the kickstand off the new 750 saturday and seeing the steep competition entered, I was a little stressed for Sunday. But after the third session on the bike you had it dailed in for Sunday.
Thanks again.
P.S. the AK20's are unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!

Ty Howard
03-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Marcus,
Thanks a bunch for the help. With limited track time and setup time it was key to be precise with every suspension change. After taking the kickstand off the new 750 saturday and seeing the steep competition entered, I was a little stressed for Sunday. But after the third session on the bike you had it dailed in for Sunday.
Thanks again.
P.S. the AK20's are unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!

redelk
03-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Though our endurance bike got wadded up in the first hour, I too would like to thank you for the work you did for us on the "never serviced before" shock and bringing the forks up to snuff (just prior to them getting tweaked). As well as you taking the time to come over and check it out after the crash.

Most importantly, thanks to your staff on finding my 5mm T-handle lodged next to the airbox. I'd been looking everywhere for it. To think, most folks thought you just did suspension work. Who would have imagined you and your staff are also the "finders of lost tools".

redelk
03-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Though our endurance bike got wadded up in the first hour, I too would like to thank you for the work you did for us on the "never serviced before" shock and bringing the forks up to snuff (just prior to them getting tweaked). As well as you taking the time to come over and check it out after the crash.

Most importantly, thanks to your staff on finding my 5mm T-handle lodged next to the airbox. I'd been looking everywhere for it. To think, most folks thought you just did suspension work. Who would have imagined you and your staff are also the "finders of lost tools".

burner42
03-23-2005, 07:28 PM
As I stated in a previous post, you saved my butt this weekend Marcus, my bike has not handled this well in a long time! Thanks again for all your help, you and Renate are an asset to the racing community. You are one of the first people I ever met when I got involved in racing, lonestar track day at Cresson on my Ducati 999S last Spring, you dialed in the suspension for me then too!
Thanks Buddy.
Myles

burner42
03-23-2005, 07:28 PM
As I stated in a previous post, you saved my butt this weekend Marcus, my bike has not handled this well in a long time! Thanks again for all your help, you and Renate are an asset to the racing community. You are one of the first people I ever met when I got involved in racing, lonestar track day at Cresson on my Ducati 999S last Spring, you dialed in the suspension for me then too!
Thanks Buddy.
Myles